O'Neil Left Villa?

wykikitoon

Any source on this rumour?

Hawksbie and Jacobs.

Them two are a good larf, aint they? I could listen to their patter all day long. :D

They are a pair of fucking gay lovers who are shite at radio presenting.

FYP

According to SSP some punter in Birmingham put a 500 bet that he was gonna leave so bookies started slashing their odds.

Denied by O'Neil...

maybe he couldn't get his bet on at the same odds..............

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill says he will not discuss his future with the club until the end of the season.

The former Celtic boss has said he will sit down with chairman-owner Randy Lerner to 'assess' everything when the time is right.

The 58-year-old is on a rolling 12-month contract at Villa Park which he says he 'hopes to continue'.

He insists, though, that he has more important things on his mind, mainly his side's press for UEFA Champions League qualification.

No fall-out

O'Neill rubbished suggestions that he has fallen out with the club's American owner.

"There is not an ounce of truth in the story that I have had a fall-out with Randy Lerner," he said.

"In fact, he called me earlier in the week to see where these stories were coming from.

"He was pretty surprised and also very supportive and it was good to hear that."

O'Neill heaped praise on Lerner for the financial backing he has released to help Villa contest for top honours.

"I have been delighted with the investment put into the club," he said. "I have been allowed to invest £80million on players.

"If the chairman decided to sell, and he has no intention of doing so, then he could get his money back with interest on four or five of those players.

Nonsense

He added: "It is nonsense to say that I want to walk away now. There is still so much to play for and there is a renewed determination to see it through.

"I will assess everything at the end of the season. I am contracted on a yearly basis and would hope to continue."

O'Neill did not give much away when it came to discussing his long-term future.

He simply said: "There is no such thing as a manager saying he is in it for the long haul.

"Possibly there is only one manager who could say that, somebody who has won dozens of honours, championships, European titles, who is based up in Manchester (Sir Alex Ferguson)."

They could always sack him and offer the job to Mark hughes. He'd be a slight upgrade if he's allowed to bring in his own staff, as he'd make Villa less of a 2 dimensional counter-attacking team.

I saw him on SSN earlier and I have to say I got the impression he'll quit at the end of the season - a lot of stuff about how far he'd taken the club and whether it could go further.

why would man u be talking to him? ferguson retiring sometime soon and I havent heard?

villas fans have become spoiled fast havent they?

from being probably the most boring club in the PL to challenging for the top four and they're booing the manager and team

why would man u be talking to him? ferguson retiring sometime soon and I havent heard?

from being probably the most boring club in the PL to challenging for the top four and they're booing the manager and team

amazingly, some of our "supporters" did that too when we finished 5th.

amazingly, some of our "supporters" did that too when we finished 5th.

and so on...

:D

I very much doubt that Mad Sir Alex will announce his departure to the public ahead of time - it would be amazingly disruptive - he will either explode on the touch line or walk in one day and say "I'm off"

I could see him saying to the Glazers "If we win in Yurop I'm off this summer" in which case they might want to have an option on MoN - and the Glazers won't leak to the Press