Taylor Crocked?

Martin

Caulkin is reporting that Steven Taylor damaged knee ligaments when he clattered Bednar.

If true these defensive recruitments could become tricky, as clubs realise we are desperate.

Had to come eventually. We've been lucky so far.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caulkin is reporting that Steven Taylor damaged knee ligaments when he clattered Bednar.

If true these defensive recruitments could become tricky, as clubs realise we are desperate.

I'd just read stuff about the Williamson deal being in doubt and Pompey wanting another 1.2m. My initial "Portsmouth can piss off and find somebody else to pay their debts" swiftly changed to "hold on, lets talk" on hearing the Steve Taylor news which we have to hope is wrong. Worryingly reliable journo on this one though and terrible news if right.

Very bad news. Very very bad news.

I guess now we'll get to see how Kadar does week in week out. Better to give him a run IMO rather than someone that's new to the club the calibre that is being talked of. We really are desperately short of cover across the back.

It was only a matter of time really, if true then i wonder why Hughton hadnt mentioned it already?

At least now we would be able to offer Curtis Davies regular football until the end of the season...definatly would be pushing all out for him on loan now!

the decline starts here. Will our new sooooopper doooper owner that we all waited for fork out a few million quid to stay on track for the premiership.

I dont think its quite as bad as that, we are still 6 points ahead on WBA and 3 points infront of Forest with a game in hand.

That being said we have a potentially tricky run of games coming up.

Palace (H) Should win

Leicester (A) Draw

Cardiff (H) Should win but will be a tough game

Derby (A) Should win, they are awful atm and hopefully players will want to prove point after 0-0 @St James Park

Swansea (A) Another tough away fixture but we should win

All games we should get something from but we really need to go up a gear.

Taylor arguably the most important defender we have at the minute as I think just about any of the other CBs form a decent partnership with him but not so much with each other as he's nearest thing we have to a big strong CB.

What makes you think Nolan, who is essentially an attacking midfielder, could play at centre-half? Barton's still injured as well, isn't he? I think you're the simple one like :wank:

What makes you think Nolan, who is essentially an attacking midfielder, could play at centre-half? Barton's still injured as well, isn't he? I think you're the simple one like :wank:

Hahaha

If any midfielder was going to drop into defence id of thought it would be Smith....not going to happen though.

Hahaha

If any midfielder was going to drop into defence it would be Butt....pray to whatever god is your's that it's doesn't happen.

FYP

Step up Mr Kadar!

Lets hope he can have a simialr impact as to what Bassong did...only this time we dont sell him :wank:

I'm afraid while Mr Ashley owns our club we will continue to sell our best players. Still, its being run like a business now which is what was wanted.

Anyway, what is your ex username ?

Step up Mr Kadar!

Lets hope he can have a simialr impact as to what Bassong did...only this time we dont sell him :wank:

I'm afraid while Mr Ashley owns our club we will continue to sell our best players. Still, its being run like a business now which is what was wanted.

geordie bairn

Step up Mr Kadar!

geordie bairn

aye, got you. Geordie Lad was better IMO still wtf

Step up Mr Kadar!

Lets hope he can have a simialr impact as to what Bassong did...only this time we dont sell him :D

geordie bairn

Summit like that :wank:

Step up Mr Kadar!

Lets hope he can have a simialr impact as to what Bassong did...only this time we dont sell him :)

Leazes man change the fucking record, you boring old cock. You're a grown man embarrassing himself by arguing like a 5 year old.

getting back on track, how bad is the injury. without taylor we don't have a biggish centre back. if i were running the board i'd get davies in. he's too good for the championship, but thats exactly what we need. maybe a permanent deal should be on the cards for him as well....?

Step up Mr Kadar!

Lets hope he can have a simialr impact as to what Bassong did...only this time we dont sell him :)

Leazes man change the fucking record, you boring old cock. You're a grown man embarrassing himself by arguing like a 5 year old.

Gem, I found the naive ignorant posts boring as fuck mate as I kept saying, and those who complained about the old regime have no grounds for complaint now, whether you like it or not.

We are going nowhere under Ashley, or nowhere near the level we should be at, just stating a fact. Fill the ground, make money, spend less and compete at a lower level. That, appears to be success to our new owner and what he wants and also what a lot of people wanted ie a business.

Fact. The sooner he is out the better although unbelievably there are people out there who could still be worse again.