Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

Chelsea don't need to sell him though and why would they. Had a really good pre-season and I think he will play a few games this season.

The only thing is they have 50 million Torres, Drogba, Anelka and now Lukaku who cost over 20 million, so considering they only play one up front a lot of the time how many games will Sturridge get?

Edited by TicTacWoe

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is irrelevant Sturridge is a chelsea fan who said the other day he wants to be a chelsea legend, he's not going want to go unless its totally necessary, especially not to the likes of us.

My view exactly. Chelsea may have signed Lukaku and have Torres,Drogba and Anelka but the last two are coming to the end now both being in their 30s.

rumbles of Anelka going to PSG for his final payday (among many) which wouldnt shock me all that much

They were after Taarabt until QPR pulled the plug so i wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully it'd push Erding our way.

rumbles of Anelka going to PSG for his final payday (among many) which wouldnt shock me all that much

They were after Taarabt until QPR pulled the plug so i wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully it'd push Erding our way.

Pastores a very forward thinking player as well so you never know, I reckon erdinc is definitely going but where is anyones guess, he clearly doesnt fancy us and I wouldnt want him off the back of that

Heard a vague rumour that Pards is scouting Sulemanjani (sp?) in Holland.

22 year old from ajax? I thought he was more of a Ben Arfa type attacking mid than an out and out striker (ie what we need) not got much of a goal scoring record anyway looking at his stats

22 year old from ajax? I thought he was more of a Ben Arfa type attacking mid than an out and out striker (ie what we need) not got much of a goal scoring record anyway looking at his stats

He plays around the attacker (all ofensive sturmer)...Coming in from left or right or just behind a striker.

He was linked a couple of months ago and then it went quiet (Chronicle).

Aye, and he is more a midfielder, and they paid like £13m or something for him just after they sold Huntelarr so can't see that happening.

Either way he's not a proper goalscorer and not what we need like you said.

More upfront now. 13 goals last season. Take your point however.

I think this fella is more likely - fallen out with coach..

But with the end of the Martin Jol Era early December, it seems to be the end of the (short) Mounir El Hamdaoui Era too. With the coming of Frank de Boer, Mounir El Hamdaoui only seems negative in the press. In Frank de Boer’s first game as head coach against AC Milan, he benched Mounir El Hamdaoui. The Moroccan wasn’t happy with the way he heard that news. De Boer has admit he should’ve done that in another way. But the way El Hamdaoui reacted was a bit too much. A bad start, followed by an early holiday for the no. 9 after a talk he had with Frank de Boer. When he came back on January 4, the doctor said he was suffering from illness and a knee injury. Even though this is the truth, it’s not really credible after what happened before his holiday.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS535Bm_Vk1BMVOHjInnWL__phHfUHDBQb80gnd05K2cDbtoJAJ

I'd take him, especially as our squad is seriously thin. Doubt it will happen, he'll be quite expensive. (sulemanji - or however you spell it)

Edited by JoCo85

I'd take him, especially as our squad is seriously thin. Doubt it will happen, he'll be quite expensive.

Might be surprised I have a feeling we might spend some money. :D

We better do! It's getting a tad ridiculous.

Alan Pardew has made a personal check on Holland left back Erik Pieters as he lines up a replacement for Jose Enrique.

Spanish left back Enrique is expected to leave Newcastle for Liverpool this week in a £5.5m deal.

Newcastle boss Pardew flew out to watch Pieters, 22, play for PSV Eindhoven in their 3-1 defeat at AZ Alkmaar.

Pardew wanted to check on Pieters’ fitness as he recovers from a pre-season knee injury. He came off the bench to play the second half in PSV’s defeat.

Pardew also took the chance to watch PSV striker Ola Toivonen.

He is also interested in Tottenham’s Roman Pavlyuchenko and Peter Crouch.

Pardew expects to finalise Gabriel Obertan’s move from Manchester United on Monday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz1UNpp7dvh

Alan Pardew has made a personal check on Holland left back Erik Pieters as he lines up a replacement for Jose Enrique.

Spanish left back Enrique is expected to leave Newcastle for Liverpool this week in a £5.5m deal.

Newcastle boss Pardew flew out to watch Pieters, 22, play for PSV Eindhoven in their 3-1 defeat at AZ Alkmaar.

Pardew wanted to check on Pieters’ fitness as he recovers from a pre-season knee injury. He came off the bench to play the second half in PSV’s defeat.

Pardew also took the chance to watch PSV striker Ola Toivonen.

He is also interested in Tottenham’s Roman Pavlyuchenko and Peter Crouch.

Pardew expects to finalise Gabriel Obertan’s move from Manchester United on Monday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz1UNpp7dvh

ffs could they throw out any more names at random. He's also interested in Shane Long, Jermaine Defoe, Carlton Cole, Dean Windass, Craig Bellamy, Huntelaar, your mate's nana etc etc. :D

Having woke up a little hungover and without contact lenses, for a second I thought this thread was titled, "Transfer Talk 3011"

So in that case, I hope we sign Zlorp from the Planet Xyrgon 11 -- he's fucking class.

BBC

Southampton winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is having a medical ahead of a proposed move to Arsenal.

The deal is expected to be completed later on Monday or early on Tuesday, with Oxlade-Chamberlain signing a long-term contract at the Emirates Stadium.

Neither Arsenal nor Southampton are likely to disclose the fee but it is thought to be in the region of £12m.

The 17-year-old England Under-21 international will become Gunners boss Arsene Wenger's third summer signing.

More to follow.