World Cup bids for 2018 and 2022

dbsweeney

I tell you what, its worth a few quid on Russia to win the tournament. Fairly or otherwise

I bet they do ok like. Dunno about winning it though.

Unlike England 1966 - all games played at Wembley, Argentinian Captain sent off, dodgy Russian linesman.........................

Money talks.

More effective than money is the Qatar's bid promise to dismantle the stadiums after the cup and reassemble them in "poor countries." So when in 2023 we see where they go, we can figure out how the votes were cast.

If it happens at all. I mean, they're not going to get another world cup are they? Anyway, the stadiums'll look like the 5-a-side courts at Wallsend Sports Centre about 3 years later if they are moved.

Money talks.

More effective than money is the Qatar's bid promise to dismantle the stadiums after the cup and reassemble them in "poor countries." So when in 2023 we see where they go, we can figure out how the votes were cast.

That will never happen. Would eat too much into their profit

Im more gutted we wont get to see holographic football in japan!

Dear oh Dear

Russia and Qatar aren't in it for profit FFS - it's all about pride

They clearly "give a fuck" or they would not have bidded. Talk some sense man. Like others have stated in before the WORLD CUP is not a fucking World Cup if it is being hosted in Europe and America all the time.

;) Aye the top billionaires give a fuck but the regular people dont, it's the same in Dubai the regular people that live in the slums just outside the centre couldnt give a fuck about all the fancy hotels, race tracks etc theyre building. These countries arent leaving fucking legacies man it's all about power and money the Chinese uprooted half their working classes and bulldozed slums to build hotels that stand empty because no one can afford them. It'd have been better off going to Oz in 2022 than Qatar if they weren't going to give it to America.

I tell you what, its worth a few quid on Russia to win the tournament. Fairly or otherwise

I bet they do ok like. Dunno about winning it though.

Unlike England 1966 - all games played at Wembley, Argentinian Captain sent off, dodgy Russian linesman.........................

;)

We'd sort of have had home advantage wherever we played like. That kind of comes with being hosts.

England don't get the WC and Rob's on here desperate for chomps. Sums the bloke up tbh.

naaa - its just ridiculous - we KNEW the rules when we went into the bidding process

we knew that fat lunatic Blatter is obsessed with "spreading the game"

We knew that most of the voters come from third world countries

We knew that we'd not done ourselves any favours with the fearless journalism of the meeja

But if they'd voted for us we'd all be saying what a fine bunch of blokes they were

England don't get the WC and Rob's on here desperate for chomps. Sums the bloke up tbh.

naaa - its just ridiculous - we KNEW the rules when we went into the bidding process

We knew that we'd not done ourselves any favours with the fearless journalism of the meeja

But if they'd voted for us we'd all be saying what a fine bunch of blokes they were

If it was that obvious beforehand I think you'd have offered to have a charidee wager on the outcome.

Couldn't argue with you there like ;)

Will Lineker quit the BBC in the wake of Panorama in the same way he flounced from the Daily Mail after the Lord Triesman affair ?

The only thing that could make me feel better is some kind of documentary, possibly by Panorama, exploring the past corruption of the FIFA delegates and slandering a number or key voters, past and present. The we can talk about how we were never going to get it anyway.

If it was that obvious beforehand I think you'd have offered to have a charidee wager on the outcome.

can't afford another one until my pension comes in January.....................

The only thing that could make me feel better is some kind of documentary, possibly by Panorama, exploring the past corruption of the FIFA delegates and slandering a number or key voters, past and present. The we can talk about how we were never going to get it anyway.

we could do it every four years - just before the draw for each Final

I look forward to seeing zenit fans in the crowds

0,,13986971-EX,00.jpg

There's clips of youtube of foreign immigrants being beaten up by gangs of big 6ft4 racist twats, for the crime of being there. Renton had it right Russians are cold, calculating, soulless twats. Ivan Drago was the classic Russian.

If I sound bitter I am, it's an absolute disgrace, it's like having Halle Berry (being us) in a line with Fizz, Sonya Jackson and Big Mo, and Big Mo won. It's too much to take, I can't take in justices in life it's the one thing that drives me up the wall, I'm bitter and I haven't got it in me to say well done Russia, because this is corruption at the highest level, the UN should investigate but they're corrupt twats too, the Putin change of heart to go says a hell of a lot. A country of 160m, the second super power of the world changing his plans in 18 hours. This is the worst thing I've ever seen in sport.

;)