• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Testing.

Edit: I can still post.

Surprising.

Should have been 4-1 tbh.

We were shit but you still failed to kill the game off, no complaints here about the final result though, we are terrible.

Looked to me as though Bassong should have walked early doors too. Looked like a foul on Bent to me.

We need to take our chances.

Poor Old Shearer got a bit of clog off the fans today.

He looked a broken man come full time.

I have never seen such a lack of effort from a bottom three team.

You would know all about that after the hidings you've suffered on here this week :nufc:

You would know all about that after the hidings you've suffered on here this week :nufc:

I guess its subjective.

Today's result changes nothing. A win against Pompey is imperative - we all know that. Who reckons we can't beat them????? Anyone????

I can't see us winning another game this season. We have lost the ability to win football matches. We're fucked.

Can't understand how we are expected to win 3 home games in a row when we've only won 4 all season.

Fucked.

Really? Is that all you have won? :nufc:

Edited by Danny B

Can't understand how we are expected to win 3 home games in a row when we've only won 4 all season.

Fucked.

Really? Is that all you have won? :nufc:

Aye. We've had as many managers as we've had home wins this season. Tells you all you need to know about the current regime tbh.

Today's result changes nothing. A win against Pompey is imperative - we all know that. Who reckons we can't beat them????? Anyone????

I can't see us winning another game this season. We have lost the ability to win football matches. We're fucked.

Fair enough. I was predicting relegation before Christmas, but I still think we can beat Pompey and Boro. Beat them two, and there's a chance that some momentum may be gained for the Fulham game. Until it's mathematically certain, we cannot afford to throw the towel in.

I think we've had it, and have for a long time now. However I haven't given up hoping, and won't till it's mathematically certain we're down.

That's what has been so hard to get behind these past couple of games- it isn't like the team is out there working hard, doing whatever it takes, sacrificing anything to stay up, going down guns blazing. We look lazy and undisciplined.

Sad. If I didn't know better, I'd say the majority of the players on these team want out of their contracts so desperately, they're willing to tank. Seems like they can't be arsed.

Jesus Christ, I've never met a more pesimistic bunch than the majority of fellow Newcastle United fans. Spurs beat us by one goal, one goal. We should have had a pen but didn't. I accept we may go down but we're not there yet - Spurs away was always likely to be a loss and the fact it could have gone either way during the course of the match even considering our current state I'm still not giving up yet. I swear some of you seem to revel in being bloody miserable :nufc:

Jesus Christ, I've never met a more pesimistic bunch than the majority of fellow Newcastle United fans. Spurs beat us by one goal, one goal. We should have had a pen but didn't. I accept we may go down but we're not there yet - Spurs away was always likely to be a loss and the fact it could have gone either way during the course of the match even considering our current state I'm still not giving up yet. I swear some of you seem to revel in being bloody miserable :nufc:

No offence AP but we should have been out of sight by half time.

No offence AP but we should have been out of sight by half time.

You see I never agree with that sort of arguement, anyone can say should've been, fact is you weren't. For whatever reason you weren't which means somewhere down the line either our guys did their job or your guys didn't - if our guys did then they've performed better than people give them credit for, if your lot didn't then you can't say they 'should have'.

In fairness we've had quite a bit of bad luck on the pitch this season, the problem is that's often part of what gets a team relegated.

1-0 was a fair reflection of the game I thought. While they had a decent amount of possession I don't think they were hard-done by the final score.

and If you ask me Shearer looked his normal bullish self after the final whistle Danny, so I've no idea where you get the idea that he's a broken man.

my match report:

We were cock and on this and most other displays I have seen pretty much deserve to go down.

We improved slightly with Duke and Overbar-ry Martins. But Oba remains an enigma, he bounces about like tigger with many sublime touches and the instant he has a chance to shoot he does, which is a great quality, however he repeatedly lashes it into Van Allen's belt.

But, we are essentially gash and I now think if we dont go down it will be a bloody miracle.

Stewards were the biggest nazis I have encountered at a football game.

I spent before and after the game in the Bell and Hare, spurs fans were good crack really and those who noticed I was not one of them were all decent to me. Some of their songs about Wenger were mildly amusing...

"He shoots, he cums, all over Wenger's bum, Theo Walcott Theo Walcott."

In summary though, we are royally fucked lads. See you at Crystal Palace.

Edited by trophyshy

We look nowt like a team up for the scrap. I hoped Shearer could instill a fighting spirit, but we still look defeated well before going behind. And it's not like Stoke and Spurs should be write offs. If that's the attitude we deserve to go down.

I reckon all this getting behind the team come what may has been counter productive. Seems to me the players know they won't be blamed and that Ashley will take the rap for this season come what may. Another performance like that and I'd boo the shit out of them. They need a fucking rocket up their arse.

We look nowt like a team up for the scrap. I hoped Shearer could instill a fighting spirit, but we still look defeated well before going behind. And it's not like Stoke and Spurs should be write offs. If that's the attitude we deserve to go down.

I reckon all this getting behind the team come what may has been counter productive. Seems to me the players know they won't be blamed and that Ashley will take the rap for this season come what may. Another performance like that and I'd boo the shit out of them. They need a fucking rocket up their arse.

But you're being exactly the same. We have to keep belief as supporters. Those Liverpool fans who left at half time in Istanbul will NEVER forgive themselves for missing the most amazing 2nd half of football they would have ever seen.

WE ARE NOT DOWN YET.

ALL the other teams around us are in this too. They are ALSO shite! We all have to play each other at some point too so even as shit as we are, we only have to be better than 2 of 4 or 5 shit teams. It's sad that it's come to this but if we can finish 17th we will live to fight another day.

Edited by Asprilla

But you're being exactly the same. We have to keep belief as supporters. Those Liverpool fans who left at half time in Istanbul will NEVER forgive themselves for missing the most amazing 2nd half of football they would have ever seen.

WE ARE NOT DOWN YET.

ALL the other teams around us are in this too. They are ALSO shite! We all have to play each other at some point too so even as shit as we are, we only have to be better than 2 of 4 or 5 shit teams. It's sad that it's come to this but if we can finish 17th we will live to fight another day.

I'm still getting pissed and singing the same as ever like.

We were absolute gash yesterday, Although Spurs may not have created a lot of clear cut chances they were always dangerous, passed the ball about superbly and ALWAYS looked a threat, We were a shamble, Didn't really look like scoring and even if the Martins goal would have counted, 1-1 wouldn't have been a fair result.

Nicky Butt and Ryan Taylor were fucking appauling