Martins sold

Kid Dynamite

how does selling valuable assets affect the sale?

I think this must be good news.

If I'm buying a car, and the price is agreed, I've looked at it, expressed an interest to buy it, and then the seller takes the seats out.....

do you think that car is now worth exactly the same as before?

this is an indication of 1 of 2 things

1) the sale of the club is concluded and the new owners have given their blessing

2) there is no longer a formal bid for the club

Actually its an indication of 1 of 3 things, number 3 being a shit analogy...

We have a large overdraft and running costs that are above our income.

Selling an asset reduces the overdraft and narrows the gap between costs and income.

How is that anything like buying a car???

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm buying a car, and the price is agreed, I've looked at it, expressed an interest to buy it, and then the seller takes the seats out.....

1) the sale of the club is concluded and the new owners have given their blessing

Selling an asset reduces the overdraft and narrows the gap between costs and income.

Does it though? Or does it pay off a bit of Assley "debt" (that the club owes him)?

Does it though? Or does it pay off a bit of Assley "debt" (that the club owes him)?

It would depend on the arrangement with the bank with regards to the overdraft.

It would also depend on what arrangement has been agreed between any potential buyers and the fat one.

If they need to pay him £100m on buying the club then using the Martins money now would mean they only need to pay him £91m...

It would also depend on what arrangement has been agreed between any potential buyers and the fat one.

If they need to pay him £100m on buying the club then using the Martins money now would mean they only need to pay him £91m...

Or they may have to still pay him £100m. :)

Or they may have to still pay him £100m. :)

I would presume that any potential buyers have noticed the Martins sale and will want the money accounted for.

Unless Ashley is selling the club to himself and no due diligence is taking place.

Let me explain in real simple terms, the club is valued at £100 by the fat lad, that includes all player contracts, overdrafts the lot, everything to do with NUFC.

So someone places a bid, that is a bid to take on owernship of everything, what do you think will happen if, whilst the sale is going through, someone then sells a player and uses it to pay off the overdraft? the terms of the sale has now changed as the OD is less and the playing squad is less

you can't do that unless you have agreement with every bidder, at an advanced stage with a preffered bidder, or there are no bidders

you are right it does narrow the gap, but you can't do that without resetting the bidding process, it doesnt matter what arrangement there is with the banks, if there are bids in place, and this hasn't been agreed with them, the terms of sale has changed, making it null and void

Edited by sandman02uk

So this either means (i)we are not and never were for sale, or (ii) there is an agreement in place to sell allowing for the interim sale of players somehow, or (iii)Ashley is a total and utter fucknuckle.

Yes?

Edit: I appreciate (iii) exists without (i) or (ii) being the truth, near the truth or nothing like the truth.

Edited by trophyshy

So this either means (i)we are not and never were for sale, or (ii) there is an agreement in place to sell allowing for the interim sale of players somehow, or (iii)Ashley is a total and utter fucknuckle.

Yes?

:lol: yeap although gut feeling is its option 3

I think we've been for sale since the day he bought us. I also think there'll be some interested parties. I reckon the price is the stumbling block.

I think we've been for sale since the day he bought us. I also think there'll be some interested parties. I reckon the price is the stumbling block.

it certainly looks that way NUFC is a huge draw to potential investors, but thanks to Fat Freddy the books are fucking appaling and people are walking away

it certainly looks that way NUFC is a huge draw to potential investors, but thanks to Fat Freddy the books are fucking appaling and people are walking away

I think Shepherd is partly to blame but what went before doesn't excuse in any way what's happened since. I don't think the actions of Shepherd / the previous regime are the main reasons holding up the sale either.

At least he looked like he was trying and gave an occasional sound bite towards the fans. Might only be token gestures but in the modern world of football, and with some of the cunts at our club, I wish him well in the future. He left Inter to come here remember, it would have been easy enough for him to have his agent bitching to the press about how we ruined his life ala owen

FS was only doing (badly) what other PL clubs were doing...Going into debt to build stadia and acquire players. He's not the anti-christ.

At least he looked like he was trying and gave an occasional sound bite towards the fans. Might only be token gestures but in the modern world of football, and with some of the cunts at our club, I wish him well in the future. He left Inter to come here remember, it would have been easy enough for him to have his agent bitching to the press about how we ruined his life ala owen

Not sure you could say that for last season. He was ineffectual and never seemed to be giving anything approaching his all.

FS was only doing (badly) what other PL clubs were doing...Going into debt to build stadia and acquire players. He's not the anti-christ.

Never said he was, but he's made a complete pigs arse of it

he did give us some good times though

Not sure you could say that for last season. He was ineffectual and never seemed to be giving anything approaching his all.

to be fair players like him need through balls to run onto, we didn't have a single player in midfield capable of doing it, or anyone decent enough to knock balls down to him that was fit. most of the time passes to our front men were either #1 punted up, or #2 passed out wide where the likes of oba/owen/shola etc were meant to hold them up and then had 0support anyways.

ah well i liked Martins, scored a reasonable amount of goals for us, be interesting to see how he does if he has a decent midfield behind him.

and like Kid Dynamite said he didn't release a brochure to get this transfer sorted :lol:

His movement was absolutely terrible though. Possibly the worst aspect of his game.

Good. And that's great money for him cos make no mistake about it, he is fucking pap.

Cracking fee for a player whose ability has went like his mental definition. Backwards.