Blessing in disguise?

Deano

Maybe im tryin to put a positive spin on a somewhat dark and murky chapter but maybe just maybe if we go down it would be a blessing in disguise?

For all i know we would be stuck with Mike Ashley i think there could be a few positives to look at...

- Removal of dead wood and overpaid under acheivers

- Big Al to build the club up from a total blank canvas

- Blooding of youth

- More realistic chance of some silverwear <_<

I think it could be just what this club needs in the sense that the likes of Owen, Ameobi, Butt, Barton, Coloccini, Duff would undoubtedly leave and would reduce the wage bill drastically. On the flip side would we be able to hold onto the likes Bassong, Beye, Martins, Gutierrez?

It would give us a chance to play our youngsters and start again and build upon new founations.

The championship is said to be the hardest league in the country by some but i think we would bounce strait back and in a better situation than before, a new club ethos, no more egotystical under-acheiving and over paid prima-donnas.

We would be made of stronger stuff, battlers, players with heart and genuine pride with returning to the PL.

I would like us to stay up but trying to think positive.

:(

Nice idea but never forget Mike Ashley will always put his investment ahead of Newcastle United, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he put us in administration the second we go down, a Leeds-esque downward spiral awaits.

Nice idea but never forget Mike Ashley will always put his investment ahead of Newcastle United, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he put us in administration the second we go down, a Leeds-esque downward spiral awaits.

Surely Ashley isn't THAT fucking stupid is he?

I'd love to think he wasn't, but you just never know.

Agreed - I don't think this season will end on sunday for us off the pitch - i would wager there maybe a finale just to put the finishing touches to this debacle of a season - you could write a book - it would be Dante's inferno-esque - like hell but worse

Guest alex

I know what Geordie Lad is trying to say but if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. I.e. there's no disguise here - just a disaster staring us in the face.

it is impossible to put a positive spin on relegation. it would be a disaster for the club and the region. the championship is not an easy league to get of. just look at other big clubs who haven't been able to get back since goign down - leeds, wednesday, forest to name just a few

Even losing a few big earners we're still going to have Premier League running costs on championship revenues. Shite like Nolan will still be on far more than their championship equivalents. We'll have the parachute payment and better crowds than the rest and I don't know the exact numbers but I guess someone is going to have to sink money into the club to keep us going. Even if we can put together a competitive squad on a zero net spend (debatable) there's no guarantee we'll come straight back up and the longer you stay there the harder it is to get out.

I hear this 'clearout/start afresh' stuff and I know it's just people trying to find positives, but I can't see relegation as anything but a total fucking disaster.

Anyone who thinks relegation is good is a fuckin' idiot.

I can't believe anyone would think it could be a good think.

There is NO silver lining if we go down. It'll be a disaster.... just look at the like of Leeds, Sheff Wed, Southampton.... you can get dragged down.

There's no upside to relegation, just the possibility to somewhat limit the damage (and of course the possibility that relegation could be the start of the truly unthinkable).

My mate is a Norwich fan and I can assure you, it isn't a blessing in disguise.

If we go down, I don't think we will bounce back at the first attempt.

I still think we'll stay up though.

Relegation would have been a disater under Sheperd but there would have been the possibility that he would have got us the funds to get back, under this fucking idiot it will be nothing short of a catastrophe.

I fully expect that he will find some way to fuck us further and like Leeds we will be looked at as an example of how it can all go completely wrong.

There are NO positives to relegation. Anything that occurs because of it, could have happened without the crippling pain of relegation.

Ashley is an idiot surrounded by idiots. Further calamity is inevitable imo unless there's a massive improvement in his cluelessness. Or he sells up, depending on whether the new owner is as idiotic as he is. I don't see the silver lining in being relegated therefore.