Newcastle - Liverpool.. official match thread

tommo

I can't say I'm hurting too much today, I was expecting 6 or 7.

Yeah exactly. Obviously could have been better but ultimately damage has been limitationed! We still have the best goal difference of the bottom 4.

Will be devastating if Hull pick anything up tomorrow.

Game over if they do tbh.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad thing is that Barton is the only one who can pass the ball in our awful midfield properly - now we will have to stick with the likes of Butt, Smith & Co. until the end of the season.

I have the feeling that either Sunderland or Hull will get a win this weekend -

Edited by KingKev

Would have taken that before kick off and i thought the first 20 minutes we could take some positives from - shite defending scuppered us again and it should have been seven nowt by the end - thought barton was really good but he went into self destruct mode-again- nice to see the scousers afford the same level of respect to our team that was given to their lot up here - not

Here's the 'quality' from Barton:

'Toxic atmosphere' jibes in December 2007.

McDonald's assault.

Six months jail time.

Six-game ban with another six now likely to follow.

Quarrel with Agbonlahor.

Bollocking Enrique at Blackburn for no discernible reason.

Another injury and now a season-ending red after injuring Alonso.

33 appearances, 3 assists, 2 goals, 5.8 million. I'm sure I don't have to mention that he has made fewer appearances and contributed considerably less than Viduka who is regularly bemoaned as a fat lazy Aussie.

Thanks Fat Sam for burdening us with this animal.

The two in bold are a load of shite tbh.

If only we had kept Faye instead of buying Harpo fucking Marx.

Just think, Faye is responsible personally for 4 points against us in a Stoke shirt, and the countless points CoLOLoccini has cost us.

If only.....

Started brightly - frustrating as fuck because it showed that some of them can actually play. Typical offside Anfield goal followed by a second which made me think 6 or 7 so switched it off.

Switched back on just in time to see Barton's sending- off (and amazed it wast still 2) - thought it was harsh at first glance but replay proved stupidity - shame as he'd looked like making a difference. Also a shame that injuring one of their best players isn't going to affect their season.

Third one was offside but shit at the same time. I also decided I want to murder Craig Burley.

They were all off-side clearly if it wasn't for Nicky Butt (not that the linesman would have called it anyway).

Wonder if this Nacho guy might be near ready and give him a blast instead of Barton.

BTW Shearer just done a great interview.

Absolutely.

The one thing that used to piss me off with Robson was when he'd claim he was hurting even more than the fans after a loss. He may have felt like shit, I don't doubt that, but the fans aren't waking up every day on a million quid a year. I think I know what he was trying to say but I wish he'd have said what Shearer did today. I give him top marks for that and I really hope he stays on next year so we can start building for the future. If Mike/AN Other just do the simple things (!) ie back him and keep their noses out, I can really see Shearer driving our club forward and let's face it, we've pretty much run out of options.

Well that was sadly predictable, start off quite well, competing in the game and then some ludicrous defending, concede a goal and collapse!

It was offisde mind, so that is infuriating, but we gave the ball away and had 2 chances to clear it before the offside so its still shite defending as usual.

As for Barton, the guy is a fucking moron, he comes back and looks the part actually passing the ball around well with both feet, and gives you some hope that as he gets more fitness back he'll be a major player in the last 3 games and then he does that and not only risks the last 15 mins of this game seeing us concede a few but takes himself out of 2 or 3 games after that.

I thought Viduka was pretty much playing them on his own today after that early spell, he won his share of headers, he was holding it up well and causing them some problems, shame the linesmen kept penalising his for offside all the time whether he was or not. I'm pinning my hopes on him against the smogs, he's one of the few gifted players we have and he always looks to me like he'll score past his old club given half a chance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/m...day/8031745.stm

He just had the self awareness to not feel sorry for himself.

Thanks. That interview has made me feel nervous already for the next game. It'll all be happening vs Boro, all on the line, the lot. :)

Nee worries. Scary stuff I agree although as we've said, should Hull beat Stoke it'll only decide who finishes third bottom rather than second bottom. ;)

I don't feel for any single bloody cunt on the pitch, I just feel sorry for this club, its great supporters and Alan. He's such a great guy, he cares as much about this club as we do. Which can't be said of some players on the pitch who just stand and watch Liverpool creating chances.

I just hope he can inject the same kind of emotion into the players, sadly it seems too many just don't give a fuck.

Guest Stevie
Started brightly - frustrating as fuck because it showed that some of them can actually play. Typical offside Anfield goal followed by a second which made me think 6 or 7 so switched it off.

Switched back on just in time to see Barton's sending- off (and amazed it wast still 2) - thought it was harsh at first glance but replay proved stupidity - shame as he'd looked like making a difference. Also a shame that injuring one of their best players isn't going to affect their season.

Third one was offside but shit at the same time. I also decided I want to murder Craig Burley.

I'm not talking out of drink here, and I must stress I'm not a partcularly hard cunt, but I'm going to send him a letter offering him on for a square go. It would be a fair fight, he's 6ft2, and I'm 6ft2, he's broad, am broad, I honestly want to have at least a sit down with him, to tell him what a fuckin total jock cunt he really is. Nobody on telly winds me up more, and no one can tell me he isn't loving our current predicament. His voice gives me Timothy McVeigh like thoughts when he's talking about us.

Cunts. I'm not fuckin bothered I won £300 this weekend at the races and on football so fuck them they're not bringing me down, everything about it was predictable, from the home decision ref, to contencious decisions going against, to meekly surrendering once the first went in, to the wanks in the toon crowd singing shoes off, to the MURDERERS singin goin down, goin down.

Barton is nothing but a waste of time. I never got the hype about him when he was still at City and I hope to God he gets shipped out in the summer. Same goes for Smith.

I can't say I'm hurting too much today, I was expecting 6 or 7.

Yeah exactly. Obviously could have been better but ultimately damage has been limitationed! We still have the best goal difference of the bottom 4.

Will be devastating if Hull pick anything up tomorrow.

Yep. ;)