Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Well at least Bill Shorten can speak, fucking Abbott can't even do that. I find it very difficult that arsehole was educated at Oxford.

Educated in economics as I understand it. That's pretty much the crux of the problem facing Australia at the moment, the state of the economy. The way we're going about things we'll be a basket case like Spain. What has Shorten acheived apart from being a Union lackey? The fool has no policies or any idea. At first I thought he may have been frightened to put forward alternate policies but he isn't, he just hasn't got a clue. Shorten shouts from the terraces riding on the wave of discontent because people aren't getting something for nothing, as is the typical Australian way. Give me something for nothing. Thankfully the age of entitlement is coming to an end.

So was Shorten on your shortlist for intelligent politicians? :lol:

I know very little of Shorten, haven't lived in Aus for many years now. As for Australia's economy it was seeming to be doing very well, before Abbott got in power, so I never understood why Labour was voted out if the economy was doing well. As for intelligent politicians, been very impressed by a couple of the Greens Scott Ludlam and Christine Milne their leader and have always been a big fan of Bob Browne.

Watching Sons of Anarchy. It's all right so far, I'm 4 episodes in, is it worth sticking with?

Trying to watch this too but it's pretty fucking terrible. Have made it to episode 10 of the first season but thinking about giving up. My Mrs describes it as a an insult to her intelligence which is a real damning indictment given some of the shit she watches. The only thing that gets us through each episode is betting on how many people are going to get killed in each episode. Going to persevere until the end of the season and then give up I think.

That Charlie Hunnam is a pretty shite actor tbh. Constantly walks about like he's shit his pants while giving it full on Danny Dyer arms as well. I packed in watching it as I got so tired of the refusal of any of them to do anything about Ron Perlmans character (although I feel this has more to do with the writers knowing the show would have nowt without him).

The Returned was very, very good. Ever so slightly underwhelming final episode, which I imagine was down to them getting a second series. Some questions answered, with a lot more created on the back of them. I did like Lost, but I hope that this doesn't go the same way. Read that the new series isn't expected until 2015 now, which is a bit of a shitter.

Bbc4 tonight 11pm

Still bill the bill withers story

Cheers for this mate, sorts out what will accompany this bottle of Malbec

Danny Baker's World Cup Brush-up is on iPlayer. It's not gonna change your life, but it's got some funny clips on and a decent amount of Keegan and Robson in their younger years.

Just started suits. Watchable so far. Bit of an entourage vibe about it. Wondering if Harvey ever starts to become likeable like Ari Gold. So far he's not lines as funny and is even more of a cunt but I'm starting to warm to him.

Danny Baker's World Cup Brush-up is on iPlayer. It's not gonna change your life, but it's got some funny clips on and a decent amount of Keegan and Robson in their younger years.

Just watched. Canny enough. Half a thumb up. :good: