Joey Barton

smoggeordie

The club that gave him a chance two years ago to put his troubled past behind him and move on.

The club that stood by him despite him getting pissed up in the middle of his home town and beating some kid shitless.

The club that kept him on the books despite him doing time in prison.

The club that offered him the opportunity to be seen as the saviour of the season.

He's chucked it all back in their faces - no wonder they've had enough. As BO says, the sending off is bad. The spat with Shearer and obvious squealing to the tabloids in inexcusible. Enjoy playing for Cardiff, won't you Joey? ;)

How do you know that was Barton? :D

If it's not him, it's his agent. Either way the club needs ridding of both idiots.

That can't be true, he's represented by Willy Mc.. Oh

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like it might be a precursor to the club seeking to terminate Barton's contract. That statement by his agent could be read as Barton signalling he'll resist. Just what we need at the minute all this shite like :D

Guest alex
Just all fucking sad and typical of this season because he was better by a country mile than anyone else on our team and did look like he actually gave a shit.

Lets not get carried away. He wasn't anything special. Thought Viduka was at least as good, for example.

Just all fucking sad and typical of this season because he was better by a country mile than anyone else on our team and did look like he actually gave a shit.

The thing is he should really have viewed the game as a chance to get match fit, his big chance of redemption was playing a pivotal part in the next three games.

I've always thought he was a decent player, but he is clearly not going to learn his lessons.

We have to get shot, it's too poisonous to have a player like that in the club.

The club that gave him a chance two years ago to put his troubled past behind him and move on.

The club that stood by him despite him getting pissed up in the middle of his home town and beating some kid shitless.

The club that kept him on the books despite him doing time in prison.

The club that offered him the opportunity to be seen as the saviour of the season.

He's chucked it all back in their faces - no wonder they've had enough. As BO says, the sending off is bad. The spat with Shearer and obvious squealing to the tabloids in inexcusible. Enjoy playing for Cardiff, won't you Joey? ;)

How do you know that was Barton? :D

If it's not him, it's his agent. Either way the club needs ridding of both idiots.

You don't know that though. I don't see how they would benefit from this coming out at all.

It wasn't that bad a tackle (on the corner flag with no danger)

The kid provoked him (into punching the shit out of him)

The kid provoked him (into putting a cigar out in his eye)

Dabo tried to win the ball (what other action could be taken than punching his face in?)

The taxi driver wanted paying (so his taxi deserved to be smashed up)

Maybe once Barton is able to take responsibility for any of the shit he's constantly in, then he'll be to control it in future.

I was never in the ship him out brigade, but he's taken everything from this club and it's fans and given nothing back....so fuck him.

Craig the scouse sympathizer! I bet you had a shellsuit on at the match Hayton!

Fuck off Scott - trying to defend that cunt is ridiculous man. He's a fucking animal.

Quite what bringing the opposition into it is going to do I've no idea. If he'd done that against Sunderland I'd be saying exactly the same.

And as I've said elsewhere, I've no more sympathy for Martins. £10m striker? You've got to be kidding me - lazy arsed cunt.

Dabo tried to win the ball (what other action could be taken than punching his face in?)

Maybe once Barton is able to take responsibility for any of the shit he's constantly in, then he'll be to control it in future.

I was never in the ship him out brigade, but he's taken everything from this club and it's fans and given nothing back....so fuck him.

In a nutshell.

What irks me is that he's pointlessly got himself sent off and banned when we need him on the pitch. I think he's run out of second chances.

Fuck off Scott - trying to defend that cunt is ridiculous man. He's a fucking animal.

Quite what bringing the opposition into it is going to do I've no idea. If he'd done that against Sunderland I'd be saying exactly the same.

And as I've said elsewhere, I've no more sympathy for Martins. £10m striker? You've got to be kidding me - lazy arsed cunt.

Calm down, calm down. I think you've got scouse flu!

As for Martins, turns out yours truly was right all along about that useless twat. You should set up a sticky for people to apologize to me. :D

What irks me is that he's pointlessly got himself sent off and banned when we need him on the pitch. I think he's run out of second chances.

Not even sure what we need him on the pitch for.

2 goals in 2 years? Penalties at that.

Half as many appearances as alleged perma-crock Owen?

Guest alex

Hard to argue when you put it like that mind.

Calm down, calm down. I think you've got scouse flu!

As for Martins, turns out yours truly was right all along about that useless twat. You should set up a sticky for people to apologize to me. :D

I'm no fan of Martins but he is playing with an injury, that is clearly obvious.

Are you ready to apologise about Owen though? ;)

Always thought Craig was a bit of a Scouse Sympathiser.

Barton was always going to get sent off for something like that. But that's just it, Shearer had told him to keep his nose clean, so why, WHY did he lunge in so recklessly? Opposition players will try and get him booked, refs will be quick to book him, opposition fans will cry foul for every tackle. the only way he'll ever be able to play consistently is if he is a saint.

It's like going to Thailand. You've got to been on your guard 24 hours a day or you can end up in the shit.

I didn't think the tackle was that bad but his behaviour in the dressing room is totally unacceptable. Get rid.

He's been to prison, he's had plenty of counselling and support from Sporting Chance and ourselves and what good has it done him? He hasn't changed one bit. Fuck him.

Guest Hova
And your view about Barton?

He's a dick but that wasn't a straight red.

This. It's a bit hypocritical praising him for being a model professional then suspending him over one borderline tackle. Shearer was harsh on him too I thought, even if he did think it was a red, it didn't need the public hanging. bit of an ego power trip all this iyam

Not even sure what we need him on the pitch for.

2 goals in 2 years? Penalties at that.

Half as many appearances as alleged perma-crock Owen?

I base that solely on him not being Nolan or Butt.

Barton: Crap footballer, and a liability.

Shearer could have used different wording in the interview, but he's only saying what everyone else is thinking. More of that the better.

And your view about Barton?

He's a dick but that wasn't a straight red.

This. It's a bit hypocritical praising him for being a model professional then suspending him over one borderline tackle. Shearer was harsh on him too I thought, even if he did think it was a red, it didn't need the public hanging. bit of an ego power trip all this iyam

BUT, the tackle was absolutely stupid, no chance of getting the ball, no chance of preventing the corner, it was a tackle that invited a red card. Shearer told him to keep calm and that tackle wasn't the action of someone who was calm.

Barton should have realised the implications of a three game suspension and accepted the dressing down, especially after what we've had to put up with from him.