Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

I'm currently addicted to Gold Rush. Smashed out 4 season on the spin.

I've decided to take a break though and have started From - which is canny so far.

Also started the new True Detective last night with Jodie Foster.

Edited by Holden McGroin

16 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I'm currently addicted to Gold Rush. Smashed out 4 season on the spin.

I've decided to take a break though and have started From - which is canny so far.

Also started the new True Detective last night with Jodie Foster.

Season 1 of From was class. Season 2 felt like it struggled along a bit at times but ended really well IMO.

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Finished Fool me once last night. Not too bad.  Some minor details were a little meh, but I would smash keegan all over like.

I thought it was shite, personally. Harlan Coben has basically written one story - changed the names and locations a bit and sold it as a shit tonne of books. I don't think he's alone in doing this tbf to him, but I think the samey feel is across all of the adaptations.

Safe was good, the stranger was decent but by the time I tried to watch this (purely for Keegan if truth be told) I felt like I'd already seen it a few times. I saw the twist (there's always a fucking twist) coming a mile away.

You'll soon get sick - the formula never changes. Have you met Tony Beats yet? 

Deadliest Catch is the same. Mint for a while then it's just the same episode/series every time. At least with DC there's genuine peril though - that's a serious job! 

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You'll soon get sick - the formula never changes. Have you met Tony Beats yet? 

Deadliest Catch is the same. Mint for a while then it's just the same episode/series every time. At least with DC there's genuine peril though - that's a serious job! 

Aye, thats why I've given it a break. I like how resourceful these guys are. Dakota Fred, especially.

I've got terrible news for you. Old Dakota died last year. 

Gold Rush White Water is him and his son diving for gold in river rapids. That's decent while you're on your break. There's only a few seasons of that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I've got terrible news for you. Old Dakota died last year. 

Gold Rush White Water is him and his son diving for gold in river rapids. That's decent while you're on your break. There's only a few seasons of that. 

Aye, I'd read that. He had a club foot as well by the looks of it. Completely unrelated to his death no doubt.

John Schnabel died as well (in 2016). He was like 93 and still working. Mad cunt. Seemed like a nice bloke though.

The nutters who go diving under the ice in frozen rivers in Alaska looking for gold and stuff like that. Mental. Although as Gemmill alludes to it’s got nowt on them nut jobs catching snow crabs off the Aleutian Islands in the middle of winter. FUCK. THAT. SHIT. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alex said:

The nutters who go diving under the ice in frozen rivers in Alaska looking for gold and stuff like that. Mental. Although as Gemmill alludes to it’s got nowt on them nut jobs catching snow crabs off the Aleutian Islands in the middle of winter. FUCK. THAT. SHIT. 

I worked with a Moosefucker who’d done a couple of seasons of that. 

Top lad, 5’6” and 6’ wide. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Alex said:

Well I’ve just started watching the sopranos again. Again 

I've just done that with The Wire.  I might have to drop onto the Soprano's after.  Superb series.

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I've just done that with The Wire.  I might have to drop onto the Soprano's after.  Superb series.

I still think The Wire and The Sopranos are the two best tv shows ever 

• Like 2

One day I was at work and I got a phone call from one of my Aunts.  She was in tears and took a while for her to calm down.  Turns out Gandolfini had died.  She is a Soprano's nut and pretty much watches it every day :lol: 

• Like 1

I tried sopranos for the first time a couple of months ago. I couldn’t get into it (I think it was mainly to due to the old production).

I think I just need to suck it up and get through season 1

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I tried sopranos for the first time a couple of months ago. I couldn’t get into it (I think it was mainly to due to the old production).

On re-watching it the pilot is quite cheesy compared to the rest of it but I thought the quality is good more or less from episode two. I do think it gets better after season one though. Agree that the production in season one makes it look a bit dated too

15 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Same. I only made it to 3 episodes. Didn't get it and the 4:3 aspect ratio in low resolution didn't help. Nor the fact that Mrs Rents wouldn't watch it so I have to use the other room or a tablet, and then Now suddenly stopped it. It's on again now though, may try again. Huge commitment mind. 

I've watched BB and BCS 2 to 3 times, actually enjoyed them more on a second watch as I noticed all the small details which made these series great. These series certainly look genuinely amazing too. 

Really enjoying the traitors currently. Such a simple concept brilliantly executed. 

Edited by Renton