Harewood on loan next week.

Christmas Tree

He's a very poor mans Martins if you ask me and my opinion of Martins is not good..

Isnt Harewood more of a big tall target man instead of a shorty who runs around a lot? I could be wrong, but thats the impression I got

yeh hes 6 foot 1 or so, more of the pace and power player than little quick striker

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.com speculating as to whether he'll take the number 9 shirt. I truly hope he doesn't.

Can't be any worse than giving it to Martins.

Shouldn't have the 9 shirt, but he'll do a good job for us.

I'd rather he had the shirt and was banging in the goals rather than it remain vacant and we start slipping up....

I think at times we attached too much precious sentiment to that shirt and lest we forget, the likes of Rob McDonald have worn it in the past!

.com speculating as to whether he'll take the number 9 shirt. I truly hope he doesn't.

I'd rather he had the shirt and was banging in the goals rather than it remain vacant and we start slipping up....

I think at times we attached too much precious sentiment to that shirt and lest we forget, the likes of Rob McDonald have worn it in the past!

There have been some hideous number 9 incumbants over the years but for me it would be yet another stark reminder of how far the club is from where it should be.

There have been some hideous number 9 incumbants over the years but for me it would be yet another stark reminder of how far the club is from where it should be.

We're getting a bit above ourselves if we say "aye you're fit to wear the shirt.......but not THAT one!"

It's immaterial man... the same 11 players will be on the pitch regardless of what number they've got on their back.

I like that it holds a sort of mysticism. Call me sentimental, but I want heroes in that shirt. :huh:

Harewood may very well become a cult hero at the club, "deserving" of the honour of wearing the famous number 9. I'd much rather he wore Number 10 and banged in a few goals, then were to be "promoted" to the number 9 shirt.

I know that it's daft, but it's a piece of Newcastle folklore that the incumbant owner can't fuck up.

I like that it holds a sort of mysticism. Call me sentimental, but I want heroes in that shirt. :huh:

Harewood may very well become a cult hero at the club, "deserving" of the honour of wearing the famous number 9. I'd much rather he wore Number 10 and banged in a few goals, then were to be "promoted" to the number 9 shirt.

I know that it's daft, but it's a piece of Newcastle folklore that the incumbant owner can't fuck up.

This:

I agree to an extent with your sentiment Fish but that would lend the suggestion that all previous incumbants are held in folklore. Sadly that's not the case.

the very fact that we expect those that don the famous shirt to be excellent, should mean we keep it for those that excel.

Sure there've been miss-steps, but on the whole, our best players have worn it. I wouldn't be surprised if we'd had more heroes wearing Number nine than haven't...

may I say that there are notable exceptions to every rule, obviously Beardsley is one of (if not our very ) best player

It was certainly a shame that after Cole/Ferdinand/Shearer it fell to Martins - not exactly Rob MacDonald but still pale in comparison to the other 3.

As long as we get rid of Shola before he gets his hands on it.

At the time I thought Owen should wear it. Now, I'm ecstatic that he did not.

Christ imagine Stroller in the Number 9 hall of fame! Although, if he continues his goal scoring ratio of one per game at this level, could we say he doesn't deserve it?*

come to think of it, what is his Goals to minutes played ratio overall? I know he bags a few in Europe.

*yes, yes I suppose we could

It was certainly a shame that after Cole/Ferdinand/Shearer it fell to Martins - not exactly Rob MacDonald but still pale in comparison to the other 3.

As long as we get rid of Shola before he gets his hands on it.

While I know he was not ideal.

He did score a bit of goals and quite a lot them looked quite good. :huh:

don't really care that much about the number 9 either. ideally, it is worn by a top class centre forward but when are we realistically going to attract one of those again? i'd be happy for shola or another new forward to take it. we've had some great number 9s down the years but it's not like we need to retire the number or anything

If Harewood gives a toss and is rarely injured I'd like to see him wear the number 10 too. Would make a pleasant change from the previous incumbent.

I agree to an extent with your sentiment Fish but that would lend the suggestion that all previous incumbants are held in folklore. Sadly that's not the case.

I was going to say you could argue in Fish's lifetime most of them who have held it have had some wonderful mystique about them. But then I forgot he's the wrong side of 30 these days.

By the way, what's the news on Jonas returning?

I can't seem to find anything.

He can't either. :huh:

Never mind Jonas, whats happened to Accadacca!!!!!

Hasnt been seen for over a week.

Was the blackpool defeat too much?

Has he been banned?

Freeee eeeeeeee Acca dac caca!

By the way, what's the news on Jonas returning?

I can't seem to find anything.

He can't either. ;)

Never mind Jonas, whats happened to Accadacca!!!!!

Hasnt been seen for over a week.

Was the blackpool defeat too much?

Has he been banned?

Freeee eeeeeeee Acca dac caca!

He can now see how easily it can unravel, so I guess his apetite for posting has been diminished. :huh:

I was going to say you could argue in Fish's lifetime most of them who have held it have had some wonderful mystique about them. But then I forgot he's the wrong side of 30 these days.

:huh: No I'm fucking not, you cheeky little gobshite!