• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/563375-excl...castle-utd-deal

EXCLUSIVE: Iranian tycoon close to Newcastle Utd deal

Iranian businessman Sirous Mahjoob on Thursday confirmed that he is in the final stages of negotiations to buy English football club Newcastle United.

In an interview with Iranian news agency ILNA, the UAE-based tycoon said that he hoped the deal would help to strengthen Iranian football.

My purpose in buying Newcastle is to help Iranian football,” he said.

Looks like we're moving :)

Iranian businessman Sirous Mahjoob on Thursday confirmed that he is in the final stages of negotiations to buy English football club Newcastle United.

In an interview with Iranian news agency ILNA, the UAE-based tycoon said that he hoped the deal would help to strengthen Iranian football.

Looks like we're moving :lol:

At least they'll ban women from the stadium. :nufc:

Fuck the European Super League, NUFC are joining the Axis of Evil

“My purpose in buying Newcastle is to help Iranian football,” he said.

“Without any question my love and passion for my country has made me want to create a bridge and a good relationship between Iranian football and British football. With this I could be part of making Iranian football grow.”

Mahjoob also said that one of his goals was to use Iranian players and coaches at Newcastle, and revealed that he has approached the ‘David Beckham of Iranian football', Ali Daei, with regards a coaching role at the club.

“Ali Daei is a definite priority for coaching the Newcastle team for the first season,” he said. “Daei is one of my close friends and we have had short conversations together, although we haven’t had serious talks with regards to this. After we purchase the club we will talk with Daei in regards to his presence.”

Daei is a former Iranian football player and coach. He is a former captain of the Iran national football team, is the world's all-time leading goalscorer in international matches, and briefly coached the national team in its failed attempt to qualify for the 2010 World Cup.

A spokesman for Mahjoob said on Wednesday that he wanted to bring Kevin Keegan back to St James' Park for a third spell as manager.

On the same day, Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias said that the troubled club – relegated from the English Premier League last season - could be in the hands of new owners “next week”.

Are we being fought over by yanks and iranians? fucking hell, who would have thought it?

Hans Blix will be demanding access to the data room at this rate.

I'll bare my ass in the window of the Iranian branch of Fenwicks if out comes of this

You'll look a right Burqa if you do !

I doubt this deal is Kosher.

Although, Daei might have a positive effect, with soem fresh ideas for the Tehran-ing sessions

"KEVIN KEEGAN could make a sensational return to Newcastle if a Dubai tycoon succeeds with a £100million bid for the troubled club.

....he is ready to meet Mahjoob in the next few days but that alternative deals are on the table.

It means the end is in sight for controversial owner Mike Ashley, whose £240m investment in the Toon has been a nightmare, culminating in relegation to the Championship.

Llambias said: "We are dealing with several people and giving most of our time and attention to the sale.

"You must remember that some parties make offers but when it comes to putting up proof of funds they are a long way from sealing a deal.

"But I can say we are very close to completing a deal and it could happen next week."

On Tuesday, the Singapore-based Profitable Group, fronted by ex-Liverpool star Steve McMahon, pulled out.

Whatever happens, it seems that caretaker-boss Chris Hughton will be in charge......

So I guess the reasons Martins were sold were all down to Ashley? If new owners were in place or just around the corner then surely la fuck monkey Llambias wouldn't have said that? although he is prone to telling the odd porky pie.

Edited by JUICE690