Official Match thread: Newcastle United Vs Arsenal

Jimbo

Can we talk about refereeing this game? Shocking stuff.

Jumping knee into the small of the back plus studs in the legs on Lovenkrands = yellow.

Someone boots Martins in the fucking face = nothing. That was a straight red to be honest.

No amount of whinging about the referee will absolve us of the fact that we blew a first half in which we dominated, lost our best player to injury, had a player who has absolutely no business taking penalties take one, sat through 90 minutes of Damien Duff fouling Sagna when he couldn't beat him, and utterly capitulated, as per the course, in the second half.

We are going down. Thanks for everything, Mike.

p.s. S. Taylor had an incredible game, probably the best I've ever seen from him in black and white.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie

Five things from yesteday

• Steven Taylor, and he has his critics I'm one of them, was absolutely magnificent.
  • If Bassong misses more than three games there's no hope.
  • Our young support are one of the most pathetic in world football, I've heard of booing a player off, but fucking booing someone on regardless if they want Jonas on instead of Shola.
  • I feel sad and hurt Kinnear is our manager, and I feel even worse that we have a clueless yid cunt like Hughton running the show, I know some might not agree, and sometimes his end product isn't great but not putting Jonas on for Taylor at half time was a slap in the face.
  • It might've been 1-1 with Given, Harper is clearly a good lad despite his mackem accent, but he fills me with no confidence at all.
  • Arsenal's wank fans are without question or debate the most plastic Tarquin's in the world game, I'd rather have the toon ultra's and shoes off even. 4FS.

• Steven Taylor, and he has his critics I'm one of them, was absolutely magnificent.
  • Our young support are one of the most pathetic in world football, I've heard of booing a player off, but fucking booing someone on regardless if they want Jonas on instead of Shola.
  • I feel sad and hurt Kinnear is our manager, and I feel even worse that we have a clueless yid cunt like Hughton running the show, I know some might not agree, and sometimes his end product isn't great but not putting Jonas on for Taylor at half time was a slap in the face.
  • It might've been 1-1 with Given, Harper is clearly a good lad despite his mackem accent, but he fills me with no confidence at all.
  • Arsenal's wank fans are without question or debate the most plastic Tarquin's in the world game, I'd rather have the toon ultra's and shoes off even. 4FS.

One of the most inept matchday management performances since the dawn of time. Just two of many fuck ups: Letting Martins take a pen and not subbing Taylor immediately or getting instruction out for a mf to drop back and hold (I watched in horror as Nolan casually tracked back).

One of the most inept matchday management performances since the dawn of time. Just two of many fuck ups: Letting Martins take a pen and not subbing Taylor immediately or getting instruction out for a mf to drop back and hold (I watched in horror as Nolan casually tracked back).

don't know if its been mentioned elsewhere, but why the hell did he take it with his right foot too, isn't he left? there's times to practice and there's fucking times to practice, would have been a completely different game had he put that away, FFS!

People can slate Taylor for his plastic geordie status all they want but hes been one of our best players the last few games. If more of the team gave a similar effort we wouldt be in the bottom 3

I agree. If the rest of them were putting it in like him, Enrique and Bassong have done lately we might well be a few points better off than we are.

Ryan Taylor and Coloccini were fucking shocking yesterday.

Edited by Big Onion

I'll need to watch again as I got fucking mortal after and I've obliterated a fair bit of the detail from my already piss-poor memory :(

I've just got a vague general impression of his overall shiteness.

People can slate Taylor for his plastic geordie status all they want but hes been one of our best players the last few games. If more of the team gave a similar effort we wouldt be in the bottom 3

I don't particularly rate him or Butt but over the last few games they have probably looked the most committed on the park and credit where its due.

I was, for a change, praising him at halftime. I then went downstairs and seen the elbowing incident, thats 2 out of the last 3 games hes put himself in a position where he could easily have been sent off...

Guest Stevie

don't know if its been mentioned elsewhere, but why the hell did he take it with his right foot too, isn't he left? there's times to practice and there's fucking times to practice, would have been a completely different game had he put that away, FFS!

He took one of v Reading with his right, and that was a wank pen but at least it went in. The one I remember with his left was away at the blue dippers and it narrowly missed the Mir spacestation.

He took one of v Reading with his right, and that was a wank pen but at least it went in. The one I remember with his left was away at the blue dippers and it narrowly missed the Mir spacestation.

The one at Everton was with his right foot, also scored with his right against Birmingham and Zulte Waregem as well as the Reading one you mentioned.

Guest Stevie

The one at Everton was with his right foot, also scored with his right against Birmingham and Zulte Waregem as well as the Reading one you mentioned.

I knew his pen at Everton was with his left, here ye are Greg.

Anyone still wondering why we sold Faye to Stoke and bought 'wow signing' Coloccini for 12 million? Dependable big centre-back who can head the ball and use his upper body strength, swapped for that pathetic fettuccini-headed clown who can't jump, can't tackle, can't run...all at a cost of 10.5 million pounds.

Ashley's invested so little in the transfer market, and to make it worse, what little he has spent has almost exclusively been totally wasted.

I never understood why Faye was allowed to leave. And I've never watched a match and thought that Colloccini had a stormer. He's one of the most over-rated players we have IMO.

I think he's a canny sweeper but he's not particularly well-suited to playing in the PL. We payed way over the odds for him as well on the evidence so far.

I really now believe that our relegation to the Championship is pretty much confirmed. For the first time, once Nasri scored I actually felt like bursting into tears, it was typical really, we created enough chances to win the game, however per usual we where put to the sword.

Harper (6): Had a decent game, a great save to deny Van Persie. However, he lacks a certain urgency, to quickly throw a ball out to the wingers to create a counter-attack, something we relied upon when Shay was between the posts.

Enrique (6): He's no longer a nervous wreck and is beginning to deal with the pressure. He had one shakey moment, when there was a high ball and he was the last man back and failed to header it away, and instead air-kicked.

Bassong(7): Composed as usual. The only positive i can find from this declining and abysmal season and if he's seriously injured then all hope for PL survival is gone.

S.Taylor(9) Saviour. Two heroic blocks which stopped Arsenal from converting two clear-cut chances. A shame he went off injured, considering it was his position which left a gap, which allowed Diaby to score.

Colocinni(5): His 'ghost-tackle' sums him up really. Really is beginning to become Boumsong's successor.

Beye(6): Played well enough considering, he's been out of action for ages. A relief to have him back tbh.

R.Taylor(4): Poor. He can only seem to cross and even then he wasn't up to scratch. Was furious with the decision to play him instead of Jonas on the wing, at least Jonas can take players on, Taylor however is just a reality-check really and having to come to terms with the type of players we attract nowadays.

Duff(5): Seemed to just run out of postion most of the time, same old.

Nolan(5): Dissapeared and can barely remember him do anything.

Butt(6): Some good sliding tackles however just lets himself down with his stray passing.

Martins(7): It was obvious he was going to miss, he made it blatant that he would struck it to the right.However, he was our only real threat tbh. He linked up well with Lovenpants.

Lovenkrands(6): Showed his pace, and as stated before linked up well with Oba.

Owen(5): Ineffective, and IMO, wont save our season.

I also was in disbelief at our support last night, absoultely outraged at the booing of Ameobi. Generally disgusted and couldn't believe it, honestly really upset and angered at the supports reaction to Ameobi coming on. My mate was pratically screaming at people around him to stop booing, whilst I sat their in utter embarrassment, I didn''t believe we had sanked that low.

Suicidal :(

At least we played quite well. Beating Arsenal was never going to be the be all and end all, but we need to beat the other struggling teams when we play them, pick up a couple of draws elsewhere, close your eyes and hope that that's enough. I'm also keeping a keen eye on the goal differences and hoping a narrow defeat at Villa Park on the final day might keep us up.

I never understood why Faye was allowed to leave. And I've never watched a match and thought that Colloccini had a stormer. He's one of the most over-rated players we have IMO.

I agree......bar his debut he's been awful. Cannot jump, cannot head the ball, has no pace, positionally very poor, and seems to get pushed off the ball way too easily. I'm sure I've forgotten something....

We are pretty much down - the loss against Arsenal didn't confirm this as much as the Hull game and most importantly the games around us.

Hull was a must win game. I think what hurt so much about the Arsenal game was how badly we feel apart. First half was full of promise. The last 20 mins was dire.

Edited by duo

I've been away from a computer for the last few days, so this may have already been mentioned elsewhere ...

Just to say that it was heartbreaking to see Sir Bobby looking so sad, watching his beloved team falling apart when the great man himself is fighting so hard to stay alive.

Sadly, I believe both the team and the man will lose their fights.

:(