Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

Tell you what like, when you think about places we need to strengthen, goalkeeper springs to mind as a top priority. Fuck me gently.

Probably had an epiphany that now Krul is the Dutch no.1 someone, somewhere will pay good money for him

Where's this myth come from? Stekelenburg was injured for 2 games and now Krul's number 1? :lol:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An injury to Tranquilo Barnetta looks set to scupper a move away from Bayer Leverkusen this month, his agent has confirmed.

Barnetta has been strongly linked with a move to Newcastle, whilst Wigan and Sunderland are also thought to have an interest.

However, speaking exclusively to skysports.com, his agent Franco Moretti has confirmed that Barnetta picked up an injury this week.

"It is unfortunate but Tranquilo picked up an injury this week, which means he is not even thinking about moving," he said.

"It is a muscle injury which could rule him out for three weeks, so at the moment his only concern is about getting fit."

There has been confusion about Barnetta's representation, but Moretti confirmed that he had held talks with Newcastle and that everything was going well.

"Newcastle acted properly throughout, we know somebody was claiming things they should not have been, but we wanted to make sure everyone was aware that the club did everything they should," he continued.

"Newcastle, and other clubs we have been talking to, have been very good with us.

"But at the moment a deal is not in the offing, although in football you never know - it all depends on how quickly Tranquilo recovers, it could still happen - but we will have to wait and see."

He also sought to shift the focus towards the club’s hunt for a new striker. Pardew said new arrivals were needed for everyone’s sake, although he admitted they had lost out in the hunt for Mevlüt Erdinç. “We need to bring more in. The problem I’ve got with the group at the moment is that they want to see one or two players coming through the door,” he said.

“The fans do. I want that to happen – I’m making it very clear to (managing director) Derek (Llambias) and (owner) Mike (Ashley) that we need one or two boys in this door, now.

“l have to say we made an enquiry about a player this week who we thought we had a chance of getting. And we’re told that he wasn’t for sale. That’s where that one is.”

He also sought to shift the focus towards the club’s hunt for a new striker. Pardew said new arrivals were needed for everyone’s sake, although he admitted they had lost out in the hunt for Mevlüt Erdinç. “We need to bring more in. The problem I’ve got with the group at the moment is that they want to see one or two players coming through the door,” he said.

“The fans do. I want that to happen – I’m making it very clear to (managing director) Derek (Llambias) and (owner) Mike (Ashley) that we need one or two boys in this door, now.

“l have to say we made an enquiry about a player this week who we thought we had a chance of getting. And we’re told that he wasn’t for sale. That’s where that one is.”

:lol:

How come its always one or two players we need no matter how many we sell or let go? :lol:

The inverse core number of the universal constant within a quantum field probablity apparently.

How come its always one or two players we need no matter how many we sell or let go? :lol:

It's a manageable number. Plus, missing out on one or two targets sounds better than three or four :lol:

It's fucking pitiful, isn't it. The bottom line is he's clueless.

All for free sorted:

GK: Richard Kingson

RB: Stuart Parnaby

LB: Jlloyd Samuel

CB: Matthew Upson

CB: Sol Campbell

MD: Jason Koumas

MD: Boudewijn Zenden

MD: Thomas Hitzlsperger

CF: James McFadden

CF: Marcus Bent

CF: John Carew

ALAN PARDEW says the Joey Barton's Twitter rage has done little to help the Magpies’ transfer quest this week.

As revealed in last night’s Chronicle, United are looking at Manchester United winger Gabriel Obertan.

Bayer Leverkusen's Tranquillo Barnetta is also on the radar.

However, when asked if he was interested in West Ham goalkeeper Rob Green, Pardew wrote off recent suggestions. :lol:

In a week Pardew had pinpointed for transfer activity, no new faces have yet joined the black and whites to the disappointment of fans.

When asked about transfers, Pardew told the Chronicle: “It is difficult when we are looking for transfers and maybe waiting for one or two players to come in.

“That has been our big problem, and that has frustrated the group, Joey and myself – we want one or two players to come into this building.”

Yet he did offer hope good news was forthcoming.

He added: “We are not that far away – but we already have some very good players."

Pardew also wanted to clarify to supporters Barton had not been isolated completely from other squad members.

He said: “With the Joey situation, I need to clarify two things.

“Firstly, I reflected on Sunday and did not think he was with us in that game.

“On the first day he was in, he would have trained with the development group, but they had a game at Gateshead so he trained with a fitness trainer.

“Yesterday he trained with the development group, and that is where he will continue to train until such time as this all gets resolved, we all calm down and Joey decides what he wants to do.

“Ultimately, Joey is in the driving seat.

“Myself and Joey have had a good relationship, and I think the fans will be surprised it is still intact with everything that has gone on.

“I am in the middle of some history here between the owners and Joey.

“I am trying to manage it as best as I can, but I have to have Joey being Joey.”

As the summer began I was a fiend for this site, checking 5, 6, 7, 8 times a day. Now I don't even want to look at it (and it's nowt to do with people on here) because the news is always bad.

'One or two players in' will be one player, and adding only one player to this already-small squad is just a joke.

All for free sorted:

GK: Richard Kingson

RB: Stuart Parnaby

LB: Jlloyd Samuel

CB: Matthew Upson

CB: Sol Campbell

MD: Jason Koumas

MD: Boudewijn Zenden

MD: Thomas Hitzlsperger

CF: James McFadden

CF: Marcus Bent

CF: John Carew

Mackems offered him a big contract apparently and his agent turned them down to try and start a bidding war. He's now admitted that he will probably have to accept half of what he was offered if he's going to find an new club in before the season starts

Snjedier to city done deal according to Gazetta and Marcotti

£30m transfer, £6m a year nett wages.

I'd assume the lower fee will have something to do with Tevez going the other way and his mental wages.

Mancini was saying they still need 3 more players. :lol: