Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

That’s actually the first time I’ve seen it but surely you realise that shite is scripted? ;) 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Renton said:

Anybody admit to watching Geordie Shore? Must admit this had me in stitches. :lol:

I watched the first episode with grim fascination and realised quickly that one lass was a smoggy, one a mackem, one of the lads was from Durham and my best mate went to school with one of the lads and I'd been on the drink with him a handful of times. Also, they were a gaggle of special needs kids with abs put in a house and plied with drink and cocaine and that the whole concept was shite.

Now, if Big Brother plied it's contestants with cocaine and booze, that would be a fucking great reality TV show. Like Battle Royale, only with more plastic surgery.

I watch one of the seasons every two years but onto Season 3 now and Fargo is consistently excellent. Season 3 was released in 2017 which shows how long it takes me to watch things. Noah Hawley’s shows scratch that sweet spot of style and substance and I’m looking forward to seeing what he does with Alien. When I watch it in 2028

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Is 4 the one that has quite a black cast? There’s your explanation for people hating it

Aye, blacks, Irish and Jews. 

Watched episode 1 of the miner's strike on Ch4 the other day. It's amazing how angry you can get watching this and hearing that cunt Thatcher's rank patter after forty years. I was thinking whilst watching it that shirebrook was HQ for sports direct and right enough the programme highlighted that at the end. I hope the scabs kids ended up working there. 

• Like 2

On 10/02/2024 at 14:15, Howmanheyman said:

Watched episode 1 of the miner's strike on Ch4 the other day. It's amazing how angry you can get watching this and hearing that cunt Thatcher's rank patter after forty years. I was thinking whilst watching it that shirebrook was HQ for sports direct and right enough the programme highlighted that at the end. I hope the scabs kids ended up working there. 

Wait until Ep 2 it's about Orgreave 

Watched 'Onoda, 10,000 nights in the jungle' about the Japanese officer who didn't leave his post on a Philippine island till 1974 till his old CO told him to as he'd convinced himself the war wasn't over and leaflets dropped informing them of this was just allied propaganda. Good film, mainly from a Japanese point of view although I do know that they've glossed over the old murdering the locals bit a little that he and his small group did. (It's shown but apparently they weren't as clean deaths as shown on the film). It's on the channel 4 app, sixty odd days left for availability. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Being trying to watch Prime's Mr and Mrs Smith but struggling to get into.

Anyone else watched it? Thoughts?

I'm 3 in and I like it. It's basically just all about the dialogue between the two main characters, and I'm finding them both funny so I'm enjoying it. 

If anyone turns up expecting anything remotely like the Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie thing, they're gonna be very disappointed. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm 3 in and I like it. It's basically just all about the dialogue between the two main characters, and I'm finding them both funny so I'm enjoying it. 

If anyone turns up expecting anything remotely like the Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie thing, they're gonna be very disappointed. 

No that was the last thing I was hoping/expecting.

Maybe with Glover I was expecting more Atlanta, not sure, what I was expecting tbh.

27 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Being trying to watch Prime's Mr and Mrs Smith but struggling to get into.

Anyone else watched it? Thoughts?

Sammy, CT's hacked your account, mate. :good:

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Sammy, CT's hacked your account, mate. :good:

My proof reading is terrible especially when using the table but you're correct Ciaoman, my head is hung in shame.

Thankfully not like CT's and Gemmill's though.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sammynb said:

My proof reading is terrible especially when using the table but you're correct Ciaoman, my head is hung in shame.

Thankfully not like CT's and Gemmill's though.

And you're accusing me of being old