Newcastle United 3-1 Boro, full time.

Jimbo

Not that I'm a big fan of his but Martins hasn't looked remotely fit when I've seen him play of late. Looks like about 75% is about as fast as he can run. Shit timing because we've so little pace in the side.

In a fortnight he's got 3 months to rest it. I'd expect him to bust a gut and be pulled off. He's asking to be pulled off without trying.

Given the injury history of most players going into our physio room you can understand a lad protecting himself. But it'd be more understandable in September.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
Not that I'm a big fan of his but Martins hasn't looked remotely fit when I've seen him play of late. Looks like about 75% is about as fast as he can run. Shit timing because we've so little pace in the side.

In a fortnight he's got 3 months to rest it. I'd expect him to bust a gut and be pulled off. He's asking to be pulled off without trying.

Given the injury history of most players going into our physio room you can understand a lad protecting himself. But it'd be more understandable in September.

Not really wanting to get too into defending him because he's been a waste of space for that long. It's difficult to play with a groin injury though. Only he'll know whether he's taken the piss or not I guess.

Martins is a coward btw. Biggest game in years and he can't be chewed.

this really.

another one to get shot of no matter what league we are in next year.

how many players full of promise come to us and go bad?

Guest alex
martins came back half fit sure and had to play it was a cert he was just going get crocked being sent out like that

<_< If it was Owen you'd be fucking seething btw.

Edited by alex

Tbf he he looked at half pace last run out.

exactly, still think declaring himself unfit was a bad idea

that said the usual antimartins brigade will be certain he would have made the difference tonight if all doesnt go well and its obviously his fault we're in trouble etc etc

Whether he's geuninely unable to play or just not quite willing enough to give it a go, and i'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt, his showing at Liverpool with the injury means he had to be dropped anyway, he wasn't even making attacking runs at all second half and as has been said if he loses his pace he isn't worth a start at all.

If he'd declared himself available i'd have had him on the bench behind Lovenkrands and tried later on (if needed) to get 20-25 mins out of him. Neither of the two are world beaters as we know, but our team is so slow and one paced that one of them has to play or we offer nothing at times.

Is it just me or has time virtually ground to a halt today?

I'm off work today so in theory enjoying myself on the net and watching dvd's and the like but i'm just feeling sick the whole time and desperate for not just kick off time to arrive but the final whistle!

Tbf he he looked at half pace last run out.

exactly, still think declaring himself unfit was a bad idea

that said the usual antimartins brigade will be certain he would have made the difference tonight if all doesnt go well and its obviously his fault we're in trouble etc etc

That post is a load of bollocks really though isn't it? I'd say the one saving grace is that he's shit enough that we shouldn't miss him.

Guest alex

I'm off work today so in theory enjoying myself on the net and watching dvd's and the like but i'm just feeling sick the whole time and desperate for not just kick off time to arrive but the final whistle!

Same here re: the nausea. Like a game v. the Mackems but a lot worse.

Seems that way.

Even if we managed to manipulate the very fabric of space-time, we'd still have no pace in the side.

<_<

star-treks-scotty_2.jpg