Newcastle United 3-1 Boro, full time.

Jimbo

Is it just me or has time virtually ground to a halt today?

I'm off work today so in theory enjoying myself on the net and watching dvd's and the like but i'm just feeling sick the whole time and desperate for not just kick off time to arrive but the final whistle!

Same here re: the nausea. Like a game v. the Mackems but a lot worse.

Yeah, didn't have it all morning, was just reading and watching TV, then suddenly it hit me, think it was the local news mentioning it and its been awful since then.

One positive i suppose is that its not against the mackems, imagine a game against them where the loser was down and if we won we could stay up, don't think i could cope with the wait for that match!

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even contemplating the possibility of defeat btw. Which will make it utterly unbearable should it come to pass.

This. While wrapped up in a blissfully optimistic haze, I secretly know it'll be a dull 0-0 and we'll be condemned. I plan on getting very pissed, regardless of the score with me being off tomorrow.

Guest alex
martins came back half fit sure and had to play it was a cert he was just going get crocked being sent out like that

<_< If it was Owen you'd be fucking seething btw.

I'm seething anyways, but not so much at oba to be fair, the "pain killing injections and then an operation at end of the season" seriously how can anyone think thats a good fucking idea.

Owen rushing back to play for England and crippling himself was what pissed me off though, and the fact he was injury prone when we paid 18m for him anyways.

If the club rushed him back half fit and crippled him he'd get the same treatment as martins

Fuck off man Ant.

Guest alex
martins came back half fit sure and had to play it was a cert he was just going get crocked being sent out like that

<_< If it was Owen you'd be fucking seething btw.

I'm seething anyways, but not so much at oba to be fair, the "pain killing injections and then an operation at end of the season" seriously how can anyone think thats a good fucking idea.

Owen rushing back to play for England and crippling himself was what pissed me off though, and the fact he was injury prone when we paid 18m for him anyways.

If the club rushed him back half fit and crippled him he'd get the same treatment as martins

Fuck off man Ant.

Should owen have been rushing off to play for england without kicking a fcking ball for us? balls should he

but let's not start off down that track again we've more to worry about than how much you or I rate him

He didn't btw.

Guest alex
Are you going tonight Alex? It's worse on the telly tbh.

Nah, with it being another Monday night one I've given the ST away again. I'm almost in two minds as to whether or not to watch the game, because it is worse on TV, as you say.

Rentboy are you in the east stand these days? I'm sure I saw you and the missus in the concourse. You were ordering 17 pies and a diet coke.

<_<

Aye, amongst the living dead. Quite near the middle (slightly nearer the Leazes) and 3/4 up - spot on seats for the money and view, shite for the atmosphere. Seems a resonable compromise.

Wheater out apparently. :(

And SSN already had Pogatetz and Riggot out, if that's true they're going to be a bit short on defenders hopefully.

Cue the fantastic, heroic defensive display from the depleted smog defence... <_<

Feeling bullish and inexplicably optimistic - and thats before a pint has touched my lips.

I think it's because I refuse to believe we'll go down - not that I haven't workout out it's a possibility you understand; I just think we'll get through by the skin of our teeth. I have this mental picture in my head of Indiana Jones sliding under a closing door then reaching back to grab his hat just in time. The Villa game with be the hat <_<

Of course, this refusal to entertain the possibility means that should this not happen, the crushing blow it will deal will probably leave me catatonic.

is this the official match thread?

No this is the vigilante splinter thread.

Only organised teams are allowed Official threads.

Maybe if we win we can think about an official thread for the Fulham match.

If it came down to the Villa game for us to stay up. I think my face would explode.

LITERALLY.

It will.

A win tonight puts us on level points with Hull. I doubt we will get anything at home to Fulham and neither will Hull at Bolton the same day. So, we will go into the last game on the same points as Hull (or maybe 1 point difference). Last game we go to Villa and they entertain Man Utd who should have by then won the league.

Dont forget what West Ham done.

Absolutely losing it here at work, I've got an even longer wait than you lot. Won't be able to watch until around midnight BST. <_< Can't think of anything else.

Oh here's something I can think of - Martins can take a running jump. Truly fed up with him now. I was one of his staunchest supporters all through last year and the first half of this one but he's been absolutely shit for months now and I've lost patience with the stroppy little bastard. Rather have Lovenkrands, at least he looks like he cares (probably because he's afraid he won't find another club!)