CHRIS HUGHTON - manager of the month in the Coca-Cola Championship.

Christmas Tree

When this is announced as it surely will be in the next few days, will the medias reaction be.....

1. Fans clamour for Hughtons appointment

2. Delusional geordies still want Shearer

P.S. Coming Soon, Abbadacca's "call me delusional but Hughton will win this every month thread". Only Joking Abs :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the shit he has had to try and block out of the player's minds and be able to get them performing i think he totally deserves this. 13/15 points and top of the league. Lets hope it continues.

How much is it to do with Hughton, though ? After all, he can only pick his strongest team at any one point; it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who they are each game, such are the lack of numbers.

Maybe the results are actually due to the remaining players getting their act together for once?

Or maybe it's just that our players are actually better than any of the rest in The Championship, as knaccaspacca says ?

Not having a go at Hughton, just putting some 'feelers' out.

One thing Hughton deserves major, major credit for is hanging around this joke of a club whilst all this shit is going on.

How much is it to do with Hughton, though ? After all, he can only pick his strongest team at any one point; it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who they are each game, such are the lack of numbers.

Maybe the results are actually due to the remaining players getting their act together for once?

Or maybe it's just that our players are actually better than any of the rest in The Championship, as knaccaspacca says ?

One thing Hughton deserves major, major credit for is hanging around this joke of a club whilst all this shit is going on.

Probably virtually very little and it is probably the normal caretaker honeymoon before it goes tits up scenario.

I personally give a lot of credit to the players for the change in spirit and everyone knows that once you start winning, everything seems to go right.

Still credit to him for sticking in and handling himself very well.

Think that's a bit harsh on houghton.

I think he has had a whole summer to get the team sorted and getting them together. He has done a really good job.

As much as risk it would be to give him the job full term. I really don't think it would be wise to give someone else the job until it starts going bad.

Probably virtually very little and it is probably the normal caretaker honeymoon before it goes tits up scenario.

I personally give a lot of credit to the players for the change in spirit and everyone knows that once you start winning, everything seems to go right.

How can you say that? It had to take someone to turn things around, these were the same players who were losing game in game out last season. It took someone like Chris Hughton to get the morale flowing again and getting the players playing like they should. Full credit to him. I know we have lost aload of players but the majority on the pitch now are the same as last season.

I think he has had a whole summer to get the team sorted and getting them together. He has done a really good job.

As much as risk it would be to give him the job full term. I really don't think it would be wise to give someone else the job until it starts going bad.

Exactly

How can you say that? It had to take someone to turn things around, these were the same players who were losing game in game out last season. It took someone like Chris Hughton to get the morale flowing again and getting the players playing like they should. Full credit to him. I know we have lost aload of players but the majority on the pitch now are the same as last season.

Rubbish im afraid. Chris Hughton is a good coach, period. If the first 4 games are down to Hughton, were the last 8 shearers fault?

The credit has to to the players. For whatever personal reasons they have raised their "fighting" spirit. Some may have been trying to attract the eye and some might have realised the eyes of the world were upon them and they had something to prove.

Personally I think with some of the "rich boys" gone, the likes of Smith and Barton (remember the argy bargy) have helped generate a great team spitit that has grown with every win.

I don't agree. Hughton has been very modest with his deserved (and impressive) success, but has already admitted he may not be the man to turn it round when it inevitably goes wrong, which it will. That's the real test of a manager. So if we wait until results and performances drop, what do we do then? Surely it's better to be pre-emptive and restore him to a coaching role, which he seems more comfortable with, rather than wait and seek a manager out of desperation.

Rubbish im afraid. Chris Hughton is a good coach, period. If the first 4 games are down to Hughton, were the last 8 shearers fault?

The credit has to to the players. For whatever personal reasons they have raised their "fighting" spirit. Some may have been trying to attract the eye and some might have realised the eyes of the world were upon them and they had something to prove.

Personally I think with some of the "rich boys" gone, the likes of Smith and Barton (remember the argy bargy) have helped generate a great team spitit that has grown with every win.

Good team spirit and morale is generated by good leadership on and off the field. To give all the credit to the players is disrespectful to Hughton and Calderwood who have obviously put alot of work and effort into turning us into a match winning team. By your reckoning then we could of had no manager since we got relegated yet we would still be where we are now. Yet numerous players have come out and heaped praise on Hughton and co for what they have done over the summer and how they have increased their confidence.

how do you pronounce hughton? I've heard at least 4 possible pronunciations

how-ton

hugh-ton (as in grant/laurie etc)

hutton

even huf-ton

Edited by Andrew

Good team spirit and morale is generated by good leadership on and off the field. To give all the credit to the players is disrespectful to Hughton and Calderwood who have obviously put alot of work and effort into turning us into a match winning team. By your reckoning then we could of had no manager since we got relegated yet we would still be where we are now. Yet numerous players have come out and heaped praise on Hughton and co for what they have done over the summer and how they have increased their confidence.

Aye the fickle bastards calling for him to get the job are the same ones that were shouting for Shearer a few weeks ago. :)

It's all about £££'s for Assley though, that's the only thing that will fuel that decision.

It's slightly bizarre we're not getting the general media/fan :) we got for an "inexperience manager" that we got with Shearer, fair enough he's winning, but his record was also dire in the Premiership during his times in charge there.

It's slightly bizarre we're not getting the general media/fan :) we got for an "inexperience manager" that we got with Shearer, fair enough he's winning, but his record was also dire in the Premiership during his times in charge there.

Noone ever gets criticism when they're winning and he didn't really get long enough in the Premier League to make a real impact. Shearer was an easy target because he was so high profile.

If it aint broke dont fix it. Houghton will do until we start sliding. I agree with the comments that with the big time charlies gone, a lot of the players have realised that maybe they dont carry the same stock and thus have to graft to get out of the league theyre in to prove to other clubs in the Prem that theyre worth it.

As alluded to above, if he gets it permanently then the kak will be balls deep.

Interesting to see if cunty features bothers with an appointment at all. Most likely he will assess that we don't need one, but won't want to give Hughton a different contract which would require a payrise. Rockin' all Over the World, tbh.

Part of the reason Hughton has got such a good team spirit going is that he is happy to work with the squad at his disposal. Good for now, but in the long term you would want a manager with a bit more ambition. That said, there's no guarantees Shearer or O'leary would have got these wins so credit where it's due.

We'd have found it hard to get anyone else in that could have done such a good job in what is shit times. Hes obviously got a good rapport with the squad and between him and Calderwood have worked hard to get us where we are.

More importantly hes done it all with dignity, I think hes more than aware of his own failings and isnt comfortable being in the role he is yet hes got on with it and worked hard

If it aint broke dont fix it. Houghton will do until we start sliding. I agree with the comments that with the big time charlies gone, a lot of the players have realised that maybe they dont carry the same stock and thus have to graft to get out of the league theyre in to prove to other clubs in the Prem that theyre worth it.

Perhaps that's why Hughton's done well - because we've got shot of a lot of the ego's and there are now more players that respect him.