Just went to have a nosey on NO

Jusoda Kid

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two blokes ganging up on Cath is ok though, eh? Nice work fellas :lol:

Ganging up??? LM wasn't even on when I posted, and as I've said I was basing it on what I was told as fact without reading the other thread. Even PP said if the accusations were true there was a case to answer. So read the whole thread Alex before you predictably tow the TP party line.

Plus and you ignore this, I apologised.

Edited by WDP

Right.

Cath is a Moderator on here, not an Admin. As such, she has no access to IP Addresses as all she can do is moderate the content, not the users or their network details.

In short, she can't possibly have done what she is being accused of - let this be the end of the matter.

Ganging up??? LM wasn't even on when I posted, and as I've said I was basing it on what I was told as fact without reading the other thread. Even PP said if the accusations were true there was a case to answer. So read the whole thread Alex before you predictably tow the TP party line.

I've glanced at the thread Stevie, it's pathetic. As is the putting the clocks back one. Possibly not in the way you think it is though.

Right.

Cath is a Moderator on here, not an Admin. As such, she has no access to IP Addresses as all she can do is moderate the content, not the users or their network details.

In short, she can't possibly have done what she is being accused of - let this be the end of the matter.

Well I say now I'm sorry, not for accusing anyone of anything, I only intimated it could be one version of what happened, but I unreservedly apologise.

I've glanced at the thread Stevie, it's pathetic. As is the putting the clocks back one. Possibly not in the way you think it is though.

riddler_comic_book.jpg

Firstly, theres nothing to say that this is what has happened and I cant see the "proof" in Caths posts on the other thread.

I agree that its not possible (as far as I can see) for a mod to suss a new user if all those factors are different but without seeing the posts LM made on NO under the new guise then I couldnt say whether he'd simply given himself away as such, tbf Leazes you do have a distinct posting style.

There is also a second possibility which does involve Cath and IP addresses which couldnt be helped and that is that Cath merely realised the IPs were the same on the two accounts, as a Mod you cant get away from the fact an IP is visible and see enough posts from one user and you could conceivably recognise an IP address.

Im not saying anything has or hasnt been done here btw merely giving my early thoughts on this as I prefer to believe in innocent until proven otherwise as you yourself well know Stevie.

The proof mate is in the post, she knew what I was touching on before I said it. She knew I had been banned on NO under another name [for the 2nd time, in a different location with a new pc, and also in both cases was "discovered" when I used the same IP to post on here]

Who told her that I had been banned on NO "a few days ago" ? Not me. I made only a few posts under this name [and the previous one] nothing to stand out at all - whats the point of making it obvious ????? Nobody knew, except myself and Catherine when she saw the ip number ? Is she the person who banned me briefly on here about a year ago until someone switched my account back on again ?

Personally, I wouldn't like mods on my forum using information like this, or any other information. We give our email addresses, ip numbers etc to register and there it should stay. You understand the meaning of "confidentiality" don't you ? What happens on Newcastle Online or any other message board is independent of Toontastic, and that is how it ought to be.

It's quite ironic to be told by a few people I make childish posts, most people do, its the nature of message boards, so what exactly is what your moderators doing here ?

Very disappointing, to see a 35 year old grown up woman acting in such a way.

More disappointing than seeing a grown man acting like a petulant infant?

Lets see Meenzer, you're not attracted to Catherine for obvious reasons, so what are you bothered about :lol:

Firstly, theres nothing to say that this is what has happened and I cant see the "proof" in Caths posts on the other thread.

I agree that its not possible (as far as I can see) for a mod to suss a new user if all those factors are different but without seeing the posts LM made on NO under the new guise then I couldnt say whether he'd simply given himself away as such, tbf Leazes you do have a distinct posting style.

There is also a second possibility which does involve Cath and IP addresses which couldnt be helped and that is that Cath merely realised the IPs were the same on the two accounts, as a Mod you cant get away from the fact an IP is visible and see enough posts from one user and you could conceivably recognise an IP address.

Im not saying anything has or hasnt been done here btw merely giving my early thoughts on this as I prefer to believe in innocent until proven otherwise as you yourself well know Stevie.

The proof mate is in the post, she knew what I was touching on before I said it. She knew I had been banned on NO under another name [for the 2nd time, in a different location with a new pc, and also in both cases was "discovered" when I used the same IP to post on here]

Who told her that I had been banned on NO "a few days ago" ? Not me. I made only a few posts under this name [and the previous one] nothing to stand out at all - whats the point of making it obvious ????? Nobody knew, except myself and Catherine when she saw the ip number ? Is she the person who banned me briefly on here about a year ago until someone switched my account back on again ?

Personally, I wouldn't like mods on my forum using information like this, or any other information. We give our email addresses, ip numbers etc to register and there it should stay. You understand the meaning of "confidentiality" don't you ? What happens on Newcastle Online or any other message board is independent of Toontastic, and that is how it ought to be.

It's quite ironic to be told by a few people I make childish posts, most people do, its the nature of message boards, so what exactly is what your moderators doing here ?

Very disappointing, to see a 35 year old grown up woman acting in such a way.

If you carry on with this ridiculous accusation, you'll find yourself banned from here too. I'm not accepting criticism of someone we've appointed for something that she clearly had no means to do.

You're being utterly pathetic.

Especially when he's been told she doesn't have access to the information he's accusing her of passing on.

What is wrong with people?

Firstly can I just say I don't care about Newcastle Online I just like causing trouble, makes things more interesting (immature blah blah etc aye aye aye). However, I think it's a bit of a cunts trick all round, someone gets a new PC, new IP, doesn't actually do anything wrong yet information is passed using this forum as the source, i.e. his new IP, cross referencing it on another board to get him ostracised. Yes, he is banned shouldn't be on there etc... but seems a bit sinister to me, you would think someone would get to 35 years of age and turn a blind eye to something so astonishingly petty.

You call me a cunt for doing something I haven't done, to someone else and that's not ganging up on me? I accept your apology on the basis that you're just an ill-informed, hot-headed idiot who hasn't got the sense to find out the facts before jumping in with both feet into a discussion which doesn't involve you. I thought you were getting better on here and I've almost enjoyed some of your recent posting but you've just proven yourself to be the same arsehole you ever were, and that's a real shame.

Firstly can I just say I don't care about Newcastle Online I just like causing trouble, makes things more interesting (immature blah blah etc aye aye aye). However, I think it's a bit of a cunts trick all round, someone gets a new PC, new IP, doesn't actually do anything wrong yet information is passed using this forum as the source, i.e. his new IP, cross referencing it on another board to get him ostracised. Yes, he is banned shouldn't be on there etc... but seems a bit sinister to me, you would think someone would get to 35 years of age and turn a blind eye to something so astonishingly petty.

You call me a cunt for doing something I haven't done, to someone else and that's not ganging up on me? I accept your apology on the basis that you're just an ill-informed, hot-headed idiot who hasn't got the sense to find out the facts before jumping in with both feet into a discussion which doesn't involve you. I thought you were getting better on here and I've almost enjoyed some of your recent posting but you've just proven yourself to be the same arsehole you ever were, and that's a real shame.

Cath said the 'C' word?! :lol:

and my previous username from a few months ago ?????

Stupid cow.

I don't even know what your username was from a few months ago - like I've repeatedly said; I have nothing to do with weeding out previously banned posters.

Why are you even bothered??

Cath said the 'C' word?! :icon_lol:

And she's going to say it again in reference to these two lunatics if they don't pack in! :lol:

Thank you. I never called you a c word though.

Lets see Meenzer, you're not attracted to Catherine for obvious reasons, so what are you bothered about :lol:

If we're playing that game, maybe you're bothered about me not being attracted to you. :icon_lol:

Is she the person who banned me briefly on here about a year ago until someone switched my account back on again ?

Do you want it in braille? I don't have the power to ban anyone, either here or there man!

Is she the person who banned me briefly on here about a year ago until someone switched my account back on again ?

Do you want it in braille? I don't have the power to ban anyone, either here or there man!

Maybe try Arabic.

Stop it man Cath, he'll be asking how to read braille on a PC screen next :lol:

I think Craigs post needs to be read LM, I hadnt even realised that fact but on checking it hes right...might have helped if Cath had put that fact in her posts though or if Id arsed meself to check that fact out! :lol:

On seeing the facts as they were presented ie that you'd been posting for a couple of days and did nothing to give away who you were then I was sceptical as to how they could have spotted it was you however posting for a month could well give it away as, to be fair LM you do have a certain style :icon_lol:

There was nothing in Caths post on the other thread that said she'd done what you accused, Stevie then jumping in without reading that made the situation worse. No as we do, would share the info on any banning, thoughts on a poster etc with all other mod/admins so thats how Cath would have known you'd been banned.

EDIT: and as far as Im aware you werent banned on here at any stage, I think you may have made an assumption on one of the many times I forgot to pay the bill and everyone was therefore suspended :lol:

Well I've said sorry if what I accused her of is definitively wrong, and thanked her for accepting my apology, hope no offence was caused and wish her well.