Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

6 or 7 episodes into the good wife. My good wife is loving it, I'm still a bit meh tbh.

Is it always this formulaic? I hear its worth staying with as the later seasons are all really good. I hope so because every episode has such rigidly to the same formula so far. She sees the good in someone in every new case through a human story (always one new case per episode) then is successful in court. Every fucking time.

And that fucking 90s elevator music man. Terrible production values. Just feels so dated. And yet I'm still watching it

And that fucking 90s elevator music man. Terrible production values. Just feels so dated. And yet I'm still watching it

Well no offence but based on your posts on here it sounds like your wife rules your household with a bit of an iron fist.

I wouldn't say its awful but I doubt I'd still be watching it of she wasn't into it, no.

Of course she wears the trousers. As Johnny Drama says: pussies are more powerful than penises. Show me a husband that isn't under the thumb and I'll show you a lier.

And to be fair to her she sits through all the sport I watch despite not being interested.

A line is drawn on both sides though. I won't sit through rom coms, glee, X factor etc. She draws the line at darts and snooker. Luckily we have two living rooms

Of course she wears the trousers. As Johnny Drama says: pussies are more powerful than penises. Show me a husband that isn't under the thumb and I'll show you a lier.

We basically agree that when we're both there we'll only watch what we both want to watch....which means less foreign fiilms and documentaries for me and a Tivo 60% full of Bones, The Good Wife, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds, Dexter, Elementary, Cold Case, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal or any of the other serial drama shite CT is bound to love that I refuse to watch.

On occasion I'll allow Hollyoaks :munch:

You could basically replace Mad Dogs with any show in that sentence, and it would hold true for you. :razz:

You could get some use out of it on the football forum with certain players too.

We basically agree that when we're both there we'll only watch what we both want to watch....which means less foreign fiilms and documentaries for me and a Tivo 60% full of Bones, The Good Wife, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds, Dexter, Elementary, Cold Case, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal or any of the other serial drama shite CT is bound to love that I refuse to watch.

On occasion I'll allow Hollyoaks :munch:

the danger of that approach is you end up watching loads of compromise tv instead of the stuff each of you really want to watch.

I had an old dear in the taxi telling me this on Saturday. Apparently Newcastle was one of the first establishments to honour him.

She also mentioned seeing Al Jolson live in Newcastle.

Slightly different ends of the Civil rights spectrum there.

It would have been a nightmare if they hadn't gone on for a second series since there's so many unanswered questions from the first one. I just hope they actually have an ending in mind and aren't just going to drag it out like (I understand) they did with Lost.