Newcastle - Liverpool.. official match thread

tommo

What the fuck is it with all these scandinavians that support Liverpool btw? My hotel was full of the fuckers dressed in the worst merchandise I've ever seen, I was worried a stray static electricity spark might take the whole building out. There were loads of irish and cockney accents too, glory hunting twats. Once again the atmosphere at Anfield sounded pitiful from where I was too, I'd be interested in Craig's perspective on this.

It was quiet. But they're basically out of the running for the league* and had the game won after 30 minutes. They hardly had much to take the roof off for.

*Though I'd love to see Man City and Arsenal fuck over Man U. :D

Imagine we were in their position and taking the piss out of them on the pitch though? The Gallowgate roof would be found on the other side of the world. I find their support to be utterly shit considering how good they are to watch nowadays. The strange thing is the local ones are sound to talk to, but why aren't there more of them? Surely they should easily sell out their STs for instance?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck is it with all these scandinavians that support Liverpool btw? My hotel was full of the fuckers dressed in the worst merchandise I've ever seen, I was worried a stray static electricity spark might take the whole building out. There were loads of irish and cockney accents too, glory hunting twats. Once again the atmosphere at Anfield sounded pitiful from where I was too, I'd be interested in Craig's perspective on this.

It was quiet. But they're basically out of the running for the league* and had the game won after 30 minutes. They hardly had much to take the roof off for.

*Though I'd love to see Man City and Arsenal fuck over Man U. ;)

Imagine we were in their position and taking the piss out of them on the pitch though? The Gallowgate roof would be found on the other side of the world. I find their support to be utterly shit considering how good they are to watch nowadays. The strange thing is the local ones are sound to talk to, but why aren't there more of them? Surely they should easily sell out their STs for instance?

Well....not the Gallowgate.....but the Leazes, aye. :D

The atmosphere was shite tbh. Even during YNWA they were drowned out by our fans. The only time they got vocal was when Barton was sent off and that was only down to the fact he was shaking his head and applauding the fans.

From the Victimpool Echo, can anyone believe the irony? No wonder people hate the cunts

Sebastien Bassong – the latest in a long line of hapless Newcastle defenders – headed a clearance straight to Steven Gerrard.

After the Reds skipper fizzed a shot narrowly wide, the defender was patted sympathetically on the shoulder by keeper Steve Harper.

Seconds later Fabio Aurelio sliced a clearance into touch.

It hardly posed a similar level of danger, but the Brazilian's ears were left burning by a Carragher broadside.

Liverpool were embarrassingly in control all afternoon.

It was almost as if Newcastle had accepted their most realistic route to safety lay in home games with Middlesbrough and Fulham, not in a testing assignment at a motivated Liverpool.

Which is an insult to the self-proclaimed best supporters in the world.

The truth or otherwise of that oft-quoted statement could be put to the test next season.

Manchester City, Leeds and Wolves have all attracted enormous gates in the lower leagues.

Newcastle may soon get the chance to show they can improve on the 21,125 who watched the Magpies lose to Tranmere Rovers at St James' Park when Alan Shearer was still a Blackburn striker.

That was in the formative years of the brand new Premier League before King Kevin began to wave his magic wand around St James Park and before black and white stripes became the mandatory matchday uniform for your average Geordie.

He was still a Southampton player the stupid cunts, that was 91/92 when we were 23rd in Division Two, they were getting 33,000 under Houllier in the Premiership. Fucking scouse cunts, I honestly hate them.

ps Man City, Wolves, and Leeds huge gates in the lower leagues??? All lower than us in either of 1984 or 1993 in a lower league. Fucking idiots.

What a sad, bitter man you are. bet your a right barrel of laughs. Face it mate, we outclass you more or less every single time we play you lot, and no matter how hard you try we are by far a bigger club than you, with ten times the amount of fans nationally and 100 times the amount of fans worldwide than you. you say we don't have as big a local fanbase as you lot? well done einstein, considering were a two team city - three if your counting Tranmere - and considering there is not much difference in populations of the two cities and surrounding areas, then its hardly surprising.

And know this, its Newcastle fans like you who are giving the fans a bad name, with your spurious facts about attendances (interestingly what have been your cup attendances in the last few seasons?) and claiming your this massive club, when in reality you've just got a big ground, big clubs win trophies mate.

From the Victimpool Echo, can anyone believe the irony? No wonder people hate the cunts

Sebastien Bassong – the latest in a long line of hapless Newcastle defenders – headed a clearance straight to Steven Gerrard.

After the Reds skipper fizzed a shot narrowly wide, the defender was patted sympathetically on the shoulder by keeper Steve Harper.

It hardly posed a similar level of danger, but the Brazilian's ears were left burning by a Carragher broadside.

It was almost as if Newcastle had accepted their most realistic route to safety lay in home games with Middlesbrough and Fulham, not in a testing assignment at a motivated Liverpool.

The truth or otherwise of that oft-quoted statement could be put to the test next season.

Manchester City, Leeds and Wolves have all attracted enormous gates in the lower leagues.

Newcastle may soon get the chance to show they can improve on the 21,125 who watched the Magpies lose to Tranmere Rovers at St James' Park when Alan Shearer was still a Blackburn striker.

That was in the formative years of the brand new Premier League before King Kevin began to wave his magic wand around St James Park and before black and white stripes became the mandatory matchday uniform for your average Geordie.

He was still a Southampton player the stupid cunts, that was 91/92 when we were 23rd in Division Two, they were getting 33,000 under Houllier in the Premiership. Fucking scouse cunts, I honestly hate them.

ps Man City, Wolves, and Leeds huge gates in the lower leagues??? All lower than us in either of 1984 or 1993 in a lower league. Fucking idiots.

What a sad, bitter man you are. bet your a right barrel of laughs. Face it mate, we outclass you more or less every single time we play you lot, and no matter how hard you try we are by far a bigger club than you, with ten times the amount of fans nationally and 100 times the amount of fans worldwide than you. you say we don't have as big a local fanbase as you lot? well done einstein, considering were a two team city - three if your counting Tranmere - and considering there is not much difference in populations of the two cities and surrounding areas, then its hardly surprising.

And know this, its Newcastle fans like you who are giving the fans a bad name, with your spurious facts about attendances (interestingly what have been your cup attendances in the last few seasons?) and claiming your this massive club, when in reality you've just got a big ground, big clubs win trophies mate.

To be fair, it was the shite newspaper article that brought up the attendance argument. Stevie was just pointing out the mistakes... with added personally opinion obviously :D

Aye not much of a difference like

London 7.2 Million

Birmingham 992000

Leeds 720000

Glasgow 560000

Sheffield 512000

Bradford 467000

Edinburgh 450000

Liverpool 440000

Manchester 420000

Bristol 380000

Wakefield 316000

Cardiff 310000

Coventry 305000

Nottingham 285000

Leicester 280000

Sunderland 280000

Belfast 280000

Newcastle upon Tyne 259000

Brighton 248000

Hull 240000

Plymouth 240000

http://www.ukcities.co.uk/populations/

Minutes silence please.

psamparaa4.jpg

I swear I could see him on Sunday, badges glistening in the sun. If it wasn't him it was another daft fucker (I'm sure there's more than one). Sat close to the Newcastle fans to the right as we faced the pitch.

Guest Stevie

I've never claimed we're a massive club, just your support is wank, which it is. We have just as many if not more people willing and able to go to watch Newcastle than you do, you can't sell out midweek as your support is 40% local, 60% glory hunter. When you were struggling to 35,000 under Houllier and below us in the league we had 52,000 every week and 20,000 and a waiting list, now we're down to a hardcore of 48,000 watching dismal shite. If this was you you wouldn't get 25,000 and you know it. If you include glory hunting wanks sitting watching their TV's who have never been to Anfield or even Merseyside, your national support would be 3 to 4 times bigger than ours, your real support is without question no bigger. That's getting off my main point though, which is scousers are cunts, and I think it's hard to argue with that. As for you being a two team city. Merseyside has a population of 1.5m and Tyne&Wear has a pop of 1.1m, you have Liverpool (who get smaller attendances than us), and Everton (who get smaller attendances than Sunderland) so your pathetic argument about one club city again our survey says NUR NURRRRRRRRRRRR.

That's getting off my main point though, which is scousers are cunts, and I think it's hard to argue with that.

We should have a Gold section just for Stevie stuff like this.

I've never claimed we're a massive club, just your support is wank, which it is. We have just as many if not more people willing and able to go to watch Newcastle than you do, you can't sell out midweek as your support is 40% local, 60% glory hunter. When you were struggling to 35,000 under Houllier and below us in the league we had 52,000 every week and 20,000 and a waiting list, now we're down to a hardcore of 48,000 watching dismal shite. If this was you you wouldn't get 25,000 and you know it. If you include glory hunting wanks sitting watching their TV's who have never been to Anfield or even Merseyside, your national support would be 3 to 4 times bigger than ours, your real support is without question no bigger. That's getting off my main point though, which is scousers are cunts, and I think it's hard to argue with that. As for you being a two team city. Merseyside has a population of 1.5m and Tyne&Wear has a pop of 1.1m, you have Liverpool (who get smaller attendances than us), and Everton (who get smaller attendances than Sunderland) so your pathetic argument about one club city again our survey says NUR NURRRRRRRRRRRR.

Have Liverpool ever had an average attendance below 30'000? Can't be bothered to check but I don't think so. Have Newcastle? Can't be bothered to check but I think so. You mention waiting lists I see. Ours is currently well over 20'000, while up in Newcastle over a third are not renewing their season tickets next year (although i hear some have been duped into buying 3 year season tickets - is that right?) You mention 48'000 hardcore, now hardcore fans go to watch their team through thick and thin, so i'm assuming you expect 48'000 to turn up every home game next year, which ain't going to happen in the championship. we'll see I suppose. but to be honest when you think of a Newcastle crowd these days, you think of booing during games and failure to recreate the atmosphere which once, quite rightly was up there with the best, you also think of the free flags and scarves, and a fat opera singer being brought in to inspire the lifeless crowd, You will never ever see that type of thing happen at Anfield.

Whilst when you think of a Liverpool crowd you think of you think of the european nights, and the wall of noise only matched by Celtic in Britain, in my opinion. this is backed up by some opposition players who have played against us recently:

Andrei Arshavin

"It was a good performance by both teams and I said after the game that it was typical English football, with a high tempo, good skill, good chances and an amazing atmosphere at Anfield."

“I must say that with the crowd there, it’s like you’re 11 men playing against one big family.

“It’s not like their supporters have just come to watch the team, it’s as if you are playing them as well!”

Joe Cole also said that the Chelsea players were affected by the anfield crowd in 2005, while he was doing punditry before this years quarter final.

Across Europe we are renowned for having some of the most passionate fans, and it is this that I think annoys you, because you come to Anfield and we are nowhere near as noisy, that is true when teams like Newcastle, Hull, Bolton, West Brom and the likes come to Anfield the atmosphere is mild at best, but when its a big game and there is a lot riding on it and the players need a good support behind them, the atmosphere is always electric and even you can't deny that because it is fact. You can't say the same for the toon army.

PS we have never struggled to 35'000, think that Portsmouth game was a one off for Premiership games, and corerect me if I'm wrong but we've never had an average attendance below 40'000 in the premiership.

Anways am sure you'll pluck some random figure out that makes one of your disciples come out and say 'you've been Stevie'd' so I'll bump this thread some time next season and see what your having to say for yourself when your hardcore crowd is revealed to be a lot smaller than 48'000 in the chamionship.

corerect me if I'm wrong but we've never had an average attendance below 40'000 in the premiership.

You're wrong.

3 or 4 times.

:o

Plus I just skim read that.

What a pile of shit a lot of that is :lol:

''magical European nights'' say the television.

'' ...............................................'' says the crowd :D

Guest Stevie
Have Liverpool ever had an average attendance below 30'000? Can't be bothered to check but I don't think so. Have Newcastle? Can't be bothered to check but I think so. You mention waiting lists I see. Ours is currently well over 20'000, while up in Newcastle over a third are not renewing their season tickets next year (although i hear some have been duped into buying 3 year season tickets - is that right?) You mention 48'000 hardcore, now hardcore fans go to watch their team through thick and thin, so i'm assuming you expect 48'000 to turn up every home game next year, which ain't going to happen in the championship. we'll see I suppose. but to be honest when you think of a Newcastle crowd these days, you think of booing during games and failure to recreate the atmosphere which once, quite rightly was up there with the best, you also think of the free flags and scarves, and a fat opera singer being brought in to inspire the lifeless crowd, You will never ever see that type of thing happen at Anfield.

Whilst when you think of a Liverpool crowd you think of you think of the european nights, and the wall of noise only matched by Celtic in Britain, in my opinion. this is backed up by some opposition players who have played against us recently:

Andrei Arshavin

"It was a good performance by both teams and I said after the game that it was typical English football, with a high tempo, good skill, good chances and an amazing atmosphere at Anfield."

“I must say that with the crowd there, it’s like you’re 11 men playing against one big family.

“It’s not like their supporters have just come to watch the team, it’s as if you are playing them as well!”

Joe Cole also said that the Chelsea players were affected by the anfield crowd in 2005, while he was doing punditry before this years quarter final.

Across Europe we are renowned for having some of the most passionate fans, and it is this that I think annoys you, because you come to Anfield and we are nowhere near as noisy, that is true when teams like Newcastle, Hull, Bolton, West Brom and the likes come to Anfield the atmosphere is mild at best, but when its a big game and there is a lot riding on it and the players need a good support behind them, the atmosphere is always electric and even you can't deny that because it is fact. You can't say the same for the toon army.

PS we have never struggled to 35'000, think that Portsmouth game was a one off for Premiership games, and corerect me if I'm wrong but we've never had an average attendance below 40'000 in the premiership.

Anways am sure you'll pluck some random figure out that makes one of your disciples come out and say 'you've been Stevie'd' so I'll bump this thread some time next season and see what your having to say for yourself when your hardcore crowd is revealed to be a lot smaller than 48'000 in the chamionship.

Everyone knows you're scum, and a totally shit support, a comment off a Russian doesn't change that. I could list over 100 comments that have been made about Newcastle fans down the years, the best ones are from Liverpool men, who ALWAYS compare us favourably with you. The best one was Hansen I think who on our return to the Premiership thought we'd go down, his opening comment and I remember it vividly was "If trophies were given out for supporters Newcastle would win the league, fa cup, league cup and european cup, but it isn't. Comparing your support to ours :lol: you total fucking mug. There's no way on earth I could look down my nose at scousers and your support anymore than I do. I like this comment you make "Across Europe we are renowned for having some of the most passionate fans, and it is this that I think annoys you", I think on the contrary the reputation of Newcastle fans not just in the last 5 years, over our history, is the one thing that makes the club stand out. Without our support Newcastle are nothing, Liverpool are just a soulless glory hunted corporation these days, there's a book called "The Kop" by Stephen F Kelly, and they are his words not mine.

Liverpool are just a soulless glory hunted corporation these days

Couldn't you argue the same about other successful English football clubs?

Guest Stevie
Liverpool are just a soulless glory hunted corporation these days

Couldn't you argue the same about other successful English football clubs?

I think Man Utd are more than that.

Never been to one of these mythical European nights there but the atmosphere is shit in the league and that's a fact. Worse than Old Trafford. Worse than Highfield used to be even. Probably even worse than Stamford Bridge. Oh and not a patch even on Goodison. This is coming from someone that actually quite likes Liverpool the club and city too, so I've absolutely no bitterness to be biased about. More than any club, Liverpool FC has been destroyed by glory hunters, but in a way that's just a measure of their success I guess.

Guest Stevie
Could you say why?

60,000 local fans watching the side every week, one of the best away supports in world football, a strong British heart through the whole club.

Andrei Arshavin

It's dickheads like you who give the scousers a bad name. The decent ones out there don't feel the need to come onto another team's forum and start playing they we're 'mightier than thou' card. They're well aware of the great position they're in.

I sat amongst a sound bunch of Liverpool fans on Saturday who were quick to point out how passionate our travelling support was and that there'd not been a crowd anywhere like that all season. They also doubted that if Liverpool were in the same position we're in, whether they'd fill the away end of a stadium where there was little chance of getting anything.

You don't think we'd fill the ground in the championship? Well I hope we don't have to prove it but I very much think you're wrong. We've been there in the last 20 years and I seem to recall (McKeag boycott at the 1st match aside) our attendances were pretty much the same as they had been in division one. Given the fact you've not been in that position for over 50 years, how can you even begin to comment on how Liverpool fans would react?

:lol:

Guest Stevie
Never been to one of these mythical European nights there but the atmosphere is shit in the league and that's a fact. Worse than Old Trafford. Worse than Highfield used to be even. Probably even worse than Stamford Bridge. Oh and not a patch even on Goodison. This is coming from someone that actually quite likes Liverpool the club and city too, so I've absolutely no bitterness to be biased about. More than any club, Liverpool FC has been destroyed by glory hunters, but in a way that's just a measure of their success I guess.

Absolutely correct. Their support was never as good as ours, but The Kop in the 70's was largely scouse and won them games.