Jonas to Barcelona?

Giraffidae

No goal assists since November (I think Stoke at home) and no competative goals for the club.....and people used to be fuming when Robert got 12 goals and 15 assists in a season.

Fuck off Jonas, just because you run daft doesn't make you good.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was the one point in the game where he is running with the ball with no one around him and he was going straight to the corner... I was yelling at the telly "TO THE FUCKING GOAL YOU JACKASS!!!"

Kalli Nichta, bitch!

The squad's a lot better with him here whatever you think about him tbf. Who's going to play wide right or left instead of him? Ryan Taylor? Geremi? See what I mean? Andrew has a point.

aye thats just what we need lads

a smaller squad

I see what your saying chap but honestly, I'd rather have a smaller squad than have a slightly larger squad with a complete fucking incompetent talentless overrated lump of fucking blind-alley running, can't deliver a cross, ever, lived on the back of one fucking good game at Manure last season, where were the other 37 you greasy, goalscoringless cunt. Fuck off spider.

Katanga!!

One of the worst Argie int of all time? No more than an energetic utility player with no core skills.

He's good at beating his man. I wouldn't say he was even great at that though. He would be a more than decent championship player though I think. Provided of course that he is motivated. The point I would make is that, while I don't particularly rate him, he'll be replaced by an inferior player or not even replaced.

Edited by alex

I doubt he'll be replaced.

Duff--Smith--Butt--Guthrie

I reckon will be our midfield for the season, with Barton in prison/suspended/fighting with managers etc, and Nolan playing behind Shola.

Ryan Taylor was so bad on Saturday, I'd have played Jonas there just to get Raylor off the pitch.

I doubt he'll be replaced.

Duff--Smith--Butt--Guthrie

I reckon will be our midfield for the season, with Barton in prison/suspended/fighting with managers etc, and Nolan playing behind Shola.

Ryan Taylor was so bad on Saturday, I'd have played Jonas there just to get Raylor off the pitch.

Which should tell everyone how fucked we are with a couple of injuries to key players. And at least three of the people in your post have been injured most of the time they've been here.

Weird how people have changed from over-hyping him to over-criticising him. He's not a useful player for us in this league with this team. I wouldn't have gone to the extremes in this thread like.

doesn't work in a side that doesn't have good movement going forwards.

also cannot create anything from his poor range of passing.

if we get back what we paid for him i reckon we'd do ok... as long as its re-invested...

It'll be "invested" like the Milner cash. :lol:

He's not a useful player for us in this league with this team.

I dunno, while he has his obvious flaws at least he can carry a ball and that relieves a bit of the pressure on the defence and gives us time to push up a bit rather than finding the ball coming instantly back into our own half.

Weird how people have changed from over-hyping him to over-criticising him. He's not a useful player for us in this league with this team. I wouldn't have gone to the extremes in this thread like.

Not really weird, typical in fact :lol:

Thought he was going to be ace after his first couple of games. If only he could pass and cross he would be mint. Still think Keegan would have got more out of him ..

Will be on big money that we cannot afford however we cannot afford to lose anymore players.

Not really weird, typical in fact :lol:

I suppose irrational would have been a better word. It's daft, not out of the ordinary.

By the by I think a player like Jonas wuold tear this league apart if he was in a settled team with a pacey creative midfielder to his right and a pacey mobile striker ahead of him. As we don't have either of those I don't think Jonas will work for us

Amazing how jonas buys so much good will and that he would be great ....if this or if that.....

He gets the ball, head down and runs to the corner flag where he either falls over, loses the ball or occasionally crosses a ball 2 foot off the ground.

What we need first and foremost is someone who can either one touch pass and keep the move going or whips a lovely cross in first time.

I thinks its telling that no ones been in for him yet.

Would love to see one of the youg'uns given the opportunity to shine like Krul did.

This!

Tbf though CT you could pick up on the numerous failures of every other senior player in the squad. It's more a case of not wanting another body to leave from my point of view. The scouting was a fucking joked when we had Wise and Vetere etc. but they haven't even been replaced so I don't see how you can hope a decent replacement could be found. Especially this late in the day. He's not that either bad fwiw.

Tbf though CT you could pick up on the numerous failures of every other senior player in the squad. It's more a case of not wanting another body to leave from my point of view. The scouting was a fucking joked when we had Wise and Vetere etc. but they haven't even been replaced so I don't see how you can hope a decent replacement could be found. Especially this late in the day. He's not that either bad fwiw.

I guess the problem we have with some of the first team squad is that they don't want to be with us. They can't all leave but the bigger earners will be shifted on if we get a decent offer. I suspect no-one's that interested in Jonas and Colo on current form and given the price demanded and their wages so we end up with players who don't want to be with us and we don't want. It's a nightmare really.

I think your point about replacements is spot on. The club's been like a car where the driver's taken their feet off the pedals and hands off the wheel. God knows if we can get anybody decent in now and whether they even want to. We might be stuck with the kids as back up.

I understand that position, but for me and lots of others he now falls into the shola category where you heart sinks when the team includes that person.

Once again on Saturday we had loads of possession that came to nothing through him. He is THE weak link for me.

I am sure after last season his team mates even feel half hearted when he gets the ball and hold back on runs because they know its not going to reach them.

He just doesnt seem to understand that you dont have to dribble. Quite often a first time lay off or cross would keep the move going but for some bizzare reason he just doesnt seem to get it.

Shola is worse, Colocinni is worse, Nolan is worse and, despite Sunday Smith is worse* and that's just off the top of my head. Not saying he isn't frustrating but to call him the weak link is a bit much. Re: what Kitman said I already mentioned motivation which could be a big problem for him and a few others this season.

*Edit: Not to mention Ryan Taylor.

Edited by alex

Meanwhile, the agent of Jonas Gutierrez has refuted claims Olympiacos are keen on signing the Argentina winger.

Pedro Bravo Jimenez dismissed the claim, saying: "Nobody from Olympiacos or any other club from Greece has been in touch with me about the player.

"There is no inquiry or offer. These reports are not true."

Panathinaikos also dismissed reports that they were set to launch a bid for Gutierrez’s countryman and Newcastle team-mate Fabricio Coloccini.

"There is absolutely nothing in that at all," a Panathinaikos Press spokesperson said.

"At the moment Panathinaikos is not in the market for any new players, it’s as simple as that."

Shit

Hardly a surprise though is it? I'd say he'll be about 40-50k a week which would probably pay for about half of their squad's wages.

I understand that position, but for me and lots of others he now falls into the shola category where you heart sinks when the team includes that person.

Once again on Saturday we had loads of possession that came to nothing through him. He is THE weak link for me.

I am sure after last season his team mates even feel half hearted when he gets the ball and hold back on runs because they know its not going to reach them.

He just doesnt seem to understand that you dont have to dribble. Quite often a first time lay off or cross would keep the move going but for some bizzare reason he just doesnt seem to get it.

Shola is worse, Colocinni is worse, Nolan is worse and, despite Sunday Smith is worse and that's just off the top of my head. Not saying he isn't frustrating but to call him the weak link is a bit much. Re: what Kitman said I already mentioned motivation which could be a big problem for him and a few others this season.

Cant Agree.

Those players may be poor, but are not directly responsible for attacking moves breaking down. Infact Nolan got an assist for the goal.

Nowt more to say on the matter if you even can't agree on that in all honesty as we'll never agree.

Amazing how jonas buys so much good will and that he would be great ....if this or if that.....

He gets the ball, head down and runs to the corner flag where he either falls over, loses the ball or occasionally crosses a ball 2 foot off the ground.

What we need first and foremost is someone who can either one touch pass and keep the move going or whips a lovely cross in first time.

I thinks its telling that no ones been in for him yet.

Would love to see one of the youg'uns given the opportunity to shine like Krul did.

This!

Sulaiman Al Fahim has revealed Portsmouth are in talks to sign Newcastle United winger Jonas Gutierrez and Egyptian striker Amr Zaki.

Dubai businessman Al Fahim has yet to finalise his protracted takeover of Pompey, but he has lined up additions to Paul Hart's squad.

Pompey boss Hart is eager to improve his numbers before the close of the transfer window and could soon have Gutierrez and Zaki in his squad.

Zaki spent last season on loan at Wigan Athletic and has been offered the chance to return to the Premier League by Portsmouth, while Gutierrez could also secure a move to Fratton Park.

Gutierrez has been tipped to leave Newcastle following the club's relegation to the Championship and he was linked with a switch to Olympiakos earlier in the week.

Al Fahim has confirmed talks have been held with the Magpies over a deal for Gutierrez and he also hopes to tie up a swoop for Zaki.

"We are in negotiations with Amr Zaki to bring him in on a loan deal with a view to a permanent transfer," Al Fahim told Emirates Business 24/7.

"We are also speaking to Newcastle about the possibility of bringing Jonas Gutierrez to the club."