Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

I'm sure we have been in talks with clubs about strikers but if our club won't part with the funds we aren't going to get anyone in. Blame lies with our owner and Lambias.

Thank fuck for clearing that up, I was starting to blame Pardew.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone praising Carr and our transfer squads can frankly eat their words with this striker nonsense, it's the one position we've known about the entire time for certainty that we needed at least 1 proper man in for the job. (really two decent strikers)

But no 8 months, a bundle of money, and we've been linked with about 10 different strikers in as many days ranging from some ridiculously out of our league it was laughable to the "jesus not him" to the "eh who from where?"

Thats not scouting, or strategic buys, it's completely and totally abysmal and either they were full of shit about buying someone, or they're really fucking useless at hunting for a striker, in the end it's descended into farce and panic, and the "we're in talks with PlayerX" have all been a pile of wank.

Even if they brought someone in now it makes a complete mockery of anything they've came off with in the previously, it's who they could get on short notice, not what we needed wanted or thought through.

Summing it all up in a word.

Shambolic

I wasn't aware it was up to Carr to do the negotiating on our transfer deals?

I'm sure we have been in talks with clubs about strikers but if our club won't part with the funds we aren't going to get anyone in. Blame lies with our owner and Lambias.

Thank fuck for clearing that up, I was starting to blame Pardew.

Some people do. Or they blame Carr.