Official Jimbo's TV Confirmation: Alan Shearer: Manager of Newcastle United

Jimbo

Sven's just been sacked by Mexico, so if Shearer does fuck off, let's get the Swede in!

I can't believe Shearer has taken this on for only 8 games though. It makes fuck all sense.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7978436.stm

I think we (the fans) have got a job on our hands persuading him to stay on.... I think it's down to him, if he wants it, it'll happen - the club aren't the decision makers here...

I hope to fuck your tongue is firmly in cheek there.

The feeling I get from the conference and the fact Shearer wouldn't say anything other than he's been brought in for 'Eight games only', and it's down to the club as to which direction they want to go is that Ashley will revise the situation at the end of the season. What would have been the point of edging Wise out if Al wasn't being considered to stay on? Kinnear seemed happy enough to work under the poison dwarf.

... that's what I'm hoping anyways, though could Ashley upset the fans twice over by ditching one legend and not trying to hang on to a second? :lol:

Sven's just been sacked by Mexico, so if Shearer does fuck off, let's get the Swede in!

I can't believe Shearer has taken this on for only 8 games though. It makes fuck all sense.

Despite the wind and piss about 5 year plans I think they make it up as they go along. As much as it pains me, I honestly believe they think Kinnear is good enough despite all evidence to the contrary. And to the extent Shearer leaves and Kinnear is unable to continue, I expect there'll be no back up plan whatsoever and we'll start from scratch, probably wasting the entire pre-season in the process.

Shearer, for now, is only here for the next eight games.

If we stay up the situation will be discussed. Plans on spending and a new manager can ONLY be done after our future is certain.

We have Kinnear lying on a chaise longue popping pills like there's no tomorrow. Announcing to one and all that he's no longer manager (now, or later) would've been a PR gaff of the highest order imo - probably the worst 'they' could have done in all their gaffs.

Due to the above FACTS!, it is completely unrealistic to have any announcement of Shearer staying any longer.

Already questioning Shearer's judgement and we havent even kicked a ball under him :lol:

I think we should all stop speculating about next season tbh, it's the last thing we should be worrying about. We have 8 games to avoid the unthinkable and nothing should distract us from staying up, it can wait.

Once the season is over, and we are *hopefully* still in the Premier League, then we can all see how best to move forward. Shearer may hate management, he may love it, he may be good at it, he may be shit at it, other managers may be available, there may be a new owner etc etc....

I think we should all stop speculating about next season tbh, it's the last thing we should be worrying about. We have 8 games to avoid the unthinkable and nothing should distract us from staying up, it can wait.

Once the season is over, and we are *hopefully* still in the Premier League, then we can all see how best to move forward. Shearer may hate management, he may love it, he may be good at it, he may be shit at it, other managers may be available, there may be a new owner etc etc....

:lol:

Staying up is far from certain now, possibly even if Shearer does relatively well.

Next season is best left as that for the moment.

Will you all just calm doon? :razz:

Is your avatar a John Lennon painting he did at school btw?

Cover of The Walls and Bridges iirc? But aye it is a painting he done as a bairn.

I see one paper reckons Shearer's banned players from drinking in town for the rest of the season :lol:

Get them telt Alan - hope it includes Jesmond as well or it'll not have much impact. Sweepstake on the first transgressor? I'll have Oba :razz:

I'm brut-Al

ALAN SHEARER has laid down the law at Newcastle.

The Tyneside legend was hailed yesterday as the man to save the club because he has the ‘cojones’.

And new boss Shearer proved it by hitting his players with a series of strict rules. He:

# BANNED all nights out on the Toon after games.

# TOLD his squad they must stay behind after training and eat lunch together as a team.

# CHALLENGED anyone to say if they do not like the new regime — and said they can go if they are unhappy.

A Toon insider revealed to SunSport: “It is Alan Shearer’s way or no way.

“He has come in and everyone quickly realised he would not take any nonsense.

“Previously there was no real camaraderie among the players. They would shower after training and go home as soon as they were changed.

Shearer arrives at Newcastle

“But Shearer is trying to foster a team spirit quickly. The players are not angry about it. This sort of discipline is what they want.

“It is clear if you cross Shearer you will be in trouble. But no one is about to do that.

“If Newcastle stay up, missing out on a beer on a Saturday night will be a small price to pay. He knows where they go.”

The Toon hero was unveiled as the Geordies’ fourth boss this term and has eight games to keep them up.

New No 2 Iain Dowie said: “It’s a mark of Alan that he took the job. There’s a Mexican saying ‘he has shown big cojones’ to take charge.”

Shearer insists he will run the show for the remaining eight Premier League games only.

He said: “I don’t think it would be hard to walk away. That’s the plan.”

Managing director Derek Llambias reckons Joe Kinnear will be back next season, as he continues to recover from a triple heart bypass.

Llambias said: “It’s important he concentrates on making a full recovery before his return in the summer as our manager.”

It was a total shambles under Kinnear apparently. Much more like it.

It again begs the question why the fuck do they seem to think bringing him back is a good idea.

It again begs the question why the fuck do they seem to think bringing him back is a good idea.

Hopefully it's just a case of not wanting to raise expectations for next season. That said, the people in charge are clearly clueless so fuck knows.

Edited by alex

The Crazy Gang won the FA cup.

Being pissed up 5 days in 7 must be the recepie for success.

At least now we have something to believe in, however temporary it may be :lol:

I think that's the key - it may still end in tears but at least they've done something.

Will you all just calm doon? :razz:

Is your avatar a John Lennon painting he did at school btw?

Cover of The Walls and Bridges iirc? But aye it is a painting he done as a bairn.

Yep Alex, that's the one. I hadn't realised he'd painted a Newcastle strip. Same with the Grange Hill avatar I had once. Black and White is the official colour of a football strip in the subconscious of the genius mind. :razz: