Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

£100,000 :lol: Fuck me

and an agreement not to discuss it, then Par-cooked goes and blabs.

No one will do business with us, not only because we're tight fisted but also because we have the professionalism of a slime mould.

Aye, tbh, it's a worry of mine when we ever get people looking to buy the club because they'll only get arsed about.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much do you think we could get for Harper? 1 million maybe for the sake of argument? They wanted his replacement for 10% of that :lol:

makes perfect sense from a buisness pov........................

:lol:

Fuck me even Charlton can't stand the clowns that own/run our club.

"We have contacted the Premier League today to register our concern at public statements being made by Newcastle after they withdrew their interest."

I see Falcao has gone to Atletico Madrid.

See Ashley, that's how to replace a big money striker with another one.

True. Personally I don't think Falcao's worth that sort of money though.

Newcastle are prepared to go to the wire in pursuit of their remaining transfer targets.

Press Association Sport understands the hierarchy at St James' Park will engage in a game of brinkmanship with the summer window entering its last few days, in an effort to get the men they want at the prices they are prepared to pay.

Pardew is desperate to sign a left-back and a striker before next week's deadline and travelled to Holland on Sunday to watch defensive target Erik Pieters in action for PSV Eindhoven.

The Magpies are yet to meet PSV's asking price - the two clubs remain some distance apart in their respective valuations - although the player has indicated his interest in the move.

Speaking to reporters after his side's 3-0 victory at ADO Den Haag, Pieters said: "The Premier League is a very good league to play in.

"I'm open to this step, it seems a great challenge. But if it fails, I am not disappointed. My agent must report to me when it is really concrete. I have not heard yet, so I wait."

Newcastle are prepared to go to the wire in pursuit of their remaining transfer targets.

Press Association Sport understands the hierarchy at St James' Park will engage in a game of brinkmanship with the summer window entering its last few days, in an effort to get the men they want at the prices they are prepared to pay.

Pardew is desperate to sign a left-back and a striker before next week's deadline and travelled to Holland on Sunday to watch defensive target Erik Pieters in action for PSV Eindhoven.

The Magpies are yet to meet PSV's asking price - the two clubs remain some distance apart in their respective valuations - although the player has indicated his interest in the move.

Speaking to reporters after his side's 3-0 victory at ADO Den Haag, Pieters said: "The Premier League is a very good league to play in.

"I'm open to this step, it seems a great challenge. But if it fails, I am not disappointed. My agent must report to me when it is really concrete. I have not heard yet, so I wait."

I think by Wednesday there will be a decision either way. I mean they know theres limited time in the window left and negotions must be concluded midweek. Or you'd like to think so wouldnt you?

Pieters is our number one priority, he fits what we need, plenty of experience in a "decent" league, europe and international. He is "open" to the challenge" and at 30k a week it would work.

Simple fact is they want 6mil, we only want to pay 4.5mil max. Didnt he have a release clause? How much was that for? Are PSV demanding more because they know our situation, our need for a LB quickly and the fact we have money?

I'd go in with 5mil and if they dont accept that we go for Cissokho. He WILL cost more money but i also think he is a better player than Pieters.

Either way....We do have money, or we should have money available. It would be pretty easy for the club to just get this done.

Take a gamble Mike and pay what they want. Show a bit of faith and ambition for the club. Some intent.

Edited by Deano

We seem to be doing everything in our power to make things as difficult as possible, purely to save a couple of £m here and there. In the process we're angering other clubs, have an under-strength team with the season well under way, and run the very real risk of not being able to bring the right players in by the end of the window.

Pardew should not be going there to watch him play, he should be going there to tie up a deal. Sounds like we've killed off any chance of getting Maiga in by tapping him up - which leaves who as a potential striking target? And I'm guessing there was nothing in the Cissokho story either.

We seem to be doing everything in our power to make things as difficult as possible, purely to save a couple of £m here and there. In the process we're angering other clubs, have an under-strength team with the season well under way, and run the very real risk of not being able to bring the right players in by the end of the window.

Pardew should not be going there to watch him play, he should be going there to tie up a deal. Sounds like we've killed off any chance of getting Maiga in by tapping him up - which leaves who as a potential striking target? And I'm guessing there was nothing in the Cissokho story either.

Apparently AP was sat with EP's agent at the match. Im sure he was trying to do a deal.

Sturridge on loan still looks possible.

Inept is the overall impression. Be surprised if anyone will deal with us if we are tapping up, unercutting and trying to activate release clauses.

Seems increasingly unlikely to me we'll sign anyone else permanently this time around. Last minute loan scraps from the big boys' table is probably the best we can hope for now.

Apparently AP was sat with EP's agent at the match. Im sure he was trying to do a deal.

where do you even get this nonsense?

Its an opinion.

He isnt starting at Chelsea and would probably want 1st team football. Why not?

I'm fucked if i know. His Dutch source must have told him about that and about expecting a deal to be done either way by Wednesday. I swear this kid just posts what he wants to see happen, based on fuck all, then puts out his preferred squad, often including players we haven't signed yet. We could all do that tbf.

So, hey guys, I think we'll sign Paulo Maldini by Wednesday. Getting Enrique back from Liverpool on loan is still an option too. He should slot well into our new look formation. I think that deal will be done tomorrow morning. Anyone want to see who i think will be in our next match squad, including the subs bench? :lol:

Its an opinion.

He isnt starting at Chelsea and would probably want 1st team football. Why not?

Because he would require a loan fee and wage contributions, which doesn't fit with our business model, that is, pay absolutely nothing.

Going after Sturridge makes perfect footballing sense and I think 99% of fans would welcome the move, and he would probably even be interested. However, our owner (and therefore, his puppet manager) does not do things because they make footballing sense. I think we've seen enough evidence to conclude this is the case. He runs this club to enrich himself and as a vehicle for his business. Why sign Sturridge and pay upward of 2m and possibly 30-40k/week wages when we could sign a free striker or someone from a lower division who we might sell on for a profit?

Pardew doesnt do the deals, he's the coach. Llambias does the deals and Ashley says yes or no to the money being spent. Pardew said this the other day, its in the "Pardew: Our transfer policy is NO different to Man Uniteds" thread. And being fair to Pardew that is pretty standard practice at a lot of clubs. Its also a refreshing change to see Pardew actually looking at a prospective signing instead of being told by Llambias "heres one that Graham has looked at, it'll be a good deal, he's on a free" But I still dont think we'll sign him. I still think we'll get Iain Harte (or similar) on loan at 4pm on the 31st of August :lol:

If Sturridge wants first team football I think he is probably setting his sights a bit higher than us at the moment.

We've got a few quid to spare, unlike most clubs, we can afford to take the risk of paying a couple of £m that clubs are asking of us.

Sounds like we're after the cheapest price possible, instead of them increasing their asking price because they know we've got a few quid.