Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

StevenoSchmidt on Twitter: "Word on Tyneside is that Bendtner might be signing tonight, keeping my fingers crossed. With more playing time he could be a gem. "

From the BBC site. Bendtner is very over rated really. Someone is causing mischief by linking us, via twatter, to Strola as well now! :lol:

Have you checked out that bloke's twitter history? before today he tweeted once to Barton when he was told he could go for free and before that discussed Carroll back in January. Very sporadic tweeting.

No I had not, as I have never looked at Twatter. Interesting. Twatter has made transfer deadline day much more frenetic.

Is 'nufcfans' a reliable Twitter source?

Just spoke to representative of Bryan Ruiz, says #NUFC have been in touch today but are yet to place bid. Fulham offer on table. #NUFC #fb

BurnsieBen keeps plugging them so no.

All of this loan business is shit and hurting the game. It should be limited to young players. This would stop clubs stockpiling players.

Its fucking absurd the number of forwards the likes of citeh have that they don't need but can't move.

Ruiz is a mint player I've probably watched Twent 6 times in the last couple of years, and he stands out head and shoulders their best player. However what EVERYONE is forgetting is, he's not an out and out striker never has been, he plays there now and then, but he's more an outside right in the old sense of the meaning, that's where he almost always plays in their formation, but that's not to say he couldn't do it in a classic 442.

We're getting into the familiar realms of us being linked to a different player every hour. Same thing as usual will happen, come 11pm we'll have signed none of them and the club will release some sheepish press release suggesting that they did all they could to try to do a deal yet none was possible.

Amazes me that people still expect anything but tbh.

Neilfarrington Neil Farrington

FC Twente president apparently saying that Ruiz is close to signing for Fulham - and that #nufc came in for him too late. #jptransfers

Familiar ring to that line....

FC Twente president apparently saying that Ruiz is close to signing for Fulham - and that #nufc came in for him too late. #jptransfers

Yup

Just what are our lot playing at?

Why take the risk of leaving it this late?

Now we'll get either no-one or someone inadequate even though we had money to spend.

Ruiz has a a great scoring record - why did we leave it till another club made a move before we decided that we should try for him ourselves?

Tried our best

value for money

hard when people know you've 35m to spend

etcetc

three words describe our hunt for a striker

Eight Months, Pathetic

How many more times are they going to come out with the same old shit and expect people to lap it up? When we sold Andy Cole, Keegan made damned sure he had a replacement lined up almost immediately.

The same Keegan who Ashley & Llambias claimed didn't have a clue.

I fucking hate these cunts but I've come to expect nothing else from them. It'd be a genuine shock if we signed anyone tonight (and that includes free transfers and loans).

Tried our best

value for money

etcetc

Eight Months, Pathetic

We got one.

Sell Carroll 35mill

Bring in Ba for nothing.

7 points from 9 to open the season....oh and a brace from Leon at the weekend....remember his hatrick in January?....

Jobs a good 'un says Del boy and tricky Micky :lol:

Time for another name.... :lol:

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

My colleague at Telegraph Towers Duncan White reckons #nufc are trying to sign Liam Ridgewell from #bcfc

Heskey to the Mackems. Please god let it be true... :D

Gyan to Galatasaray, with Heskey coming in would hilarious.

Effectively in 6 months Bruce would have swapped Darren Bent for Emile Heskey :lol:

Hold the phone .... Bryan Ruiz's agent tells us he will decide between Fulham and #nufc later tonight. #jptransfers

Saying as we have just beaten fulham, we are clearly the better team and he should come here

Farrington is trying to give this one some legs....

Hold the phone .... Bryan Ruiz's agent tells us he will decide between Fulham and #nufc later tonight. #jptransfers

Tried our best

value for money

etcetc

Eight Months, Pathetic

How many more times are they going to come out with the same old shit and expect people to lap it up? When we sold Andy Cole, Keegan made damned sure he had a replacement lined up almost immediately.

I fucking hate these cunts but I've come to expect nothing else from them. It'd be a genuine shock if we signed anyone tonight (and that includes free transfers and loans).

I thought Ferdinand was Coles replacement....didn't that come 7 months after?

Your right though we should of had someone ready.

Tried our best

value for money

etcetc

Eight Months, Pathetic

I thought Ferdinand was Coles replacement....didn't that come 7 months after?

Your right though we should of had someone ready.

Cole was sold in January, Ferdinand joined officially in June. Insiders at the club at the time reckon Keegan had an agreement with QPR before he agreed to let Cole go though.

Saying as we have just beaten fulham, we are clearly the better team and he should come here

Two mickey mouse clubs, one in London, one in the North, if you're a foreign cunt you'd be inclined to choose London.