Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

Anyone else beginning to think this whole Barry Moat "bid" is just a ruse by Ashley to either pacify the fans or to stimulate bid from others ?

Of course it is.

If he is "10 million short" then what use will he be as an owner? The club needs to spend that on the playing and manager side before 1 September.

There is another bid in which I am told is similar. Something about vendor loans and the like. I presume thats paying a chunk up front and then the rest spread over a period of time.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to see why anyone would put a deal in danger by not stumping up another £10m IF they had substansive funds waiting to be used - that's what worries me (assuming we take the actual bid as true).

I'd also say that there would be a point to doing a deal post window/pre January - the appointment of a competent manger instead of Hughton/Kinnear - I'm assuming O'Leary won't come without money available.

I have absolutely zero hope of the club being bought now, I'm expecting to hear that the club has been taken off the market, as the last time via, short nufc.co.uk statement, I think Hughton will be kept on as caretaker manager to save on a manager until the mighty Joe Kinnear is ready to take back over before christmas.

No money will be spent on players and at least another 3 players will leave, which will leave us with a paper thin squad.

We're fucked. But we've all suspected this for a while.

Anyone else beginning to think this whole Barry Moat "bid" is just a ruse by Ashley to either pacify the fans or to stimulate bid from others ?

Of course it is.

If he is "10 million short" then what use will he be as an owner? The club needs to spend that on the playing and manager side before 1 September.

There is another bid in which I am told is similar. Something about vendor loans and the like. I presume thats paying a chunk up front and then the rest spread over a period of time.

Or he's not willing to meet Ashley's prepostorous price?

y'know, given that the value of the club is only going to drop

Edited by The Fish

I find it a bit weird that people talk about the 10 or 20m short as if it's fuck all. "Oh come on! You're not gonna quibble over 10 million quid are you?!".

That's a lot of money when you're looking at buying a Championship club with massive issues from top to bottom, which requires more restructuring than most prospective buyers probably even realise.

I have no idea whether this deal is bollocks or not, but I suspect it is. But 10 million quid could realistically be enough of a stumbling block to end someone's interest and people should realise that and shouldn't talk about it as if it's such a trifling matter.

I find it a bit weird that people talk about the 10 or 20m short as if it's fuck all. "Oh come on! You're not gonna quibble over 10 million quid are you?!".

That's a lot of money when you're looking at buying a Championship club with massive issues from top to bottom, which requires more restructuring than most prospective buyers probably even realise.

I have no idea whether this deal is bollocks or not, but I suspect it is. But 10 million quid could realistically be enough of a stumbling block to end someone's interest and people should realise that and shouldn't talk about it as if it's such a trifling matter.

Especially when the price asked is already inflated by £10m or so. £70m for our club is a good deal for Ashley and he should fucking take it.

What I find strange is how Ashleys side seem to be able to break the silence rule and leak to the press at will where as Moats team say nowt.

And right there is the issue.

Both sides sign an NDA.

There is no offer from Moat. Or certainly not one which has gone as far as being accepted and arranging DD

Don't get me wrong - in a normal business context I agree with you - but the idea that keeps cropping up is that further investment is required and given the amount we'd need to make a big difference then £10m "should" be trivial in the context of our future.

£10m is a 50k 4 year contract - maybe we have too many of those around but we're going to need a few of them in the next few years if we are't going to die.

Ive got a mate who knows someone who works in a soliitors........... yeah yeah yeah i know :mellow:

but this bloke told my mate that moat has been in 'sorting out his finances'

From a purchaser's point of view it's no different though. Oh you won't give me the 10m? Ok I'm gonna take 10m worth of cash out/increase liabilities by 10m, and we'll forget about that extra 10m.

If you're the purchaser, the response is still no, fuck you.

Ok, cheers. I was thinking that he could just say he wants a % of the loan he was owed(not involving the new owners at all).

Actually, that bring up another point. With potential owners seeing the clubs accounts, do they see £15m or whatever in received transfer funds as part of a kitty, or would it be just put towards running expenses?

There'll probably be payments for 3 years spread for Oba / Beye / Bassong. They will be accounted for, as will payments the club still probably owe to other clubs for current / past players.

The Martins deal is probably 9m over 3 years - 1.5m every 6 months

It's all gone suspiciously quiet don't you think?

Apart from the daily rags regurgitating shite there's been no direct/indirect qutoes from potential buyers, the club or SP. Even the supposed people ITK have disappeared.

Edited by JUICE690

Seems like it's going to be a rather predictable repeat of last year.

Sell the players you can get a fee for, replace them with shit, and hope for the best with a yes man manager.

:o

Just like the Arsenal model Mike.

:mellow:

Twat.

Yeah its all gone quiet again this morning no repeated dross in all the rags

Calm before the storm me thinks

"Breaking news: Toon appoint Peter Shilton as manager - toon fans go ape shit"

I think we the club will be sold before the middle of next week or do I mean by the end of the month or was is it next year - I get so confused when I contradict myself all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Harris = Cunt

Derrik LameAss = Cunt

Mike Ashley = Cunt

Fucking Cunts

Feel much better now

I think we the club will be sold before the middle of next week or do I mean by the end of the month or was is it next year - I get so confused when I contradict myself all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Harris = Cunt

Derrik LameAss = Cunt

Mike Ashley = Cunt

Fucking Cunts

Feel much better now

Watch your mouth you cunt.