Derby County -3-0- NUFC

Barney

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Derby have ridden their luck a little and we haven't created anywhere near enough.

A defeat was on the cards soon, but it's the number of goals conceded which really adds to it.

Ref & linesmen have been poor, but we've said that a number of times so far this season.

Move on to the Swansea game and put this behind us. Not great, but it's not like it's the end of the world. Just adds to the pressure as we've twice failed to take chances to put distance between us and the pack. It could go down to the wire.

tbf this result has been coming. take away the 5-1 against cardiff and we've been crap for a good few months now

That's a fair assessment imo. Dec and Jan saw us drop far too many points in games we should have won. You could argue that we've been unbalanced since our big injury spate in Oct really.

great result, solid performance, carroll played fantastic allong with routledge. Cant wait for the next game :jesuswept:

Edit - wait, i thought this was the cardiff thread :$

Edited by Kevin

Certainly piles on the pressure for Saturday's TV fest.

Forest are flagging of late, we need to hope they keep it up. WBA seem to be getting some consistency together. Going to be very close at the end of the season.

perhaps hughton was right not to pair nolan and guthrie in the middle until now. we probably do need one midfielder in the middle sitting.

i don't think he has the balls to drop nolan though. guthrie will probably be the one to miss out again when everyone's fit.

at least forest lost too. hopefully their little run will come to an end and we can win our game over wba

Smith and Guthrie.

But Hughton will keep playing Nolan because he thinks he's going to score again soon. Another away match so I think Hughton will revert to his more defensive formation with one striker. Probably Nolan with Carroll who will have long balls lumped towards him. Going to be a brilliant one to watch on the telly :jesuswept:

Against Cardiff Hughton set out with his new, more creative line up, to outplay the opposition. It worked (apart from the first 20 mins of the second half).

I wondered then

a) would he be brave enough to try it away from home and

:jesuswept: would it work?

I fear he'll now revert back to the cautious defensive approach against Swansea.

Edited by mikey the eagle

Not suprised...same old newcastle!

One good win and a contender losing and we cant follow up and take a chance!

With that team i was expecting us to go at them but we didnt...thats our problem away...Hughton is scared to go and try and beat teams away.

Shocking really.

I had this feeling we would lose to Derby, mirror-imaging their relagation season when we were the only team they beat and drew with.

However I didn't think it would be 3 nowt and they would knock us out of top spot.

Any positive thoughts I had about Hughton have now been reduced to negative ones based on his 3 player substitution. When you are behind and backs to the wall, Stroller is not the knight in shining armour nor cavalry.

Jonas at left back, Jesus fucking wept.

Spare me the platitudes and excuses about injuries and absent players, this is the same starting team that beat high-placed Cardiff 5-1, then three days later ran out and lost 3-0 to a low-placed team, Derby.

Anyone with high in the sky elated feelings of success had better get back to earth and accept the fact that we are not a good team.

One good win and a contender losing and we cant follow up and take a chance!

True. This has been a recurring theme across the season. We get a chance to steal a break and we blow it.

From the commentary it sounded like we were not at the races, with Savage dominating the midfield. The fact that Derby are already crowing about their glorious victory and advertising the match DVD is just plain sad.

We've been misfiring since before Xmas, with too many drawn games. Swansea have a good home record and Saturday's game just became a 6 pointer.

Edited by Bibble

I'm no where near as disappointed as I should be. We didn't deserve to break the clubs unbeaten record, it completely hides to a clueless outside world, just how wank we've been. 2419 away fans as well, shocking turn out by our support. Any other support in the country apart from Man Utd its a decent turn out 200 miles away in the CCC, for us though, an indictment of how shit we are.

I'm no where near as disappointed as I should be. We didn't deserve to break the clubs unbeaten record, it completely hides to a clueless outside world, just how wank we've been. 2419 away fans as well, shocking turn out by our support. Any other support in the country apart from Man Utd its a decent turn out 200 miles away in the CCC, for us though, an indictment of how shit we are.

Agree with the first bit wholeheartedly. Think the standard in this league is so poor we've been benefitting from out adequacy, rather than our supremacy.

Still think that's a decent turnout for a Tuesday night game at Derby. I'd be surprised if another club (other than forest) could have taken more in these circumstances. I think it was more to do with the time of the week, rather than an indication of how poor we are. We've been average all season and still managed to sell out our allocation.

Agree with the first bit wholeheartedly. Think the standard in this league is so poor we've been benefitting from out adequacy, rather than our supremacy.

Still think that's a decent turnout for a Tuesday night game at Derby. I'd be surprised if another club (other than forest) could have taken more in these circumstances. I think it was more to do with the time of the week, rather than an indication of how poor we are. We've been average all season and still managed to sell out our allocation.

just like the 70's and 80's. Hiding behind the support because the people running the club are shite and the team is 3rd rate.

just like the 70's and 80's. Hiding behind the support because the people running the club are shite and the team is 3rd rate.

Only third rate? I would of gone a shade higher to be fair..