Official match thread. Tottenham Hotspur - Newcastle United

tommo

I'm guessing you chaps aren't too pleased.

Martins looks good though, on the upside.

As long as he's got a hole in his arse, he'll never be a good player.

Also, that performance today was by one of the worst three teams in the league. Fully deserve the drop tbh

He created more chances in 30mins than the rest of the first XI put together did over 90mins.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the result but the performance which has finally eradicated any hope I had we would stay up.

THIS.

We've won 6 matches from 33. Somehow we're supposed to believe that we're now going to go on to win three out of 5?

We can still stay up tbf. Martins and Viduka are two positives.

Even IF we win our home games and it's a BIG if, we still have to rely on other teams not picking up points. We need a miracle.

Shame, it should have been 1-1 but either way we weren't thrashed

:nufc:

If that's not blind optimism, I don't know what is.... Spurs were at canter man and still beat us easily...

It's not the result but the performance which has finally eradicated any hope I had we would stay up.

THIS.

We've won 6 matches from 33. Somehow we're supposed to believe that we're now going to go on to win three out of 5?

The first two home games are very winnable. Fulham is not impossible. Villa will have nothing to play for. I personally can't see Hull or Boro getting more than 3 points from their games, if I'm generous. We still have a good chance imo.

Shearer did all he could today as a manager, I'm finally convinced that newcastle will go down.

This wont be popular but what the fuck. If picking that team and making those subs is the best Shearer can do then we are fucked.

So what would you have done then?

much better 2nd half. Home games are where we were always going to have to get the points. Good to see Viduka and Martins back on the pitch, hopefully the next few games will see them starting.

Shearer did all he could today as a manager, I'm finally convinced that newcastle will go down.

This wont be popular but what the fuck. If picking that team and making those subs is the best Shearer can do then we are fucked.

I would not have picked Butt or left him on the pitch.

Or introduced Alan Fucking Smith.

Putting Martins and Viduka on changed the game. 90 minutes of them on the pitch and I think we could've had a draw. It's still not hopeless. Portsmouth aren't a good side as evidenced by how we thumped them last time with essentially the same team and we can beat them again.

However Shearer needs to do to R. Taylor what he did to Coloccini - leave him out the squad. Liability. Butt is the same way.

Harper

Beye/S. Taylor/Bassong/Enrique

Jonas Guthrie Duff

Owen

Martins Viduka

...there's still hope.

Hopefully Enrique is back for Portsmouth. Then there is no reason for not playing a back four. Butt should be shot yet I'd put money down that he will start the next match.

much better 2nd half. Home games are where we were always going to have to get the points. Good to see Viduka and Martins back on the pitch, hopefully the next few games will see them starting.

reverting back to the Owen, Viduka, Martins combination was the right thing to do aside of Carrols performance last week, this is the best combination we have, in fact its the only combination.

If we don't win next monday night, we are going down.

He's pretty short on quality options in the centre of the field. Taylor/Smith was a forced sub. Bringing on Martins and Viduka for Caroll and Nolan was exactly what I was hoping for and brought about instant improvement. I've got no complaints about Shearer today. Looking at Spurs recent home record, anybody who thinks we were likely to get a point even is deluded.

We lost 1-0 away to a pretty decent Spurs side. I'm not happy about it, but it's hardly the worst result we've ever had.

We are in the mix with the other sides around us. Until we're mathematically down we can't let our heads down. Come on you fucking pussies, don't give up yet. :nufc:

We lost 1-0 away to a pretty decent Spurs side. I'm not happy about it, but it's hardly the worst result we've ever had.

We are in the mix with the other sides around us. Until we're mathematically down we can't let our heads down. Come on you fucking pussies, don't give up yet. :nufc:

Absolutely. Where would this negative attitude have got us in 91? Look what Fulham and West Ham have done in recent seasons. We're staying up!* :wacko:

* I'm entitled to change my position come next Monday.

reverting back to the Owen, Viduka, Martins combination was the right thing to do aside of Carrols performance last week, this is the best combination we have, in fact its the only combination.

If we don't win next monday night, we are going down.

This.

Defeat today is never going to be the thing that drops us, we showed in the second half that we have something to fight for and I would say three wins will be enough. I'm not convinced we will get those three wins but today hasn't changed anything.