Owen

The Fish

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I still think hes a cunt. Has he even thanked the club/fans for his time here?

I bet he doesnt get 20,000 mugs turning up to welcome him at Old Trafford.

Our captain gets us relegated, then lets not forget hes run his contract down to leave on a free after we paid £17mil for him, and he cant even bring himself to mutter a couple of lines to the press about us other than his 4 years here were 'A POOR SPELL'. Not fucking shit sherlock, we were the ones paying £500 a season to watch you in your poor spell!!! Strewth!

;)

Difficult to fathom why he's not fussed on thanking people who think this of him.

Aye this is indicative of one of those who evidently think he owes us something and as he was our record signing, should have built an affinity with the club. As I've said before, Andy Cole was our record signing but never stopped to 'thank' us when he bolted out of the door.

The only contract offered to him was in December and given the state the club was in, he'd have been nuts to sign it. If we'd wanted to keep him, he'd have been offered a new deal last summer. If the club were arsed about recouping any of the cash, surely we'd have sold him then?

As for the comment about him getting us relegated.... :lol:

Well I still think hes a cunt. Has he even thanked the club/fans for his time here?

Our captain gets us relegated, then lets not forget hes run his contract down to leave on a free after we paid £17mil for him, and he cant even bring himself to mutter a couple of lines to the press about us other than his 4 years here were 'A POOR SPELL'. Not fucking shit sherlock, we were the ones paying £500 a season to watch you in your poor spell!!! Strewth!

Thats probably because United fans* dont see him as a big player in fairness.

* there is no such thing, they are 90% glory hunting cocks

And why should they? 4 years with us and he has the aura of a has been.

Guest Stevie

I'm absolutely astonished people are saying he's anything other than a bona fide fuckin arsehole. He came out with a statement to NUFC TV, over the last year he secretly hoped and prayed that Man Utd would come in for especially over the last six months. Well even that statement, rightly or wrongly it gives fuel to the argument about how desperately uncommitted he looked since before Christmas. Fine sign for Man Utd, I can see why he's done that, but at the same time his performances for us, his body language, his persona, you put them all in a box and the conclusion you draw is that he's a fuckin little Welsh dwarf cunt. Some should castrate him.

I'm absolutely astonished people are saying he's anything other than a bona fide fuckin arsehole. He came out with a statement to NUFC TV, over the last year he secretly hoped and prayed that Man Utd would come in for especially over the last six months. Well even that statement, rightly or wrongly it gives fuel to the argument about how desperately uncommitted he looked since before Christmas. Fine sign for Man Utd, I can see why he's done that, but at the same time his performances for us, his body language, his persona, you put them all in a box and the conclusion you draw is that he's a fuckin little Welsh dwarf cunt. Some should castrate him.

;)

He's not welsh but other than that I think you have a good point - he never wanted to play for NUFC but greed got the better of him - a true mercenary

Exactly. And as for him getting us relegated Craig, goals aside ( and lets be honest there werent many) what sort of captain was he for the club? Did you ever see him egging on the younger players, leading by example when we were a goal down, grabbing games by the scruff of the neck? Did you fuck, he had a face like a slapped arse and couldnt wait to get off the pitch at the end of every game.

I dont go in for the whole 'but hes our top scorer' shit either. He averaged 6 league goals a season over 4 years. I think Tore Andre Flo beat that

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Guest alex
Exactly. And as for him getting us relegated Craig, goals aside ( and lets be honest there werent many) what sort of captain was he for the club? Did you ever see him egging on the younger players, leading by example when we were a goal down, grabbing games by the scruff of the neck? Did you fuck, he had a face like a slapped arse and couldnt wait to get off the pitch at the end of every game.

I dont go in for the whole 'but hes our top scorer' shit either. He averaged 6 league goals a season over 4 years. I think Tore Andre Flo beat that

Top scorer this season though which is the one where you're laying the relegation at his door. Which seems a bit unfair when others were as bad or worse. I agree with some of the comments about him especially not giving a fuck of late but he also seems to be becoming a bit of a patsy for the club's terminal decline which is a bit ott. I have mixed feelings about him and a few others like because in some ways it's hard to blame them for losing interest when the owner, directors and coaching side of things was pretty much the same nearly all season, i.e. showing a complete lack of interest in first team affairs and there was no semblance of any discipline at the club.

Edited by alex

* there is no such thing, they are 90% glory hunting cocks

There were some Germans singing Glory Glory on the bus last night..... ;)

He's not welsh but other than that I think you have a good point - he never wanted to play for NUFC but greed got the better of him - a true mercenary

Greed? He just didn't want to sit on Real Madrid's bench.

It's not like he turned down lower offers from Liverpool or Man U and came to Newcastle for the spon.

Greed? He just didn't want to sit on Real Madrid's bench.

It's not like he turned down lower offers from Liverpool or Man U and came to Newcastle for the spon.

Aye I seem to remember that at the 11th hour, Liverpool offered to take him on loan for the season and buy him in the summer of 2006 for the £8m they got for him only Madrid told them to get fucked.

In the end he had two options - sit on Madrid's bench or play for us. It wasn't greed that drove him, it was the desire to go the the World Cup in 06.

NEVER have i seen a player disrespect his former club the way Owen has with us to think of all the money he has conned out of us. Declared himself unfit for our last home game then coming on as a sub at Villa and do fuck all then 6 weeks later bingo he`s super fit.

I just hope the smug bastard breaks BOTH his cruciate ligaments, metatarsals and a few other bones and goes bankrupt.

Not that im angry mind.

I'd worry if a professional footballer wasn't fit to pass a medical having had 6 weeks rest and no physical injury.

You need to move on tbh. If he's as bad and as unprofessional as everyone is making out, surely you'd just be happy he's off the payroll?

Guest alex
NEVER have i seen a player disrespect his former club the way Owen has with us

Get fucking real man. You could probably list at least half a dozen still at the club who've took the piss far more than he ever has here.

Declared himself unfit for our last home game then coming on as a sub at Villa and do fuck all then 6 weeks later bingo he`s super fit.

;)

Fancy a player getting fit over a period of 6 weeks. What a healing bastard!

NEVER have i seen a player disrespect his former club the way Owen has with us

Get fucking real man. You could probably list at least half a dozen still at the club who've took the piss far more than he ever has here.

too right. Barton, perhaps. viduka, who played 1 game last season as if it meant anything to him.

owen does what he does, score goals, he's not been quick enough or creative enough for some time to stretch defences. In possibly the least creative team i've seen in a few years, he was always bound to struggle. I take on board about the greed and the self importance btw. thats what premier league players are all about....

Edited by canofbeans

Craig,

How do you feel about him being asked to get stripped 3 times at the Villa Game? (Think it was alex who mentioned it) Assuming its true?

Not having a dig or anything as I know it must be difficult to motivate yourself whilst being employed by the current lot, but then again surely he sould be up for it for the fans? Hmmm difficult one

Guest alex
Craig,

How do you feel about him being asked to get stripped 3 times at the Villa Game? (Think it was alex who mentioned it) Assuming its true?

Not having a dig or anything as I know it must be difficult to motivate yourself whilst being employed by the current lot, but then again surely he sould be up for it for the fans? Hmmm difficult one

It was from a pretty reliable source as well.

And I think he does owe us / the club whatever people say. I'm not exactly in the hang him high club but I'm not his biggest fan. I know Shepherd created the situation whereby he cost the club £41m but still, the fucking wages he's had from us, the least he could have done was shown some more commitment at the end. I appreciate he's not the sort of player who can create chances out of nothing etc. but I still don't think he was giving it all either. Then again, who was? Probably about 2 or 3 of them can hold their heads up in that regard.

If it were true, I'd be more concerned that Shearer still put him on despite it.

Especially when we still had Ameobi, Smith and Gutierez on the bench when he came on.

Given Shearer's supposed disciplinary approach you'd have though the first time Owen refused he would be frog-marched to the changing room for an early batch so he couldn't pollute the rest of the bench with his attitude.

First I've heard of it but if it is true then yeah, it's not good... not good at all. Still maintain there are more that took the piss a whole lot more than him though - I'm failing to see why he's become the sole scapegoat aside from the fact that he was paid the most and was first out of the door.

He's not blameless - not by a long shot, but he's nowhere near as bad as people are making out.

If it were true, I'd be more concerned that Shearer still put him on despite it.

Especially when we still had Ameobi, Smith and Gutierez on the bench when he came on.

Given Shearer's supposed disciplinary approach you'd have though the first time Owen refused he would be frog-marched to the changing room for an early batch so he couldn't pollute the rest of the bench with his attitude.

tbf thats three good reasons why he had to go on.