Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomasson was a bit unlucky but didn't help his cause by being a bit of a tart. Andersson on the other hand was an unmitigated fairy who really should have meant Dalglish was constitutionally banned from ever signing a striker again.

Dalglish managed to dismantle a very good side and brought in some very average players whichever way you look at it.

Thomasson was a bit unlucky but didn't help his cause by being a bit of a tart. Andersson on the other hand was an unmitigated fairy who really should have meant Dalglish was constitutionally banned from ever signing a striker again.

Presumably you'd say the same thing about Bobby Robson after signing Carl Cort?

Don't get me started on his midfield players.

Downing reminds me of Wilcox a bit, i.e. canny left peg and a decent engine etc. The league's changed a bit since Blackburn won it though.

I'd go along with that, good comparison.

Looks like Dalglish is looking to throw a lot of stuff into the box for Carroll with Suarez nibbling. ;)

He reminds me of Steven Carr, if he was left footed and had hair. Better comparison imo.

news from Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun that we have made enquiries about taking Sturridge on loan this week.

Also news that Erdinc has agreed personal terms with us, however his agent demanding a big wedge has all but scuppered the deal.

Both stories in the Sunday Sun. Phones got hardly any signal so can't copy and paste.

news from Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun that we have made enquiries about taking Sturridge on loan this week.

Also news that Erdinc has agreed personal terms with us, however his agent demanding a big wedge has all but scuppered the deal.

Both stories in the Sunday Sun. Phones got hardly any signal so can't copy and paste.

I've posted the article in the "Where's the money gone thread", as there's a particular line that is very relevant to that topic.

I'm also not terribly comfortable with a loan move. Pretty pathetic that despite a massive cash injection we might end up with a loan player coming in. Small-time thinking.

I think he is worth the £20m given the current market but I can see why it might be better to get him in on loan just to make sure it wasn't a purple patch then buy when he has proven it.

That said, we wouldn't spend the money after the loan anyway.

I'm also not terribly comfortable with a loan move. Pretty pathetic that despite a massive cash injection we might end up with a loan player coming in. Small-time thinking.

I think he is worth the £20m given the current market but I can see why it might be better to get him in on loan just to make sure it wasn't a purple patch then buy when he has proven it.

That said, we wouldn't spend the money after the loan anyway.

You beat me to it.

Must say I have no problem with getting quality players on loan. How things are financed at the club should really be secondary to the team we field.

Can't see it happening like.

Guest Your Name Here

Not exact quotes (obviously) but the following sums up the club’s ever changing position on transfers this year...

Andy Carroll is not for sale

Every penny of the Carroll money will be spent on new players.

Every penny of the Carroll money will be spent on new players plus their wages.

Every penny of the Carroll money will be spent on new players plus their wages plus new contacts for existing players.

Every penny of the Carroll money will be spent on wages and painting the training ground, apart from the money we keep back for spending in January.

These free transfers cost a lot of money but we will be splashing the cash on a quality striker before window shuts.

Oh shit! All the Carroll money has vanished in a puff of smoke and it’s sell before we buy time.

By the time the transfer window shuts it’ll probably be...

We had to sell Enrique, Barton, Jonas, Colo and Tiote on deadline day to pay Wayne Bridges agent’s fees. We had to sell Krul to pay for some new carpets in the toilets.

I'd be very pleased to get Sturridge on loan. Him and Ba will make for an impressive strikeforce imo. I expect Ashley to sell us within 5 years and I'm expecting fuck all in terms of spending (on players) during his period as owner. In that context, Sturridge on loan would be the best you could hope for.

ManCity accept bid from Corinthians for Tevez.

A strange one that would yet suit all parties. Man City don't have to worry about facing him in European competition, Tevez is much nearer his family (fair play to him in a way, he's willing to take a step down for the good of his family), and Corinthians get a player at the top of his game (and also one with history at the club). The Brazilian league has vastly improved over the years so he'll still find it competitive.

Tevez has won everything worth winning domestically and I doubt he's taking a big pay-cut to move back to South America. Smashing player, but Aguero seems a very capable replacement.

Not exact quotes (obviously) but the following sums up the club’s ever changing position on transfers this year...

Andy Carroll is not for sale

Every penny of the Carroll money will be spent on new players.

Every penny of the Carroll money will be spent on new players plus their wages.

Every penny of the Carroll money will be spent on new players plus their wages plus new contacts for existing players.

Every penny of the Carroll money will be spent on wages and painting the training ground, apart from the money we keep back for spending in January.

These free transfers cost a lot of money but we will be splashing the cash on a quality striker before window shuts.

Oh shit! All the Carroll money has vanished in a puff of smoke and it’s sell before we buy time.

By the time the transfer window shuts it’ll probably be...

We had to sell Enrique, Barton, Jonas, Colo and Tiote on deadline day to pay Wayne Bridges agent’s fees. We had to sell Krul to pay for some new carpets in the toilets.

QFT ;)