Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

I gave Parks and Rec a chance after being a bit meh about the 1st season.

Glad I did, it's class! Heard it's being put on BBC4 soon. :)

Started watching Homeland now and really enjoying it, 9 eps in 3 days. :lol:

I'm up to date on the UK pace for season 2. Think I'll call it a day when this one is done. Gets more "24" by the episode.

I'm up to date on the UK pace for season 2. Think I'll call it a day when this one is done. Gets more "24" by the episode.

Aye I agree with this. Given the diminishing quality in this season, if it goes to a third (and it will cos its American TV and its a profitable show) then I'm finished with it.

Anyone watching this 'comedy' after Peep Show? Why are they trying to pass it off as real? :unsure2:

Dodged it after not being able to make head nor tail of the trailer .

Did you see the other 'new' one on Friday night , Dr Brown or something ?

Someone's clearly on the gas at Ch4 like .

Dodged it after not being able to make head nor tail of the trailer .

Did you see the other 'new' one on Friday night , Dr Brown or something ?

Someone's clearly on the gas at Ch4 like .

No didn't see that one, you were wise to dodge it tbh. They had a whole sketch based on the most annoying people in society today (those who pretend to be thick).

I can definitely sympathise with Gemmils TV / Netflix addiction having now myself watched a few TV programs back to back.

Watching four or five seasons of something in a couple of weeks is great at the time, but the downer at the end is unpleasant. Not only do you mourn your favourite characters, you also quickly need to find your next fix to fill the gaping void left in your life.

Sorry for ever taking the piss Gemmil.

Started Justified last night. Just 1 episode in and as a stand alone episode it was mint.

I hate episodioc crime drama though, every 60 minutes looking at another bad guy who inevitably gets caught and the world is well, Columbo, Murder She Wrote & The Mentalist style. Obviously better to watch the drawn out affairs like The Wire, Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire or Breaking bad. This looks like tending more to the episodic at the moment...given the bad guy got done at the end of the episode. Hope it stays away from that, the reviews of the latter series suggest it's well worth sticking with.

Watched the last of series 1 last night. Only took me 4 months to get there.

Really enjoyed it in the end though. Not at all the 'Murder She Wrote' style show I feared. Looking forward to starting Series 2....after I've got through the last of Breaking Bad and the new Boardwalk Empire...so about 2 years.

i've watched all of justified, really like it, easy to watch show where you don't have to pay a lot of attention!

Up to series 3 here and I'm a fan.

It's kind of like a contemporary Deadwood, without the titage and cunny.

Goes on the list. Very, very long list still.

Has anyone watched a show called Arrow? Guy at work (who can have very questionable taste sometimes) is raving about it, think its basically Green Arrow, just wondering if its worth giving a go at some point or whether its a bit rubbish (this same guy loves One Tree Hill, hence not taking just his word for it).

lol it's fucking awful

it's like someone has taken the lad from dawsons creek/one tree hill and made him a crime fighting millionaire

:lol: its cringeworthy, and the sexual tension between him and his sister is hilarious.

Justified is pretty decent, hot women and some cool trailer trash southern dialogue and action.