Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

Pardew wants Erik Pieters vil2_viking.gif in by the weekend according to Caulkin.

Good news. Good buy.

Guess this means Enrique will be away in the next few days then.

Guess this means it's a rumour.

Maybe but one which holds some truth.

We scouted him a couple of months back. I'd imagine about 4mil.

Good for you. Given we've been linked with all and sundrey over the last few weeks, and no signing has materialised yet, I'll wait until he's signed before I crack out the Pomagne and Pringles in celebration.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew wants Erik Pieters vil2_viking.gif in by the weekend according to Caulkin.

Good news. Good buy.

Good for you. Given we've been linked with all and sundrey over the last few weeks, and no signing has materialised yet, I'll wait until he's signed before I crack out the Pomagne and Pringles in celebration.

:lol: I think Pieters, that french kid and obertan will be confirmed this week. No striker.

Pieters isn't a patch on Enrique btw

True.

But Pieters looks to be a similar kind of fuck as Riise. Tidy player, young and massive resale value.

Edited by Deano

Good news. Good buy.

:lol: I think Pieters, that french kid and obertan will be confirmed this week. No striker.

Pieters isn't a patch on Enrique btw

True.

But Pieters looks to be a similar kind of fuck as Riise. Tidy player, young and massive resale value.

What French kid?

i checked pieters on fifa 11 and hes there but enrique is rated higher than him enriques rated at 76 overall and pieters is rated 73 so not much of an improvement in terms of quality

Shane Long to West Brom confirmed, £7m-ish.

More ambition than us?

£4.5m apparently. Even more reason to be annoyed.

Worse than Shola tbh.

So he only looked good last season when the cameras were rolling? And his goal tally last season doesn't say a great deal?

Shane Long to West Brom confirmed, £7m-ish.

More ambition than us?

£4.5m apparently. Even more reason to be annoyed.

Worse than Shola tbh.

So he only looked good last season when the cameras were rolling? And his goal tally last season doesn't say a great deal?

Jason Scotland got 29 for Swansea in the Championship; bought by Wigan and did fuck all.

Fact is, last season is the only one where Long has managed double figures. Not his first full season as the main striker either. Only brought to the club because he was mates with Doyle and to help him settle in better.

Shocking touch, oblivious to attacking moves unless someone pings a cross off his fat arse. No way he'll get more than 10 goals in the premiership; will probably manage just 5 tap-ins. Runs like he's shitting himself as well. Tends to think he's Ronaldinho and backheels the ball randomly several times a game.

Aye you've seen him play once or twice on telly, I've seen his entire Reading career and it isn't pretty. Something like 50 goals in 250 appearances, and that was mostly in a team where the wingers were competing to see who could get the most assists over the season. He's a poacher but needs 6 chances to put one away.

Nowhere near the calibre of striker NUFC need to sign to replace Carroll. WBA is about the right club for him.

Stoke sign Upson on a free. Pulis fucking loves centre backs.

The Daily Mail(who have a good record regarding our transfers) say we've been quoted £14m for Pavyluchenko.

Stoke sign Upson on a free. Pulis fucking loves centre backs.

The Daily Mail(who have a good record regarding our transfers) say we've been quoted £14m for Pavyluchenko.

Not sure whether Upson is still any good but would like to see us get an experienced CB in (not a Sol Campbell type knacker though). Obviously we can't afford to do this....

14 mill for Pavyluchenko is mental imo. Can't see us paying the fee or signing a 30 year old for that matter.