Fabrice Pancrate

bobbyshinton

NEWCASTLE United have signed French midfielder Fabrice Pancrate after a successful trial period with the club.

The 29-year-old has spent the past two weeks on Tyneside and has now put pen to paper on a deal until the end of the season with an option to extend.

Pancrate will wear squad No.21 for The Magpies, but United must wait for his registration to be ratified before learning if he can figure at Preston North End on Monday night.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, he was doubled over looking knackered at the end, too. If he can manage 30 mins next time, that would be progress. I'm just pleased that we've managed to sign somone who offers a different dimension to our play.

He's been on the bench for most of his career. I wonder when he last played a full 90 mins

I'd rather start him and see how much you get out of him, he's a pro athlete and pretty much at his peak age wise, i think even with his lack of games he can manage 45 mins and have a break at halftime and see what he gives you second half. Its going to take him forever to get match fit if you keep giving him little cameos here and there.

Meanwhile, Watford boss Malky Mackay pleaded poverty as the reason for his side’s failure to make the most of their pressure and possession.

“I had belief even before Nolan was sent off, because we were creating chances, and I felt the pressure we then put on them and the chances we had were deserving of getting something from the game.

“We need to be clinical. At times, that’s the difference. Their guy gets a chance in the last few minutes – however many million he’s cost them – and puts it into the top corner.”

We got him on a free, just like Lovenkrands who was free and his goal was aided by a player on loan.

Bitter prick.

Meanwhile, Watford boss Malky Mackay pleaded poverty as the reason for his side’s failure to make the most of their pressure and possession.

“I had belief even before Nolan was sent off, because we were creating chances, and I felt the pressure we then put on them and the chances we had were deserving of getting something from the game.

“We need to be clinical. At times, that’s the difference. Their guy gets a chance in the last few minutes – however many million he’s cost them – and puts it into the top corner.”

We got him on a free, just like Lovenkrands who was free and his goal was aided by a player on loan.

Bitter prick.

obviously not done his research on us TBH, its his own fault they lost

Bitter prick.

obviously not done his research on us TBH, its his own fault they lost

Obviously not been doing his research regarding players available for free, either.

There's plenty of managers who are bitter as fuck to lose to us. Warnock being a good example and also Pearson, who's Leicester should have won every match they've played according to him.

These managers seem to forget we haven't exactly spent a fortune, we have a very small squad and you only get goals if you actually score them as opposed to having chance after shite chance.

I seem to recall Alex Mathie scoring a peach of a goal v Sheff Wed; what happened to him???

And how many players have we seen over the years who can run and run and run, without much end product ?????

And then there's the lad's age, and the fact he came on a 'free'.

I haven't seen him (apart from his goal on tv), but I think we need wait a long while before we get carried away.

I seem to recall Alex Mathie scoring a peach of a goal v Sheff Wed; what happened to him???

And how many players have we seen over the years who can run and run and run, without much end product ?????

And then there's the lad's age, and the fact he came on a 'free'.

I haven't seen him (apart from his goal on tv), but I think we need wait a long while before we get carried away.

Let's hope he's not a flash in the pan. He may turn out to be a bit crepe though.

That's me finish btw ;)

Indeed: http://nufc.com/html/2000-10-16boroa.html

Mention of the diminutive ball juggler from Zaire via Colchester must be made with Government health warning - this man will break the spirit of the opposition on and off the field. Defenders will weep tears of frustration, while opposition fans trudge home to kick the cat or seek solace in the ale house. Me ? I worry about what he'll do to Stevie Watson on Saturday - the geordie boy may be advised to pre-book some trauma counselling sessions....

Quite simply, in 66 minutes spread over three sub appearances, this lad has done more to sell those hard-to-shift Milburn corporate places than a call centre full of dopey marketeers ever could. His perpetual motion style and dribbling prowess is enough to bring broad grins to the most cynical of toon fans, and with each touch, shimmy and jinking run, the memories of duffers like Maric and Brady are erased.

There must be a nagging doubt that what we're seeing from him is a once-in-a-lifetime spell of artistry, and that he'll return to playing like a mere mortal. In which case, make sure you see this lad in the flesh soon before the magic wears off. Equal parts Tino, Ginola and witchcraft, the Government will be trying to ban it soon for inducing mass hysteria.....

;)

Canny funny when you think what know-alls they are at .com and how they like to bring old stuff up when they're (occasionally) proven to be correct.

Bob Dylan (Simple Twist of Fate)

We sat in St James' park

As the evening sky grew dark,

We looked at him and he felt a spark tingle to his bones.

'Twas then he felt alone and wished that he'd gone straight

But he scored one from a simple twist, Pancrate.

• 5 weeks later...
Hughton: Pancrate can still make an impact

Jan 6 2010 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

CHRIS HUGHTON believes Fabrice Pancrate has plenty of time left this season to make a big impact at Newcastle United.

The Frenchman misfired against Plymouth Argyle in the FA Cup after missing a pair of good chances at Home Park.

However, Hughton feels Argyle’s boggy pitch stopped the 29-year-old in his tracks and has not ruled out involving Pancrate again at Reading on Saturday.

Pancrate smashed home a wonder goal in December and Hughton feels he can still make a major contribution to the season.

The United boss told the Chronicle today: “It was difficult for Fabrice.

“He is is a right winger, and the sort of pitch we had at Plymouth was not conducive for somebody you want to run at players.”

Hughton has been in reflective mood since the 820-mile round trip to Plymouth and insists there were still plenty of plus points to come out of the third-round tie.

He added: “What Tamas Kadar, Tim Krul and more so Nile Ranger, learnt on a difficult pitchwill be invaluable.

“Nile has been able to give us an impact from the bench.

“Here was an opportunity for him to start.”

Hughton feels the biggest lesson for Ranger in Devon came in his second-half confrontation with the Pilgrims’ Karl Duguid.

He added: “It is difficult when you are a young lad, and sometimes you forget how young he is.

“Ranger was up against hardened professional players, and you are not going to have your own way all of the time. He will learn from this.”

Hughton also feels Plymouth may have to revise their game plan for the replay next Wednesday at St James’ Park.

He said: “If I look at Plymouth’s game plan, it was very direct, looking to play off the big man up front and pick up a lot of the second balls.

“The reason why they play that way is because it is a strength of theirs – and also because of the conditions.”