Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

We've needed another striker even before Carroll left. Plenty of us were going on about the need for another striker last summer, no less.

They've had a ridiculous amount of time to sort it out, and have the money. There are no excuses as far as I'm concerned.

We'll get another LB in, absolutely no chance of us leaving Shane Ferguson as first choice. Simply unthinkable. I can see us not getting another striker though, even in the knowledge that Ba will be away next January (and possibly even Shola too if Nigeria call him up!).

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harper is fully fit...

Now maybe, but I don't think he was for the Arsenal game which is what Phil was referring to.

He was.

Of course he fucking was. Been speaking out of turn though, hasn't he?

Days are numbered. :lol:

Can't say I'm bothered tbh, he's been paid handsomely over the years for compensation of him being understudy to Given. Krul's a better keeper anyway.

Harper is fully fit...

Now maybe, but I don't think he was for the Arsenal game which is what Phil was referring to.

He was.

Can't say I'm bothered tbh, he's been paid handsomely over the years for compensation of him being understudy to Given. Krul's a better keeper anyway.

It's the principle what bothers me Jonny. We've got 4 players who've spoken against the regime this summer, Nolan, Enrique, Harper & Barton. 2 have been sold, one has been told he's not getting another contract and the other is being frozen out.

At least 3 of those should have been dead certs in out side. But Ashley and Llambias are letting personal pride get in the way.

To be fair Douglas has been a bit (and rightly) critical of the club as of late.

Correct, and he's nail on the head again tonight when he's tweeted the following.

@MsiDouglas

Mark Douglas

I don't understand how you can extract over the odds on players going out & then expect to do every incoming deal under the odds #NUFC

@MsiDouglas

Mark Douglas

I support prudence & financial responsibility but Pieters/Miaga/Erdinç could all have been on board by now for 1-2m extra...

Is it starting to sink in yet, ''Team Positive''?

Plus there's also the fact that a player of Harper's age, quality, tan and experience could really help the young 'keepers develop and prove to be a more than capable number two. Instead we're freezing him out and replacing him with a 25 year old who is treading water in League One.

Most have Krul as their first choice keeper and they are probably getting this lad for a fraction of Harpers wages.

Accrington stanley goalkeeper of the decade according to wiki :lol:

Never mind what was put in the post before eh?

Fuck me :icon_lol:

Harper is fully fit...

He was.

It's the principle what bothers me Jonny. We've got 4 players who've spoken against the regime this summer, Nolan, Enrique, Harper & Barton. 2 have been sold, one has been told he's not getting another contract and the other is being frozen out.

At least 3 of those should have been dead certs in out side. But Ashley and Llambias are letting personal pride get in the way.

What did Harper say btw? Can't remember...

After bringing Cabaye in, I don't think Nolan would have been a dead cert in the side, and I really don't think he'd have been happy sitting on the bench.

Most have Krul as their first choice keeper and they are probably getting this lad for a fraction of Harpers wages.

What are you on about now. :lol:

Read it you fucking twat.

Aside from that and speaking from the heart for once, Ketsbaia is one of many who I know no longer post on here because of your shite repertoire. We must have lost at least half a dozen decent posters because of you shite, inane patter but still we don't take action because we're Toontastic and we don't ban people unless it's absolutely necessary.

Seriously, if it meant those decent half dozen returning I'd ban you without a second's thought and deal with your liberal fence sitters who's scream and holler citing nazi-like modification.

You're a dickhead of epic proportions.

Craig has got it the wrong way round. When the players spoke out against the club all the details of the contract proposals were in or near the public domain. So the club can't have been getting rid of them because they were outspoken. They were outspoken as the club didn't offer them what they wanted. That's why they are leaving. Whatever the rights and wrongs, the 'don't speak out against the club otherwise you're out' thing doesn't really add up.

Aside from that and speaking from the heart for once, Ketsbaia is one of many who I know no longer post on here because of your shite repertoire. We must have lost at least half a dozen decent posters because of you shite, inane patter but still we don't take action because we're Toontastic and we don't ban people unless it's absolutely necessary.

Seriously, if it meant those decent half dozen returning I'd ban you without a second's thought and deal with your liberal fence sitters who's scream and holler citing nazi-like modification.

Same old same old again :lol:

My post was about why the club might be replacing Harper. Nowt to do with anyone elses post.

And stop trying to hide behind mysterious posters who have fucked off because of me. Look at the all time top posters list, virtually all are still here and ones who have gone such as Fop, I never had any interaction with.

I think 1 poster has me on ignore and there are many many posters on here who have no problem with me and chat on with me regularly.

Every time something like this kicks off, again caused by an Admin, not me, the same old shite is spewed out.

Whose derailling this thread, You.

Whats fucking this place off is the constant sniping by a very small group. Many many regular posters keep telling you this but you just keep on as you have done again tonight.

If you want to ban me then ban me Craig. You know you are itching to do it and Im sure you can keep going and eventually turn this place into a very sterile forum with just one concensus.

Pathetic. :)

Harper is fully fit...

He was.

Could probably put Sol on that list. He did really well in all but the Stoke game. But he was frozen out well before that.

Not sure where i stand on player power. Nolan and Smith were thought to be heavily influencing the team selection under Hughton. Barton was woeful with his free kicks and corners on Saturday and i can well see him having a flounce if they are taken off him.

Not sure where i stand on player power. Nolan and Smith were thought to be heavily influencing the team selection under Hughton. Barton was woeful with his free kicks and corners on Saturday and i can well see him having a flounce if they are taken off him.

Good point. Difference was, it was working and if it aint broke, don't fix it.

But they tried to anyway...

Ridiculous overreaction. What did you find so offensive about his post? If I or anyone else said it, you wouldn't react like that.

He's one guy, he's easy to ignore, and he gets baited into saying things half the time.

Perhaps these half a dozen posters should take this place a little less seriously, not pay attention to him, and (cringe) man up a little. Pathetic tbh, I've got no sympathy for them.

Edited by Tecato

Just put him on ignore. My toontastic experience has been greatly enhanced since I stopped reading his and Nick KP's trash and I'm quite sure I'm not missing anything.

I imagine admins can't put anyone on ignore. No reason why anyone else can't though if they don't like him.

Ridiculous overreaction. What's did you find so offensive about his post? If I or anyone else said it, you wouldn't react like that.

He's one guy, he's easy to ignore, and he gets baited into saying things half the time.

Perhaps these half a dozen posters should take this place a little less seriously, not pay attention to him, and (cringe) man up a little. Pathetic tbh, I've got no sympathy for them.

It'd have helped if you'd read what I'd type because clearly you didn't.

Aside from that as Cameron's Taxi has rightly pointed out this conversation isn't for this thread so take it to the relevant one in GC.

Just put him on ignore. My toontastic experience has been greatly enhanced since I stopped reading his and Nick KP's trash and I'm quite sure I'm not missing anything.

Nick as stopped posting for some reason or other.

Thank the Lord.

Nick as stopped posting for some reason or other.

Thank the Lord.

Did he go on holiday to Jersey?