What should Shearer do

Christmas Tree

If AS gets the job next week, what should he do with JB.

Should he stick by his guns and drop him / sell him

Or give him a stiff talking to and let bygones be bygones.

He is one of our best players and I hope they can kiss and make up.

Afraid to say, let bygones be bygones. Noone is going to pay anything much for him, and we've already done (touch wood) the hard yards with him. May as well persist and try to get some value out of him on the pitch. I don't agree that he is one of our best players, however he does have the potential to be.

Pretty much. The squad is too small as it is plus he is one of our better players. But, Barton can't keep taking the piss.

Would like him to stayto be honest with you, I think AS first job should be to get shot of strola! Barton will come good and to be honest is our best mid fielder by far IMO.

So he is one for the keep net for me. I think COLON should go too, he just keeps putting in shite peformaces game after game.

Is it right Barton has been ripping the piss out of our argies by mentioning the war too them.

please tell me thats not true??

From the sunday sun and they reckon thats what it was 'the war', might get the fuckas out the door quicker tbf, keep it up Joey.

JOEY Barton will not start against West Brom today after walking out of the club's training ground on the eve of United's first game of the season.

The Scouse midfielder - who is no stranger to controversy - is understood to have had a disagreement with Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez before storming off the training field.

Is it right Barton has been ripping the piss out of our argies by mentioning the war too them.

please tell me thats not true??

From the sunday sun and they reckon thats what it was 'the war', might get the fuckas out the door quicker tbf, keep it up Joey.

JOEY Barton will not start against West Brom today after walking out of the club's training ground on the eve of United's first game of the season.

The Scouse midfielder - who is no stranger to controversy - is understood to have had a disagreement with Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez before storming off the training field.

SO lets get this right, The Sunday Sun is reporting Barton may not play today? fuckin on the ball as ever that lot :lol:

Barton is the sort of guy you build a team round, not in a creative sense but is defiantly a leader....

whatever he's got going on up there (and I don't think he's thick as shit) is actually rare in modern day players they want to get home to their wags and cars and screw the rest.. I don't think that'd do for Joey

I think a lot of his frustrations are because he is not being given the authority 'to lead' when that is his natural role.

Barton is the sort of guy you build a team round, not in a creative sense but is defiantly a leader....

whatever he's got going on up there (and I don't think he's thick as shit) is actually rare in modern day players they want to get home to their wags and cars and screw the rest.. I don't think that'd do for Joey

I think a lot of his frustrations are because he is not being given the authority 'to lead' when that is his natural role.

totally agree. the guys a complete fruitcake but so was Roy Keane. You gotta have someone at the helm who is strong but also knows when to back off when the player (barton) is right. lets face it, jonas and side show are not the most committed players we've ever had at Newcastle!! sounds to me like he just pointed this fact out to them!

Barton and Smith in central midfield for me. if we have to play Nolan, put him in an advanced role behind Carroll.

Hes a muppet, but we cant afford to get rid with the size of our squad really.

I would rather see Jonas go and have Barton stay, we need grafters in the Championship, not showboat fannys.

Oh and Shearer isnt manager and wont be IMO for another season so he cant do fuck all.

another who can do a job at this level but can we afford the wages and his attitude? it'll only be a matter of time before he either kicks off with another team mate, spits at a fan, assualts a ref etc