Well, well, well, another victory against a mediocre..

accadacca

side which the CCC is full of.

I will say it until I am blue in the face - nothing is going to stop Premier League footy being obtained this season.

6 of the present squad could be sold and replaced by inferiors and promotion would still be achieved.

When are the pessimists on here going to realise this ??

That crowd last night will also give great encouragement to those GENUINELY interested in buying from FMA - close £0.5M in footfall gate money alone.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prozac has a lot to answer for

what you on about man :D

you still not convinced eh ?

you are one of these lads on the board that fear half the teams in the CCC like the guy who fears going to Palace ??

I know who should be on prozaic, and it aint me. :icon_lol:

I admit we have had a good start but it's best not to get carried away at least til the after the end of August. Then we can see what team we will be playing with all season.

you are one of these lads on the board that fear half the teams in the CCC like the guy who fears going to Palace ??

No-one's talking up the opposition. It's been 3 matches, let's not get carried away, eh?

No-one's talking up the opposition. It's been 3 matches, let's not get carried away, eh?

Yup, let's wait until we've played at least 4 away games ... and then we may have an idea of how this season will shape up.

And let's not forget the inevitable injuries, too!

oh for fucks sake

A hundred quid says we will not storm the league this season under Ashley.

ps please tell me your reasons why not ?

Its simple, history tells us. For starters we have 11 days left of the transfer window. If the clubs not sold in the next 3 or 4 days then we will see those 6 players and possibly more leaving. So lets see how well we do without Barton, Smith, Taylor, Jonas, Sideshow Bob, Enrique or any other combination of £2m+ rated players.

If we're still doing well come January then he'll sell whats left.

So to define storm I mean get promoted by any means.

oh for fucks sake

Its simple, history tells us. For starters we have 11 days left of the transfer window. If the clubs not sold in the next 3 or 4 days then we will see those 6 players and possibly more leaving. So lets see how well we do without Barton, Smith, Taylor, Jonas, Sideshow Bob, Enrique or any other combination of £2m+ rated players.

If we're still doing well come January then he'll sell whats left.

So to define storm I mean get promoted by any means.

Plus we have no manager to speak of, with the threat of JFK returning etc.

I think if things stay exactly as they are (i.e. no transfers in or out), we will fall well short of promotion once the usual injuries set in. Only a fool would judge our progress after 3 days, and yesterday we struggled at times.

But this is what is so fucking frustrating. If Ashley made just a small investment in the future on a manager and playing staff, we really could storm the league and we'd all be laughing, the fat one included. But time has almost ran out on us and it could well be a season of 'what ifs'.

side which the CCC is full of.

I will say it until I am blue in the face - nothing is going to stop Premier League footy being obtained this season.

6 of the present squad could be sold and replaced by inferiors and promotion would still be achieved.

When are the pessimists on here going to realise this ??

That crowd last night will also give great encouragement to those GENUINELY interested in buying from FMA - close £0.5M in footfall gate money alone.

I'm an avid reader but never post (Grammar and etiquette here may prove that!) such stupidity however warrants response.

It is impossible, irresponsible even, to suggest promotion is guaranteed 3 game sinto the season!

You post like it is a right to go back up, rather than a priveledge the lads must earn.

1 point eventually cost us relegation last season, and quite simply the same could yet happen at the top of the championship table this year.

Lets enjoy the results while we have them, support the boys, dream of better times, and if and when promotion arrives, ill be the first to hit the piss in celebration!! (Being a kiwi, world time allows me the luxury of being first!)

We hung on with the skin of our teeth for yesterday's victory, second half was mostly them attacking if not all of it and they forced good saves from Harper. They were good opposition really, and next two CCC games will produce a draw/loss imo Crystal Palace and Leicester are harder opponents, Nigel Pearson has had a flying start with Leicester and Crystal Palace are fuming over that phantom goal incident they dismantled Keano's Ipswich the other day who are supposedly promotion favourites.

I still reckon we'll finish 4th-5th, but if we get sorted out we'll finish 1st or 2nd imo.

Edited by Amir

I admit we have had a good start but it's best not to get carried away at least til the after the end of August. Then we can see what team we will be playing with all season.

Aye we had a decent start 3 games in last season, before the Assley effect had time to kick in. :icon_lol:

Admittedly we're doing better than expected, and that may well be down to the quality of the league, or just plain luck. :D

But we've still got the problem of a very small squad, potential to lose more players, and we still might have more Assley madness.

The other thing is that there are teams that do "storm" the Championship, then go straight back down in disastrous fashion.

As said we have had a good start but anybody that actual watches football knows that it only takes a few injuries or a few bad games and it could turn from there, although Obi has a couple of good games i really cant see him scoring a hat full

oh for fucks sake

Howzabouts, squad too small, still a chronic lack of pace and creativity throughout the team, not forgetting that Ashley still presently owns the club and will continue assett stripping.

If the situation regarding the sale changes and the club changes hands and we actually buy some new players, we may go up but I doubt that we will storm it.

And as Fop suggests, even if we did go up we'd be in an even worse position than we were in the Premier League last season if we've still got the same owner.

Every team in the PL would absolutely hammer us right now.

If you think we were bad last season, we're much worse now(although there seems to be a better attitude around the squad).