Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chronicle saying we turned down Beye on a free and Bassong for 4 mil at the start of the summer.

Beye yeah but Bassong for half what we sold him for?. I doubt it

beye is 33 now and whenever bassong plays for spurs Im sure theyre sending out his twin brother who cant defend to save his life

I think he has far too high an opinion of himself to join Blackburn, so unless you offer him something ludicrous then I think he'd stay and chance his arm on a Bosman.

Would be worth watching him and Pedersen train together though :mellow:.

Anyway, you've been linked with a move with Defoe if the Turkish bloke doesn't come. I forget which paper it is in.

We won't get Defoe, but he'd definitely have done better with some of those balls Barton put through than the useless bastards we had.

Good to see that Beye and bassong's careers took off so well after walking out on us.

Has Beye played half a dozen games in two years?

i actually reckon shola would be alright with someone like defoe playing off him.

Just give defoe THE WORLD FAMOUS NUMBA 9 SHIRT and yer laughing ...

..(ar shit sorry forgot he has absolutely nee interest in joining pardews jordie nation revolution lololololol)

Birmingham still have a few of their "stars" ( Dann, Jerome, Foster), am I blindly optimistic in hoping we're waiting for them to get desperate to shuck the wages before swooping for them? Or players at clubs in similar positions?

yeah... probably

Birmingham still have a few of their "stars" ( Dann, Jerome, Foster), am I blindly optimistic in hoping we're waiting for them to get desperate to shuck the wages before swooping for them? Or players at clubs in similar positions?

yeah... probably

FOsters on his way to WBA last I heard, Danns had some offers in for him but not agreed terms with stoke and Jerome is shit

Very decent of most of the mackems on here saving us the bother of showing them up.

It's commonplace these days. It's almost like they are a bit worried...

yeah... probably

FOsters on his way to WBA last I heard, Danns had some offers in for him but not agreed terms with stoke and Jerome is shit

Fair enough, I was hoping we had some sort of transfer strategy :rip:

;)

I think the big frustration for me is that we started the window quite well. Cabaye, Mareaux, Abeid, Ba all came fairly quickly and I was hoping to maintain that momentum until the positions I was initially concerned about were covered. We've got one of the 2 Striker positions ;) , a Winger for either flank ;) and 1 central midfielder :icon_lol: . It's that final striker position I'm worried about. I know we could do with cover at left back (or replacement if Jose goes) and we'd benefit from a centre half who's an improvement on Saylor and Milliamson, and while Simpson has steadily improved I'd like to see competition for that spot at the very least.

Just wish we'd picked up Gamiero, that would have been seen by all but the most jaded as a very good window. Around £10m spent and five players brought in, four of them able to slot straight into the 1st team (regardless of their price, you can't argue with that).

Wouldn't mind Dann cttoi

At this juncture I think it's worth reiterating that Simpson is shit.

He has improved though. :rip:

The way I see it, the type of money we'd get for him and the quality we can attract and the dirth of talent out there, it's hardly worth it.

Like an Aaron Hughes situation. No point in selling him and his replacement wasn't an improvement

btb, what's you pic about then?

Edited by The Fish

At this juncture I think it's worth reiterating that Simpson is shit.

He has improved though. :rip:

The way I see it, the type of money we'd get for him and the quality we can attract and the dirth of talent out there, it's hardly worth it.

Like an Aaron Hughes situation. No point in selling him and his replacement wasn't an improvement

btb, what's you pic about then?

I think he started well and got worse, like the season before, worryingly.

And it's Christopher Moody's Jolly Roger.