Newcastle United 3-1 Boro, full time.

Jimbo

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

need a win against Boro, but if the Portsmouth game is anything to go by we will be poor. Scrappy 1-0 win either way in all likelyhood

We created 3 good chances to score against Pompey, I suspect we will have another 2/3 v Boro who aren't the same defensively. It will come down to whether someone puts one or two of these away.

And whether we can defend against a shit side who are willing to have a go.

Alves' chances against Man United have given me hope that they will struggle as much as us to score.

Guest alex
need a win against Boro, but if the Portsmouth game is anything to go by we will be poor. Scrappy 1-0 win either way in all likelyhood

We created 3 good chances to score against Pompey, I suspect we will have another 2/3 v Boro who aren't the same defensively. It will come down to whether someone puts one or two of these away.

And whether we can defend against a shit side who are willing to have a go.

Alves' chances against Man United have given me hope that they will struggle as much as us to score.

I know they've got the same problems - just look at where they are too for one thing. I just worry about nerves setting in even if we take the lead. Look at the two WBA games this season. Fair enough, we won, but we were sweating towards the end of what should have been routine victories. Basically, we're shit :D

I cant wait for this game, its gonna be a cracker. Much more exciting than any title race!!

I have a feeling it will be a goal fest

I cant wait for this game, its gonna be a cracker. Much more exciting than any title race!!

I have a feeling it will be a goal fest

You do? :D

I'm taking some hope from the smogs' away form, which is shocking - even worse than ours. Just praying we get the breaks here and manage to scramble a win somehow. Viduka did well the other day and I'm clinging to the hope his impending out-of-contract status will spur him on to bag a goal or three over the next couple of games. That's about all I can squeeze out of it as far as optimism goes. Truly desperate stuff.

I'm expecting a massive goalfest as all the misfiring strikers go mental simulatniously. Alves will get a hat trick and Ameobi will get 2 coming off the bench. 5-4 to Newcastle.

Not too late to register Shearer is it? No doubt he could've finished better than his charges did against Portsmouth.

That said, I still think we'll win. Boro are so awful and they're going to have to come and attack. Just like Chelsea will have to do today, and Barca's superior attacking talent will see them through. Not many teams we can claim to have 'superior attacking talent' over, but Boro are one of them.

Not too late to register Shearer is it? No doubt he could've finished better than his charges did against Portsmouth.

That said, I still think we'll win. Boro are so awful and they're going to have to come and attack. Just like Chelsea will have to do today, and Barca's superior attacking talent will see them through. Not many teams we can claim to have 'superior attacking talent' over, but Boro are one of them.

Scarily I think a completely immobile Shearer would be an asset at the moment. :lol:

Guest alex

Not sure I'd rush Taylor back. The back four has already been chopped and changed too much and I think Coloccini isn't as bad as some make out (especially when he's alongside Bassong).

Edit: If we're going to change it / drop the Argie I'd play Taylor RB and Beye in the middle btw. Taylor's done ok in the 2nd half of the season but that's been at RB. I still think he's a bit of a liability at centre-half.

Edited by alex

Not sure I'd rush Taylor back. The back four has already been chopped and changed too much and I think Coloccini isn't as bad as some make out (especially when he's alongside Bassong).

Edit: If we're going to change it / drop the Argie I'd play Taylor RB and Beye in the middle btw. Taylor's done ok in the 2nd half of the season but that's been at RB. I still think he's a bit of a liability at centre-half.

I wondered the same until Sunday.... he was absolute garbage. I'd go so far as to say I'd play Boumsong instead of him.

Boumsong left a while back.

Yeah I know, it was a comparison rather than a suggestion.

I'd play Kevin Scott instead of him too!

Guest alex

Aye, but Taylor though? :lol:

if STaylor is fit then put him at RB and Beye in the centre for Colo.

Attacking wise, who do you think he will start? I would like to see lovenkrads involved, with Guthrie also starting, but i think Shearer will pick a 4-3-3 with martins owen and viduka so can't see them both in the midfield.

Lesser of 2 evils. And no-one is as bad as mop-heed IMO...

Guest alex

Lesser of 2 evils. And no-one is as bad as mop-heed IMO...

I think Colo's a better CB tbh. Like I said though, quite happy to have Beye in there and Taylor RB.