Newcastle United v Plymouth Argyle

Deano

STaylor looked a different class today. Didnt put a foot wrong. Carroll and Ranger were good too. The self professed 'best player at the club', Barton, was fucking gash, as was Nolan

Agree with that apart from Nolan, thought he had an effective game, still, he's rapidly becoming the boo boy's favourite (not talking about you there KD). Caroll's goal and the outrageous skill he showed in injury time give me hope for him.

Barton - fuck off you cunt. Purely going through the motions, has the heart of a drug-addled charver - which he essentially is.

The one that confused me today was Smith. Ran around as captain loads, but I can't recall a single thing he did in posession. Was he ever in posession??? Odd. Never mind, I like the hair.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barton was useless today. Np passion, no energy, no pace...I thought he'd be one of the players to set us apart but he has been shit. He's shirked away from any responsibility within the team. I hope his legs drop off.

Enrique had a fairly dodgy outing too. Which isn't good but he was still our best defender. Two Pools was canny but nowt amazing.

Hughton started wrongly but I cant remember the last time an NUFC manager actually used subs effectively so kudos to him. Two up front needs to be the norm. Dutland Custard is lersh.

Hughton started wrongly but I cant remember the last time an NUFC manager actually used subs effectively so kudos to him.

Agree - imminent impact.

However the last time was probably Shearer bringing on Martins and McLovin.

Question is, will hughton have the cahonas to drop Barton. They were hinting on the radio that this may be a problem for hughton.

Cojones?

I don't rate Barton, never have, have never understood when people say he is the best midfielder we have, quality nobody else brings to the team, etc etc. He's never looked owt special, never, and I wish we'd sold him any of the numerous times we had the opportunity to.

Won an England cap in centre mid (think how hard that is nowadays) playing at Man City. Was instrumental in keeping them up the last season he was there. Was also class under Keegan if you saw those games?

Him looking shite and disinterested of course still stands. Imo its because the side should be built around him and he knows that, Hughton is not brave enough to give him license in the middle so sticks him out left.

No excuse for the lack of effort though.

Question is, will hughton have the cahonas to drop Barton. They were hinting on the radio that this may be a problem for hughton.

Cojones?

I don't rate Barton, never have, have never understood when people say he is the best midfielder we have, quality nobody else brings to the team, etc etc. He's never looked owt special, never, and I wish we'd sold him any of the numerous times we had the opportunity to.

Won an England cap in centre mid (think how hard that is nowadays) playing at Man City. Was instrumental in keeping them up the last season he was there. Was also class under Keegan if you saw those games?

Him looking shite and disinterested of course still stands. Imo its because the side should be built around him and he knows that, Hughton is not brave enough to give him license in the middle so sticks him out left.

He played in the middle yesterday and was still utterly shite.

I thought Plymouth were the worst team I've seen at St James' in about a decade, and to tell you what a mediocre toon performance it was, there was spells they had the ball for 2 minutes. We were in first gear most of the game, if we'd put it together the score could've been anything.

Hughton is an idiot for putting Guthrie on the bench, and am sorry like but I don't like this 4 4 1 1 bollocks when we're at home, with Nolan as the 1. As soon as Ranger came on with a two pronged attack we looked much much better. Back to Guthrie though, he's been a real spark since he came back, great goal against Leicester, top class cross for Carroll at Blackpool for his goal, and he's on the bench?? I doubt it like but I hope Barton reads this message board. Barton if you do I want you to know you are a fucking mug, you think you are too good for this league, and idiots on toon message boards coming out with statements like "Barton is clearly the best player in the division", you're shit, if you don't put 100% in to every game you are and always will be mediocre. Sooner you fuck off the better you scouse mug. Even the way he went off it was a disrespectful clap if you ask me. He should take a leaf out of Coloccini's book who's attitude has been much, much better very heartening.

As for the Green Army, Level 7 were singing it for them :o . What a great turn out by Plymouth though 2,200 fans, but dear me what a quiet support, they all sat for 90 minutes pound for pound the least animated support I think I've ever seen, fair play for the numbers though. Tom was right as well, completely childish like but nearly every PAFC fan I seen in the town had "green arrrrrrrrrrmeeeey" thrown at them. The atmosphere was probably the worst this season, but it still weren't that bad, and 43,000 on the back of a defeat to Blackpool, at home to the shittest side in the division, I've said before like, but when people have something negative to say about toon fans, you can rest assured, we are, always have been, and always will be the loyalest support that I know of in Europe. [/deluded]

Anyone else hate the coverage on The Football League show btw? I know they have a lot of games to get through, but why not spend less time on the coverage of the Plymouth fans journey and more on the game? From what I can tell here, Carroll hit the bar and almost scored with a bicycle kick (of which neither was shown). The coverage was just a quick run down of the goals and not much else...

Edited by Nyff

Anyone else hate the coverage on The Football League show btw? I know they have a lot of games to get through, but why not spend less time on the coverage of the Plymouth fans journey and more on the game? From what I can tell here, Carroll hit the bar and almost scored with a bicycle kick (of which neither was shown). The coverage was just a quick run down of the goals and not much else...

What a goal that would've been all his own doing too, I forgot all about that, I need to keep off the Weston's Organic Cider.

I thought Plymouth were the worst team I've seen at St James' in about a decade, and to tell you what a mediocre toon performance it was, there was spells they had the ball for 2 minutes. We were in first gear most of the game, if we'd put it together the score could've been anything.

Hughton is an idiot for putting Guthrie on the bench, and am sorry like but I don't like this 4 4 1 1 bollocks when we're at home, with Nolan as the 1. As soon as Ranger came on with a two pronged attack we looked much much better. Back to Guthrie though, he's been a real spark since he came back, great goal against Leicester, top class cross for Carroll at Blackpool for his goal, and he's on the bench?? I doubt it like but I hope Barton reads this message board. Barton if you do I want you to know you are a fucking mug, you think you are too good for this league, and idiots on toon message boards coming out with statements like "Barton is clearly the best player in the division", you're shit, if you don't put 100% in to every game you are and always will be mediocre. Sooner you fuck off the better you scouse mug. Even the way he went off it was a disrespectful clap if you ask me. He should take a leaf out of Coloccini's book who's attitude has been much, much better very heartening.

As for the Green Army, Level 7 were singing it for them :o . What a great turn out by Plymouth though 2,200 fans, but dear me what a quiet support, they all sat for 90 minutes pound for pound the least animated support I think I've ever seen, fair play for the numbers though. Tom was right as well, completely childish like but nearly every PAFC fan I seen in the town had "green arrrrrrrrrrmeeeey" thrown at them. The atmosphere was probably the worst this season, but it still weren't that bad, and 43,000 on the back of a defeat to Blackpool, at home to the shittest side in the division, I've said before like, but when people have something negative to say about toon fans, you can rest assured, we are, always have been, and always will be the loyalest support that I know of in Europe. [/deluded]

You're spot on regarding Barton, I really thought he might be carrying a knock till I realised he was just as laid back against Cardiff and by all accounts, Blackpool too. I thought the the majority of Plymouth fans might as well have had 'tourists' on the back of their shirts, a couple of hundred of them who would go to Hartlepool are good fans, the day trippers yesterday having a day out at SJP, however, were very poor.

I completely forgot about them not showing Carrols shot. To be fair, that Bell-end Smoggie they have working for them was never going to give us any good coverage/praise was he? His brief was the 'Good ol' poke' angle. I thought somebody may have mentioned the size of the (Newcastle Utd) crowd, though. If that had of been Man City or Sunderland then you wouldn't have heard the end of it.

STaylor looked a different class today. Didnt put a foot wrong. Carroll and Ranger were good too. The self professed 'best player at the club', Barton, was fucking gash, as was Nolan

I agree. His pointing and breathing exercises were outstanding.

Paul Sturrock said they took 2k+ to Sheffield Utd on Tuesday night last season. Thats pretty good going.

That is good going. How did they get on in their other away games? (I've got nowt against them by the way!) :o

I got up at half two on sunday morning for our Cardiff game, and got back on Monday morning at half one. How many good ol' pokes do we have to contend with and how many do we regularly take to away grounds near and far? Perhaps Bell-end smoggie would like to join us one away game? Or maybe not!

Cojones?

Cheap shot - yes, I saw those games, haven't missed a televised game in years.

He won an England cap because McClaren was trying to prove himself and trying to show he didn't kowtow to the Gerrard-Lampard central midfield pairing, with him having criticised those two for their poor showing at the World Cup. He's nothing special and has looked shit for months now. Rather have Guthrie.

I think it was when Barton was walking into the breakfast area and Lampard gave him a funny look. ''Don't worry fatty I'm not going to steal your breakfast'' said Barton.

"I've already got your hubcaps" he added

The clips on the BBC have a little more coverage than those shown on the Football League Show on Saturday night. Carroll's bicycle kick is on there, and what a goal that would have been!