This current squad is far too good NOT to go up.....

accadacca

Harper

Simpson - S. Taylor - Colo - Enrique

R.Taylor - Nolan - Smith - Guttieerez

Ameobi - Carroll

Cover for back four with Geremi/R.Taylor

Cover for midfield with Butt/Barton/Geremi/Guthrie

Cover for attack with Xisco and Ranger

IF that squad can be kept intact, having looked at the other squads of supposed main rivals, there is not a problem. This is not being a happy clapper or being over confident.

There is no certainty that any player will be sold before 1/9 - it is all pure speculation, and if FMA is going to hold on to the club, it is in his interests financially to keep this squad together.

A Premier League side will command far more than a CCC one, and with a trimmed down squad and 35,000 plus gates, he must surely see it is in his financial interest to hold on, sell no one else and get promoted.

Surely even he can see that ????? :icon_lol:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harper

Ameobi - Carroll

IF that squad can be kept intact, having looked at the other squads of supposed main rivals, there is not a problem. This is not being a happy clapper or being over confident.

There is no certainty that any player will be sold before 1/9 - it is all pure speculation, and if FMA is going to hold on to the club, it is in his interests financially to keep this squad together.

A Premier League side will command far more than a CCC one, and with a trimmed down squad and 35,000 plus gates, he must surely see it is in his financial interest to hold on, sell no one else and get promoted.

thought this was NO for a moment. :icon_lol:

Harper

Ameobi - Carroll

Why is the OP getting abuse? much to my dissapointment, I couldn't name any other team in the championship with a better starting XI than Newcastle's. However questions can be raised over whether the squad will be deep enough to keep up a promotion challenge for the whole season, whether Hughtons managerial skills are good enough to keep newcastle pushing for promotion all season, are also questionable.

Also despite you loosing some players, your squad still looks superior to that of Burnleys, Hulls, Stokes, Portsmouths and Wolves in the prem.

Edited by KingHarkinian

We are criticise for being deluded and at the same time criticised for giving a dose of reality to the deluded.

Fuck me :icon_lol:

Your recent form, suggests that setting sights on automatic promotion isn't really that deluded. Yes the league is long and can be a drag, but it would suprise me if you were even to conceede goals in double figures looking at the way things are going.

Middlesbrough are likely going to be the only side who are going to give you a game...

We are criticise for being deluded and at the same time criticised for giving a dose of reality to the deluded.

Fuck me :icon_lol:

Your recent form, suggests that setting sights on automatic promotion isn't really that deluded. Yes the league is long and can be a drag, but it would suprise me if you were even to conceede goals in double figures looking at the way things are going.

Middlesbrough are likely going to be the only side who are going to give you a game...

Throw in a few injuries.

Then throw in a few player sales.

Then throw in as many injuries as we've averaged per season in the last decade.

What do you come up with?

He does get far too much abuse for being optimistic on here, its not like he goes and does it on the SSN cameras making us look deluded, its just a messageboard.

And if ashley kept everyone we have now we could get automatic promotion, its not far fetched, it would obviously require some luck with injuries and doing some dealing in January, but its far from impossible. This division is pretty poor no matter how much people say it isn't, whats required of us is fight, effort, stamina and character for 46 games, to match the other teams an then our quality will see us through most games. And so far much to our surprises the players have been well up for that challenge.

Obviously an injury crisis could cause us some problems and unlike acca i'm not saying its certain, far from it, but when we're seeing our defence concede 1 in 4 games, when the Nolan's and Raylors are scoring goals and shola looks prolific it tells you what this divisions standard is.

Accadacca = Derek Llambias. I reckon it's how the directors think.

I can take abuse mate, but that is well below the belt :icon_lol:

Can't wait until the end of the season with the title won, and all you abusers bowing down before me and paying homage :icon_lol:

Can't wait until the end of the season with the title won, and all you abusers bowing down before me and paying homage :icon_lol:

Provided that we don't sign any more players.

Edited by Attain

It's not really that surprising that the OP is so optimistic. We've played three of what would have been considered favourites for promotion and only considered one goal. Boro and Cardiff look like the only other strong teams in this league and Boro when they lose Tuncay and if they lose Wheater and Huth will look a hell of a lot weaker.

As things stand we look like we should be challenging come the end of the season.

Having said that the older members on here are fully aware that as always we will get some sort of injury crisis at some point and if that comes in defence we have a some total of two senior players who come into Saturdays back four and cover. And they are Ryan Taylor and Geremi. We have no wide midfielders other than the two that started on Saturday and a striker who cost us about £5m yet four managers haven't thought worth a game.

That's without selling anyone else which at this stage seems far more likely than us buying anyone.

This squad will continue to be in it's current state for the rest of the season and when that happens then we will see how realistic the optimism is.

Predictions for our first season back up then?

Hey if we win the league i'm sure most wont mind. :nufc:

If we get promoted I'm sure the last thing on people's mind would be to go and tell Accadacca he's right. :icon_lol:

Thing is we all know it's possible... but only if the miraculous happens and we get no injuries between now and next summer. Unless we bring some more faces in to bolster the already thin squad though it's all very unlikely.