Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you getting that about Sturridge?

Why would Chelsea send Sturrige (I'm assuming on loan) to a top four rival? Seems daft to me.

There was suggestion on Merseyside that Chelsea are massively keen on Meireles and offered Benayoun as a makeweight. Liverpool apparently came back and said that if they want Meireles that bad, Sturridge would be the makeweight.

Guest Your Name Here
I think were now resigned to signing nobody or a domestic striker

I know which one seems more likely :lol:

On a brighter note there doesn’t appear to be any hint of last minute bids for Colo, Jonas or Tiote.

Assuming nowt is going to happen, not expecting to be pleasantly surprised.

Fucking spackers man.

I'm only checking the thread to see which bint Deaders is fantasising about.

Pisses me off that we arent in for Bellamy :lol:

Like he'd come here after his recent comments in the press.

Meanwhile.....

DuncanCastles Duncan Castles

Sunderland still waiting on bank guarantees from Galatasaray on Asamoah Gyan fee. €6m + €2m in variables is the price. #safc

Isn't that a massive financial loss on what they paid for him?

Pisses me off that we arent in for Bellamy :lol:

Like he'd come here after his recent comments in the press.

Meanwhile.....

DuncanCastles Duncan Castles

Sunderland still waiting on bank guarantees from Galatasaray on Asamoah Gyan fee. €6m + €2m in variables is the price. #safc

Isn't that a massive financial loss on what they paid for him?

According to Beeb, BBC Newcastle say he hasn't put in a transfer request. Still doesn't mean the transfer to Gala can't be happening, of course.

Skysports site:

Sky Sports sources understand Newcastle could make a late move to try and hijack Fulham's swoop for Bryan Ruiz.

Fulham have agreed a fee with FC Twente for the Costa Rica international as Martin Jol looks to lure him to Craven Cottage

However, Newcastle are now believed to have entered the race for the highly-rated 26-year-old and have made an enquiry to Twente about a possible move.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew is keen to bring in a new striker before the close of the transfer window to bolster his attacking options and Ruiz is thought to be his top target.

Fulham remain favourites to land Ruiz as they have been in talks with the player for the last 24 hours and they are pushing to get the deal done before the transfer window slams shut at 11pm.

Doesn't sound too hopeful - imagine if we'd gone for him first?

Edited by Tecato

StevenoSchmidt on Twitter: "Word on Tyneside is that Bendtner might be signing tonight, keeping my fingers crossed. With more playing time he could be a gem. "

From the BBC site. Bendtner is very over rated really. Someone is causing mischief by linking us, via twatter, to Strola as well now! :lol:

StevenoSchmidt on Twitter: "Word on Tyneside is that Bendtner might be signing tonight, keeping my fingers crossed. With more playing time he could be a gem. "

From the BBC site. Bendtner is very over rated really. Someone is causing mischief by linking us, via twatter, to Strola as well now! :lol:

Have you checked out that bloke's twitter history? before today he tweeted once to Barton when he was told he could go for free and before that discussed Carroll back in January. Very sporadic tweeting.