Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Just started suits. Watchable so far. Bit of an entourage vibe about it. Wondering if Harvey ever starts to become likeable like Ari Gold. So far he's not lines as funny and is even more of a cunt but I'm starting to warm to him.

I can't stand lawyers or shows/films about lawyers.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched that with my lass. I went out of my way to encourage her to watch it, having watched the first episode by myself and told her it was good and she should watch it. Well LET ME TELL you I lived to regret that decision when I fell asleep partway through the penultimate episode, and she fucking ploughed on with the final episode while I was in the room. Obviously I woke up at the exact point the killer was exposed.

The utter cow.

I watched that with my lass. I went out of my way to encourage her to watch it, having watched the first episode by myself and told her it was good and she should watch it. Well LET ME TELL you I lived to regret that decision when I fell asleep partway through the penultimate episode, and she fucking ploughed on with the final episode while I was in the room. Obviously I woke up at the exact point the killer was exposed.

The utter cow.

Well, when I'm watching it with her, I'll be sure to tell her to keep me awake.

Finally got round to watching Derek a couple of week ago, thought it was class. Shame Karl Pilkington wasn't on the later episodes but they recovered well by having Kevin in it more. Was very surprised by it and how clever it was at times.

I thought the latest series was fucking dismal. Gervais's constant fucking gurning at the camera, man. Deliver line, do that stupid thing with your mouth and look at camera. Deliver line, do that stupid thing... Etc etc.

I just can't get away with it anymore. There were a couple of genuinely touching moments in the series - the bit with the dog was schmaltzy as fuck, but it sort of worked. The rest of it though, Christ.

I like Gervais, but Derek has got to go.

Aye I far preferred series 1, Karl's rants were brilliant and were a big miss 2nd series. I agree that it did start to get very routine, and I think not having Karl there left them unsure what to do, the new lad they brought in (can't even remember his name) was just irritating and dull. Kevin sucking special brew from the carpet though :lol:

I thought the latest series was fucking dismal. Gervais's constant fucking gurning at the camera, man. Deliver line, do that stupid thing with your mouth and look at camera. Deliver line, do that stupid thing... Etc etc.

I just can't get away with it anymore. There were a couple of genuinely touching moments in the series - the bit with the dog was schmaltzy as fuck, but it sort of worked. The rest of it though, Christ.

I like Gervais, but Derek has got to go.

Completely agree, it was almost unwatchable. I've liked a lot of Gervais's comedy in the past but he hasn't made me laugh in a while now.

Gervais, as a man, is an atrocity. He perfectly encapsulates that atheist belief wherein to feel smarter than everyone else, you don't actually have to be smarter than everyone else. His embarrassing output post-Merchant only helps strengthen that argument. Everything from Extras onwards (and even that turned poor at the end) has been abysmal.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the first episode of an Italian series based on a Mafia chief in Sicily starting as a young'un just after the War. Will definitely be watching again, it's called 'Corleone' and it's on the box set of Sky. (Also noticed 'Cracker' is on there so watched a couple of them last night.

Just started watching a little thing called Breaking Bad.

Three episodes in and I think it has potential.

Anyone seen it ?

:whistle:

I'd give it a bash but I haven't got netflix.

Fargo was

927705_515866088542938_1387328123_a.jpg

Aye, I really liked it. I even thought

rather moral

ending worked well. I really liked the main lass in it. Pretty well acted throughout though.

I've just recently watched True Detective which I really enjoyed too. Not sure it would've gone down well with the Louisiana tourist board like.

Before that I watched series 1 of Lillyhammer. It's fucking daft but it's easy watching. Plus I liked seeing Steven Van Zandt basically just playing Silvio Dante again.