Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

He ws dropped from the 1st team when he first went to PSV because of mistakes and poor performances. He's steadied since the new manager came in. Not a patch on Enrique imo.

Not being funny mate but Enrique isn't great, he is good but at times can be shocking. Remember his first couple of seasons too. Still best we got at the moment.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always rated him personally. I remember seeing him pass and move in his first season, one of our only players to actually make good runs without the ball, the only problem was that he had passed to Nicky Butt. I thought he could thrive in a better team. He has had some shockers, but they've been outnumbered by his good performances.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

I've always rated him personally. I remember seeing him pass and move in his first season, one of our only players to actually make good runs without the ball, the only problem was that he had passed to Nicky Butt. I thought he could thrive in a better team. He has had some shockers, but they've been outnumbered by his good performances.

agreed,he plays it out of defence well, hes quick and strong can tackle and run up and down for a full match

not much more you can ask of a fullback

Linked with Benayoun today, would have him in a heartbeat.

That will never happen, but what was the source?

If true, always good to know we are chasing even more midfielders and no hint of a decent striker coming in....

Linked with Benayoun today, would have him in a heartbeat.

That will never happen, but what was the source?

If true, always good to know we are chasing even more midfielders and no hint of a decent striker coming in....

Granted it was The Sun, Mirror and NUFC blog, all very reliable no doubt. I know it is a very slim chance as the man is 31 and on high wages, but he's worked with Pardew before.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-n...icle783568.html

I suppose it'll be for when (if) Barton goes.

Agreed all this talk about strikers and he's still chasing midfielders.

Edited by JoCo85

BBC : Arsenal midfielders Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri are both close to finalising moves away from the club.

Fabregas is on the verge of signing for European champions Barcelona for a fee believed to be about £35m.

BBC Sport also understands that Nasri is set to move to Manchester City with the clubs close to agreeing a fee between £22m and £24m.

NEWCASTLE United boss Alan Pardew has farmed James Tavernier on a month's loan to Carlisle United.

The young defender, who can play across the back four, impressed on the club's pre-season tour of America but Pardew feels he still requires some development in League One.

The 19-year-old will go straight into Carlisle's squad next Saturday for their trip to Bury.

BBC : Arsenal midfielders Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri are both close to finalising moves away from the club.

Fabregas is on the verge of signing for European champions Barcelona for a fee believed to be about £35m.

BBC Sport also understands that Nasri is set to move to Manchester City with the clubs close to agreeing a fee between £22m and £24m.

Guest Your Name Here

Asked to pick the five most consistent and influential NUFC players over the last two seasons I doubt you’d find much deviation from –

Carroll

Enrique

Nolan

Barton

Colo

Five players who have been the backbone of the post relegation turnaround. With three of them gone and Barton tweeting around the exit uncertain times lie ahead.

Robbie Keane off to LA Galaxy. I bet when the dust settles on this transfer window he'll look like an opportunity missed for us.

I dont reckon hes better than what we've got now tbh, few years ago youd have been right

Robbie Keane off to LA Galaxy. I bet when the dust settles on this transfer window he'll look like an opportunity missed for us.

I dont reckon hes better than what we've got now tbh, few years ago youd have been right

He would do a better job than Strola! At least he would graft!