Owen

The Fish

Only thing I'd say is that people on the radio etc. were going on about Owen being the out-and-out goal scorer Man Utd have been lacking for some time but I don't think he can play that role any more. Other than that, meh.

Aye - there was a couple of Manc fans ringing into Talksport this morning claiming that he's an awesome player who's been made to look shit by NUFC :lol:

Ohhhh they've a lot to learn. Sadly though they haven't done what we did and stick him on a huge retainer on the basis of his past abilities ;)

You just know the same people would've been saying he was shit/fucked/finished 48 hours ago if you'd asked them. I think he's a better player than he's looked in the last 6 months (then again, I'm a better player than he's looked in the last 6 months) but he's still a shadow of his former self. I think if this is true he'll be a useful squad player more than anything else.

Aye but being a 'useful squad player' will not get him a place in Capello's 22. He'd have been better off going to Everton IMO if he's primary objective is to play in the World Cup.

Who's he behind now that Tevez and Ronaldo have gone?

Berbatov, Rooney....that 11 year old who likes scoring in injury time.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I'd say is that people on the radio etc. were going on about Owen being the out-and-out goal scorer Man Utd have been lacking for some time but I don't think he can play that role any more. Other than that, meh.

Aye - there was a couple of Manc fans ringing into Talksport this morning claiming that he's an awesome player who's been made to look shit by NUFC :lol:

Ohhhh they've a lot to learn. Sadly though they haven't done what we did and stick him on a huge retainer on the basis of his past abilities ;)

You just know the same people would've been saying he was shit/fucked/finished 48 hours ago if you'd asked them. I think he's a better player than he's looked in the last 6 months (then again, I'm a better player than he's looked in the last 6 months) but he's still a shadow of his former self. I think if this is true he'll be a useful squad player more than anything else.

Aye but being a 'useful squad player' will not get him a place in Capello's 22. He'd have been better off going to Everton IMO if he's primary objective is to play in the World Cup.

Who's he behind now that Tevez and Ronaldo have gone?

Berbatov, Rooney....that 11 year old who likes scoring in injury time.

I don't think Owen will be the only striker they buy over the summer. Aside from that I expect they'll start with him and Rooney, Owen won't score for a couple of games and he'll be replaced in the pecking order by Berbatov.

Guest alex

I think he'll just concentrate on Man Utd (and take the England call-up happily if that ever happens) because he's never won the league before and now he has a great chance of doing so over the next few years if he does well.

Fergie is a :lol: manager what does he know? :razz:;)

It will be quite interesting to see though......... what is actually left of Owen as a footballer, is he as rubbish as some think, or with a good team around him (as opposed to our ;):rolleyes:) is there still a quality (if ageing) player in there. B)

It will be quite interesting to see though......... what is actually left of Owen as a footballer, is he as rubbish as some think, or with a good team around him (as opposed to our ;):rolleyes:) is there still a quality (if ageing) player in there. B)

Can't polish a turd though (as he proved with Bosnich and Blanc). Think this could well end up in the same situation.

Scousers are loving this mind - they all hate Owen as they see he as a mercenary bastard. They're all hoping he goes there and falls on his arse big time.

It will be quite interesting to see though......... what is actually left of Owen as a footballer, is he as rubbish as some think, or with a good team around him (as opposed to our ;)B)) is there still a quality (if ageing) player in there. :scratchchin:

Can't polish a turd though (as he proved with Bosnich and Blanc). Think this could well end up in the same situation.

Scousers are loving this mind - they all hate Owen as they see he as a mercenary bastard. They're all hoping he goes there and falls on his arse big time.

You are aren't you. :rolleyes:

I might get a tenner on my earlier tongue in cheek prediction of World Cup 2010 top scorer. :razz:

I'll take that bet. I'll give you 10-1 in fact ;)

....I would if Capello wasn't in charge. He hasn't got Fergie's vision. ;)

:lol:

Tbh, the bitterness in this thread is unbelievable.

Course it is. The twat arsed around doing nothing watching us get relegated, while getting paid ridiculous amounts of money. Now he gets a move to the biggest club in the world while we sit in the second tier.

Fair?

Guest alex
Tbh, the bitterness in this thread is unbelievable.

I think it's distasteful but not surprising in the least. Inevitable in fact :lol:

The fact he said nothing as our captain when we were relegated says it all. I reckon he was one of the one's referenced in my sig.

Will be interesting to hear his press conference.

Edited by trophyshy

The fact he said nothing as our captain when we were relegated says it all. I reckon he was one of the one's referenced in my sig.

"I'm glad to have signed for...this team. Do I get an England call-up now?"

I'm sure all would have been forgiven if only he'd said he was "gutted".

Get a grip man. Any time any player opens his mouth I invariably want to take a fork to his eye. As our top scorer he's got far less to be ashamed of than many others at the club. What use would a "sorry" be from Owen? The man primarily responsible for our relegation apologised and he's still a cunt.

Guest alex

He looked like he didn't give a fuck in the way David Gower looked like he didn't give a fuck, which doesn't neccessarily mean he didn't in those last weeks. Whereas Martins, for example, created the impression of caring, when he'd been taking the piss out of the club for months by not training, feigning injury etc.

Get a grip man. Any time any player opens his mouth I invariably want to take a fork to his eye. As our top scorer he's got far less to be ashamed of than many others at the club. What use would a "sorry" be from Owen? The man primarily responsible for our relegation apologised and he's still a cunt.

Fuck off tbh.

something would have been better than nothing.

Maybe hes a jinx, so if history repeats itself they'll sign him, a little later be taken over by the owner of Aldi who will sack Ferguson, bring in the ghost of George Best to manage them only to fuck him over by having Bill Shankly oversee all transfers. Voila relegation and oblivion. dry.gif

You can but hope.

Fuck off tbh.

something would have been better than nothing.

:lol:

would have been something to give him stick for.