BNP wins seats

LeazesMag

They shot down Gary Powers in the 1950's over their airspace, they also shot down a Korean jet because it was too close to Kamchatka Island in about 1983

Whereas the Yanks invaded Korea, Vietnam, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Grenada and funded Bin Laden in Afghanistan alond with dozens of other terrorist groups around the globe - if you want to keep score I think the west "wins".

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt there was some KGB infiltration into movements like CND at the height of the Cold War but you could say that about dozens of other organisations not to mention every branch of the Armed Forces but it doesn't make them sympathetic to the Soviet Union as a whole, does it?

it is true that the armed forces and services contained a few who had Soviet Sympathies ie Blunt for example who worked for MI5, but the entire movement of CND was sympathetic to the wishes of Soviet Russia and the KGB who knew it and had influence in it. I don't imagine for a moment that a lot of people in CND meant well and thought what they were doing was worthwhile but, in reality, they were gullible, they were demonstrating for a cause which was never going to happen.

I don't accept that for one moment. You can't just come out with stuff like that man. My Mam thought CND / the women at Greenham Common were a just cause in the early 80s and she's hardly Millie Tant out the Viz. Arguing they are / were gullible is an enitrely different thing.

of course she thought it was worthwhile, a lot of women did. A lot of blokes did too, there is nothing wrong with not wanting war and conflict.

I was just arguing about saying it applied to the whole of the movement. You can't say they were being secretly-funded by Russia on one hand then argue the whole of the movement / organisation was sympathetic to the wishes of the Soviets on the other. Surely you see the contradiction.

Hard to know if they were right or wrong like really. Perhaps there'd have been another world war with nuclear weapons or perhaps they were a huge waste of money.

I remember being quite paranoid about nuclear war as a young kid. Seems weird thinking about it now.

I was too, watching Threads and Terminator 2 didn't help. There's always something to be paranoid about.

They shot down Gary Powers in the 1950's over their airspace, they also shot down a Korean jet because it was too close to Kamchatka Island in about 1983

Whereas the Yanks invaded Korea, Vietnam, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Grenada and funded Bin Laden in Afghanistan alond with dozens of other terrorist groups around the globe - if you want to keep score I think the west "wins".

Did win didn't it? :lol:

I remember being quite paranoid about nuclear war as a young kid. Seems weird thinking about it now.

Funnily enough there is a parallel with the "war on terror" - I always thought it was over-hyped to ensure a docile populace.

I remember when the Russians downed a US jet over Korea when I was still at school (about 79?) and people being a bit worried and a teacher telling us that if it hadn't happened over Cuba it was never really going to happen.

83 that it was a Korean jet downed over Russian airspace travelling from America. I think Rocky 4 changed the world.

Funnily enough there is a parallel with the "war on terror" - I always thought it was over-hyped to ensure a docile populace.

I remember when the Russians downed a US jet over Korea when I was still at school (about 79?) and people being a bit worried and a teacher telling us that if it hadn't happened over Cuba it was never really going to happen.

83 that it was a Korean jet downed over Russian airspace travelling from America. I think Rocky 4 changed the world.

They spent a lot of time and money trying to shoot down the Blackbird but it was too high and too fast...Taking pics as it went.

NOt bad LM. :lol:

what's YOUR life experience then :lol:

NOt bad LM. :lol:

I am and have been everything you fear. :lol:

I do think Russians are cunts though for reasons I'll discuss in full, but this isn't the thread to do it.

Thought they did more for us in WW2? :lol:

They did but it was like Man Utd beating Sunderland to save us from relegation by one point. Our benefitting was incidental, they went round Germany raping the kraut women.

Edited by Stevie

NOt bad LM. ;)

such as ? A Mig-31 pilot :lol:

I do think Russians are cunts though for reasons I'll discuss in full, but this isn't the thread to do it.

They did but it was like Man Utd beating Sunderland to save us from relegation by one point.

:lol:

One thing fo shu the East Germans are much nicer than the regular Germans.

NOt bad LM. ;)

what's YOUR life experience then ;)

I miss the old "Foxbat". :lol:

NOt bad LM. ;)

:lol: .......surely you can't be suggesting that he put his life experience on an internet forum...... :lol:

Edited by tooner

NOt bad LM. ;)

I miss the old "Foxbat". :lol:

the Mig-31 replaced it .......

NOt bad LM. :)

such as ? A Mig-31 pilot ;)

I miss the old "Foxbat". ;)

Yup.

It hasn't come as a shock to me you know a fair bit btw. I've had my eyes on your rants for a while. :lol: :lol:

They did but it was like Man Utd beating Sunderland to save us from relegation by one point.

:lol:

To you, because they probably still hold you for a spy of the KGB/Stasi... :lol:

NOt bad LM. :rolleyes:

what's YOUR life experience then :)

I miss the old "Foxbat". ;)

Yup.

It hasn't come as a shock to me you know a fair bit btw. I've had my eyes on your rants for a while. ;):lol:

were you a spy ? :lol:

;)

To you, because they probably still hold you for a spy of the KGB/Stasi... :lol:

I should quit this thread as I've already gone up 10 places on "list". :lol:

NOt bad LM. :nufc:

what's YOUR life experience then :rolleyes:

I miss the old "Foxbat". :)

Yup.

It hasn't come as a shock to me you know a fair bit btw. I've had my eyes on your rants for a while. ;):lol:

The old enemy is still the old enemy. ;)

NOt bad LM. :nufc:

what's YOUR life experience then :rolleyes:

I miss the old "Foxbat". :)

Yup.

The old enemy is still the old enemy. ;)

there might be a surge in the sale of Len Deighton books after this .......