Will you cry?

Douggy B

I have really never got it it when you see grown men in floods of tears.

I have been at cup finals on both the winning and losing side but I have never once felt the urge to cry over football.

My emotions are massive elation if things go well and anger (often misdirected) when things go really badly.

Will you cry, either way?

I *nearly* cried once when we got promoted. The WHOLE stadium was singing the Andy Cole song in unison. Magical.

Was only about 14 at the time mind.

Relegation isnt the end of the world although it would be nice to stay up.

If It was a cruel twist of fate - like it would be if Sunderland went down this season - then I would probably have a bit of a peach, on my own, in my room.

However despite various 'peaks' in hope I have been expecting us to go down, however you can never stop wanting to stay up desperately.

I've been in acceptance of relegation for months, I'm sure once the reality of fact is confirmed I'll be absolutely gutted, but due to the length of our stay in the bottom of the table I'll keep my emotions in check.

Not quite sure how I'd react to be honest, last week after our heartless loss against Fulham I felt like real shit.

If we go down, I cant explain the anger towards our regime, certain players and overall the shit season we've all experienced.

If we stay up, probably the best feeling and some hope restored, perhaps.

Seriously, why hasn't this cunt been banned? Beyond a joke now ffs.

I agree, Attain is a complete cunt.

It isn't rent a mong day.

I wondered why you weren't at work.

I cried when Rob Lee scored the equaliser against Chelsea at Wembley, dunno if it was i was there that made the difference or what but it was tears of joy, but there's no way on god's green earth i'll be sheding a tear if we go down.

Well, I wouldn't be this weekend; but from experience - Not really, I just drunkenly say "its gutting eh" repeatedly to people who haven't the foggiest what I'm talking about and only wanted to know whether I wanted salt and vinegar on my chips. And pass out on the sofa.

No. I have been expecting relegation more than survival since the transfer window shut (and to be honest before the window even opened), and am just surprised we even have a chance going into the last game of the season.

BTW, this incisive article provides manifest undeniable evidence as to why Newcastle are better than Spurs even if relegated

Newcastle vs Spurs - the end of the big club debate

No. I have been expecting relegation more than survival since the transfer window shut (and to be honest before the window even opened), and am just surprised we even have a chance going into the last game of the season.

BTW, this incisive article provides manifest undeniable evidence as to why Newcastle are better than Spurs even if relegated

Newcastle vs Spurs - the end of the big club debate

Quality article that. :lol:

To answer the op. No, tears are not on the cards. Been prepared for it, like most on here, since about January. Not going to make it any more palatable IF it happens.

Tears are for women*.

*insert your own inflammatory group here