World Cup bids for 2018 and 2022

dbsweeney

"I am really sorry. I am sorry that I am still a punching ball. I am as president of Fifa this punching ball. And I am sorry for football. I am sorry to Fifa. I have served them for more than 40 years. I am sorry for 400-plus team members working in Fifa. I'm sorry.

"But I'm also sorry abut me. How I am treated in this world of humanity."

5038ed67afa96f115b000cda.jpg

Apparently Blatter was sure that he had convinced the committee the £1.3m payment made to Platini from FIFA was legitimate, why would that ever be legitimate? It's an utterly bizarre organization. Really hope this is the end for this utter cockroach.

The president of Sierra Leone's FA has jumped to his defence, if I was Blatter I'd tell my mates like him to be quiet as it honestly just makes Blatter look worse. I hope they learn from this and put some sort of maximum term rule in place as having the same bloke in charge of something like this since 1998 was only ever going to mean a fair amount of corruption, I'm sure they wont learn a fucking thing mind.

Edited by Howay

Apparently Blatter was sure that he had convinced the committee the £1.3m payment made to Platini from FIFA was legitimate, why would that ever be legitimate? It's an utterly bizarre organization. Really hope this is the end for this utter cockroach.

The president of Sierra Leone's FA has jumped to his defence, if I was Blatter I'd tell my mates like him to be quiet as it honestly just makes Blatter look worse. I hope they learn from this and put some sort of maximum term rule in place as having the same bloke in charge of something like this since 1998 was only ever going to mean a fair amount of corruption, I'm sure they wont learn a fucking thing mind.

Didn't they have a max term rule which he got them to withdraw?

I think he said he was going to introduce a max term for the Fifa Presidency but never did. There couldn't have been one in place before because Havalange was in power for about 25 years.

I think he said he was going to introduce a max term for the Fifa Presidency but never did. There couldn't have been one in place before because Havalange was in power for about 25 years.

It's amazing that he has managed to carry on the way he has for so long when you notice that his standard tactic for getting what he wants is telling everyone what they want to hear and then not bothering to do it, all the while hoping that they just forget about it. He said he was stepping down back in February, then decided to run again in May, said it was time for him to go during the scandal but then just hung about.

Anyone seen 'United Passions' the film FIFA commissioned about how Blatter and Havelange saved the world as we know it? :lol:

(I've only seen clips of it rather than the whole clip of it. Tim Roth doing a Michael Caine/Jaws 3 paying a bill job).

Anyone seen 'United Passions' the film FIFA commissioned about how Blatter and Havelange saved the world as we know it? :lol:

(I've only seen clips of it rather than the whole clip of it. Tim Roth doing a Michael Caine/Jaws 3 paying a bill job).

Saw some of the trailers on youtube a while back. Looked horrendous :lol:

It's almost like he's been bribing loads of people behind the scenes.

:lol:

I like to think Blatter has completely lost touch with what is actually okay to do, he has spent the last 20 or so year surrounded by blokes like Jack Warner and Tokyo Sexwale ( :lol: ) so I fully believe he thinks he's completely innocent and the bribes he has been giving out are just how things are done.

Saw some of the trailers on youtube a while back. Looked horrendous :lol:

That's it, then. First time I'm bored with time in my hands I'm watching it if it's on kodi. It'll be like a reconstruction of a CT settee sale when we see Roth brokering a world cup deal.

Aye, I think he's pretty much convinced himself he's blameless in all this. As has already been said, at the very least he's presided over it all and been highly incompetent. On that basis alone he should be deeply ashamed but he obviously seems to think he's some sort of victim in all this.

From Tim Roths recent Reddit AMA

The film is awful (can't say that because I haven't seen it) I hated doing it, it was the wrong film but for the right reasons. I had two kids in college so I had to make a decision and it was probably poorly judged, but once you make that decision you have to follow through. It's a hard road, being in something you don't want to do, but I'm glad I did it for my family.

As for Fifa I thought the movie would be much more about the corruption of this guy at first. I don't know if he is going to go down, he seems to have survived everything that has been thrown at him. There doesn't seem to be any way you can get to them because of all those big corporations behind him. It looks the most promising though now though, it looks like he is a on a back foot now because he looks more exposed then he has ever been in the past.

• 1 month later...

Blatter has broken his silence.

He was interviewed by French radio station RMC and when asked who he would endorse, "I can't, it's not possible, four of the five candidates contacted me and spoke about it."

Several of the federations have called him asking how they should vote, he said, "Vote with your conscience. Vote for who you find good."

When speaking about Valcke, "You can attack me, and I can defend myself, but you can't attack the secretary general Valcke, it's a question of financial controls at FIFA. It's not a question of ethics." Then said he knew of the private flights and they were acceptable because he was a good worker, "He managed FIFA well, we made now an organization that has reserves of 1.3 or 1.4 billion."