Funny pictures thread

Zathras

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
Just got a start at a local haulage company with the same name as a former player of ours. 

It’s notorious for having an absolute wreck of a fleet, and so far, it seems entirely deserved. 

Does have a nice dissection room though…

Could tell you a tell you a tale or two about the owner 

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Alex said:

Could tell you a tell you a tale or two about the owner 

I did a week's work experience there. The experience was sitting around doing nowt then handballing boxes of chep tinned ham out of a full truck with another kid from my school. The son had Ferrari testarossa under tarpaulin in the warehouse as he was banned and I remember the father taking my mate's dad down to London to watch Bruno take on Tim wetherspoon, paid for everything. We did get a tenner at the end of the week but the lesson it gave me about what not to do was probably too late by that point as the damage was done. :lol:

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I did a week's work experience there. The experience was sitting around doing nowt then handballing boxes of chep tinned ham out of a full truck with another kid from my school. The son had Ferrari testarossa under tarpaulin in the warehouse as he was banned and I remember the father taking my mate's dad down to London to watch Bruno take on Tim wetherspoon, paid for everything. We did get a tenner at the end of the week but the lesson it gave me about what not to do was probably too late by that point as the damage was done. :lol:

The son with the Ferrari is now the owner. The dad must be long dead now. My uncle knew them both well as the dad in particular was bang into horse racing and was always at Gosforth Park. Apparently he was a good bloke and he built the business. The son fancied himself as a bit of playboy and got the Ferrari because he fancied himself as being a bit like Crockett off Miami Vice (the original 80s series) :lol: 

He nearly wrecked the business and the old man had to come out retirement at one point. 
The son got involved with a ‘well known family’ from the west end. They were using the haulage company to move some of their ‘merchandise’. The son then got cold feet and got a visit from said family asking if he’d like to buy some fire extinguishers. He didn’t get the hint and some vehicles mysteriously caught fire. 
The son arranged a meeting with them and took a bloke who fancied himself as a bit of a hard man as protection. The wannabe hard man had a gym off gosforth high street and was later involved in Newcastle Blue Star FC going bust. Which may have been more than just poor fortune. This wannabe hard man got kneecapped for his trouble shortly afterwards and ended up having part of his leg amputated.

The son who shares his name with a gif-happy poster went to the police and had an armed police guard for ages. I used to see them as his dad moved into some flats right next to where my mam and dad used to live at south gosforth. And they’d always be parked outside keeping an eye out when the son was visiting. 
Presumably he’s learnt his lesson as this was the best part of 30 years ago 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 4

I remember the son's name, couldn't tell you the dads. The son's flashiness rings a bell and now I think about it, it might've been him who was flashing the cash in London treating my mate's dad who worked for him. This would've been a couple of years before he got properly involved with the Ronny Gill's favourite fetish of the time, 'Tyneside Gangsters'!!!! :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Just got a start at a local haulage company with the same name as a former player of ours. 

It’s notorious for having an absolute wreck of a fleet, and so far, it seems entirely deserved. 

Does have a nice dissection room though…

Kuqi monster trucks ?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

@Monkeys Fist, get out now while you can! :lol:

I don’t plan on sticking around much longer than 6 months - this seems to be the minimum expected experience for Class 2 at reputable companies, so once I’ve got that I’m off. 

From Alex’s tales, I’d say the handover from father to Flash Batman’s Mate (?) would’ve been the last time the fleet was updated. 
I drove a truck on a paper tacho the other day :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I remember the son's name, couldn't tell you the dads. The son's flashiness rings a bell and now I think about it, it might've been him who was flashing the cash in London treating my mate's dad who worked for him. This would've been a couple of years before he got properly involved with the Ronny Gill's favourite fetish of the time, 'Tyneside Gangsters'!!!! :lol:

Ronald was the dad’s name iirc. Pretty sure he went by that rather than Ronnie 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Ameobi brothers - One out of three lorries will find its target

29 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Wishful thinking :smile:

Didn't Shola have some incredible goals to games ratio in Europe?

FI'sP

6 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Ameobi brothers, For all your European Freight Services - One out of three lorries will find its target